[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone prefer this to TPAB? I love TPAB but this album really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: good1.jpg (558 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
good1.jpg
558 KB, 1500x1500
Does anyone prefer this to TPAB? I love TPAB but this album really does feel like a film and it's amazing, plus every song on it is great. Maybe I'm just a pleb who prefers the poppier production and easier to follow story on GKMC.
>>
>>65026057
I agree.

I miss when Kendrick was rapping about shit that was in his depth like Keisha being raped, his friendships with gang bangers, and murder.

I don't give a fuck about your celebrity status, Kendrick. TPAB was a mistake.
>>
>>65026057
cant tell you how much i agree
>>
IT GOES HALLE BERRY

OR HALLELUJAH
>>
>>65026057
Both are amazing and hip hop essentials for sure, but GKMC is miles ahead of TPAB.
>>
>>65026057
GKMC is fun to just have on all summer. TPAB is draining.

So yeah I like it better
>>
how is good kid not better? does someone really think that?
>>
>>65026171
most people I see on here list TPAB as their favourite
>>
Yes because this album is actually entertaining and you don't have to pretend to like half the songs to appear educated

Not that /mu/ would know anything about faking enjoyment of something to appear cultured
>>
i prefer gkmc since its more personal
plus tpab was harded to relate to since im not a famous rapper
>>
>>65026232
tpab is a tougher listen but its still pretty accessible
thats why singles pff it were topping charts last year
>>
TPAB > GKMC > UU > .80

I like all his albums, but I don't care about lyrics so i don't fall for the "wah fuck whiteys!" meme

When it comes to the music GKMC sounds too mainstream for me, Swimming Pools, Backseat Freestyle, Compton, those are all weaker songs. I'm really fucking happy kendrick used the live version of "i" cuz i hate the original
>>
>>65026057
I prefer GKMC to TPAB by a considerable amount.
TPAB isn't bad, I'm just not into "jazz rap" or whatever the fuck they call that heavy fusion it has. GKMC is just a hip-op masterpiece.
>>
File: 1461817890489.jpg (25 KB, 448x412) Image search: [Google]
1461817890489.jpg
25 KB, 448x412
>>65026366
>gkmc is too mainstream
>swimming pools and backseat freestyle are weak songs
>>
>>65026366
but kendricks music is carried almost completely by his lyrics how can u just ignore them
plus everyone on here is crazy racist quit bitching about one guy hating white people
>>
>>65026100
>Keisha being raped

That song was corny as fuck. You probably like No Make Up.
>>
I disagree, TPAB had more consistent bangers and was overall more cohesive, in terms of themes and sound, than GKMC.
That being said I'm not a huge fan of both but I can appricciate Kendrick's struggle that's reflected in his music.
>>
>>65026288
what singles topped any chart?
>>
>>65026366
I dont understand the fuck whitey meme, did the people not read the lyrics at all?
>>
>>65026057
Without a doubt. Then again I'm a white boy from Australia so I relate more to the themes of growing up on GKMC than the racially charged aspects of TPAB. Also the production on Butterfly sounds a bit too repetitive to me.
>>
File: killmyself kendrick.gif (433 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
killmyself kendrick.gif
433 KB, 160x120
TPAB has better lyrics and topics but GKMC has easier to get into bangers which is odd considering that UU,the B-sides collection, has Trap influenced Jazz. I also think is that while TPBA is way more ambitious its kinda ''too black'' so black people love it and white people will only bump the singles.
>>
I wish I could say
>liking kendrick
baka
>>
I still really enjoy TPAB, but this is easily my all time favorite album
>>
gkmc is for sure the better album even if it was much less novel
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.