[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So The Fall of Troy just re-released OK. It's the exact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
23 KB, 480x360
So The Fall of Troy just re-released OK. It's the exact same album just with a more muffled sounding production.

Literally what was the point?
>>
>>65028423
FoT has a tendency to be overly picky when it comes to production. Literally 1/4 of doppelganger is just better produced songs from the s/t
>>
>>65028604
But it just feels like the exact same album with a shittier audio quality.

They said they were going with a more "raw" feel with it though, so maybe there's just something I'm not getting

>Literally 1/4 of doppelganger is just better produced songs from the s/t

I can't listen to s/t for this very reason.
>>
>>65028698
i mean, it wasnt a killer album to begin with. I get WHY he would want to make a dirtier, grittier album. But it doesnt work with the album feel. although, its a lot less jazzy, and more generic. I loved the indie/jazz chords and riffs on doppelganger
>>
>>65028885
Doppleganger > Phantom on The Horizon > Manipulator = OK > s/t > In The Unlikely Event.

I like them all though, I just never listen to s/t because whenever I do I just wanna be listening to Doppleganger.
>>
>>65029042
haha yeah. Dude, we may be the only people who like FoT on /mu/
>>
>>65029082
Fuck no m8. Everytime they get brought up Doppleganger and Manipulator are met with generally favorable response.

/mu/ actually quite likes mathcore.
>>
I like the re-released version better desu
Feels like old fot
>>
>>65029143
Did any of the writing on the songs change or is it just the exact same with all the instruments sounding more "raw"
>>
>>65029042
S/T is great imo but all of the songs that were rerecorded are just so much better on Doppelganger. Still don't understand why people were generally disappointed with Doppelganger because they thought it was a worse S/T when it was actually just better in every way
>>
>>65029167
They added/changed a few notes in a few of the riffs in Doppelganger
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.