[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums where one part or song ruin the entire thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
Albums where one part or song ruin the entire thing
>>
Which song?
>>
File: satanicpanic.jpg (118 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
satanicpanic.jpg
118 KB, 480x480
City Bird.

A warning to those who haven't heard the album, just fucking remove City Bird before you hear it.
>>
>>65028551
Support are troops Oh!
>>
>>65028578
Did it offend you you pussy?
>>
>>65028638
no just a lil cringey
>>
>>65028578
awful song, Jamie really comes across as an idiot in that track rather than someone with something meaningful to say
>>
>>65030052
I see it as an interlude.
It's great tho
>>
>>65030217
It's almost 5 minutes long so I don't think it could be an interlude. I don't think the vocals/talking is too much of it though so you could just ignore it if you don't like what he's saying.

Are there any most bands where the synths sound like Xiu Xiu though? I really like how they sound but sometimes Jamie's singing can get on my nerves.
>>
>>65030217
I like the atmosphere of the song, especially the swirling noises that sound like helicopters, reminds me of Apocalypse Now. Maybe me and him have had very different experiences with members of the military, maybe it's different in the US, idk.
>>
The album came out in 2004 which was back when the whole war on terror thing was sort of at its peak and pretty unpopular with a lot of people in the US. And being something made by Xiu Xiu it's magnified to fit their aesthetic.
>>
>>65030512
Shit, meant for >>65030438
>>
CLOWNE TOWNE
REVEALING NOTHING
>>
>>65028578
i could see how it might bother someone because the whole anti-military thing really feels pretty not thought out, but to me this album is really about outlining this character that jamie is getting across; whether that character was intended or not. he's really miserable, and really even pretty hatable on this album especially on songs like nieces pieces, so this song doesn't feel like a break from the rest of it, you know? it feels like it would make sense for the person writing this album to have the thoughts expressed in support our troops
>>
anyone that doesn't like support our troops for it's lyrical content obviously has no fucking clue what kind of person jamie is
>>
>>65030296
i found this guy a little while ago and the synths really remind me of xiu xiu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TxMtg4IEf8
>>
>>65032310
wait for the synths in the chorus especially.
>>
>>65032284
what kinda person is he then?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.