[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any racially integrated music scene? Or, for that matter,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1452525550066.jpg (3 MB, 1900x939) Image search: [Google]
1452525550066.jpg
3 MB, 1900x939
Is there any racially integrated music scene? Or, for that matter, any instance of someone contributing significantly to a genre that isn't associated with their race, and actually influencing people of the 'original' race and fitting into that canon, rather than being niche or associated with a subgenre?
>>
>>65021468
Eminem and Jimi Hendrix spring to mind
>>
>>65021468
>any instance of someone contributing significantly to a genre that isn't associated with their race, and actually influencing people of the 'original' race and fitting into that canon, rather than being niche or associated with a subgenre?
Bad Brains
>>
>>65021468
Beastie Boys
Bad Brains
>>
Slash
Phil Lynott
DJ Shadow
A. R. Kane
Jai Paul
>>
itt people pretend that Bad Brains fanbase isn't 99.9 percent white kids
>>
>>65021618
itt people misread what OP is asking for

Hardcore punk was/is mostly white so that a band of black people/Jamaicans could be a staple of the genre is pretty neat. Has nothing to do with their fanbase.
>>
>>65021629
It shouldn't have anything to do with their race either
Or with Bikini Kill's gender
But everybody wants to marginalize everybody else's work so what's the point of even answering the question
>>
There's a black dude who integrated himself into the regional banda scene.
>>
>>65021468
M.I.A. and Baile Funk
>>
>>65021468
UK Club music in general.
Yes, this includes grime.
>>
>>65021744
If MIA had been white she would have been torn to shreds by the press
>>
>>65021879
Well in 2004/2005 it was a different climate. People weren't as hyper sensitive. M.I.A. these days gets called out for "cultural appropriation" like everyone else but she's said she doesn't give a fuck about SJWs so that's cool.
>>
Death Grips
>>
File: Freddie-Mercury.jpg (140 KB, 1060x816) Image search: [Google]
Freddie-Mercury.jpg
140 KB, 1060x816
is Persian.
>>
>>65021879
Diplo is white.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.