[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think about Interpol ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Interpol.jpg (127 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Interpol.jpg
127 KB, 1000x1000
what does /mu/ think about Interpol ?
>>
is that album any good? I've only listened to Turn on the Bright Lights
>>
>>65021534
TOTBL is a 9.5/10, rest not so much
>>65021545
Not particularly, it's alright
>>
One of those bands who debuted with a classic album, and progressively got worse each album after that.
>>
>>65021534
In general, not a fan and they suck live
>>
>>65021781
can second this, even back in TOTBL days the sucked live
>>
how to make an interpol song
step one: eighth notes
>>
>>65022554
step two
rip hi hat drum beat from joy division song
>>
>>65021792
>>65021781
from what i've seen, they have been pretty bad live
this is really good though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK_VgHfP_xc
>>
OLTA was their last great album, everything that has come afterwards has sucked pretty much.

>>65021781
>>65021792

i think they started to lose chemistry as a live band in the middle of the OLTA tour when carlos went sweeney todd on everyone. (i saw them live during the antics and olta tours and i noticed the difference) but pretty much any of their live stuff from 02-05 is pretty good, not sure what you guys are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BKhq3ZgtFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBIK7DQj0PM
>>
>>65022562
step three
write singles in F major EVERY TIME
>>
>>65021534
out love to admire is the best interpol record I don't care what anyone says
>>
>>65021781
>they suck live

Confirmed never seen them live

They might suck now, but they were great pre-OLTA
>>
Slow hands is one of the best songs ever

They missed the bassist on the latest album, which was utter shit

"everything is wrong, everything is wrong, everything is wrong" is the laziest writing of any 'band' i've ever heard
>>
>>65022899
I saw Interpol back in 05 and paul banks came out in a tracksuit and was fat and stoned and mumbled through all the songs. As a 16 year old wanting to see the suited dapper retro vibes that all their photos were depicting, i was disappointed to say the least
>>
TOTBL = 9/10
Antics = 5/10
OLTA = 6/10
Self titled = meh
El Pintor = 7/10

If you heard one album, you heard them all. Overall very decent band with some gems in each album
>>
Fan of them; I also like their same titled album thought.

But... are they really so bad in their shows? I'be never been in one but these opinions are not encouraging me to go.
>>
>>65024328
Seen them once at the Fox Theatre in Pomona and I wasn't disappointed.
>>
>>65024281
Wat

TOTBL = 10/10
Antics = 9/10
OLTA = 7/10
Self Titled = 5/10
El Pintor = 6/10

Plus they were quite good in Primavera Sound last year. And Paul had a nice touch when the kights went off and he said "Hay sonido, pues tocamos" (There's sound, so we keep playing) in spanish
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.