[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrated masterpiece. Why aren't you jamming smashing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Underrated masterpiece. Why aren't you jamming smashing punpkins, anon?
>>
because there is Pavement
>>
File: 26.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
Why do you consider one of the most lauded pieces of shit from the 90's music scene underrated?
>>
But I am anon.
Also it's not really that underrated
>>
>>65017580

i would take out half the songs and agree with you
>>
this used to be my holy grail album but now I prefer siamese dream

also you cant listen to this album if you're not sad you have to be really depressed to listen to this to really appreciate it

overall it is a good album it covers every type of sadness in a perfect way sometimes I listen and I'll only like the first half then the next listen only the second half is good

this album really depends on your mood so everyone keep that in mind
>>
File: 594.jpg (14 KB, 192x328) Image search: [Google]
594.jpg
14 KB, 192x328
>>65017580
I really fucking love the album but I wish it wasn't overdubbed and processed as hell. Plus obligatory Corgan is a dick
>>
>underrated
Do you even know how much this shit sold? Do you punk
>>
>>65017580
This album is so much better when you listen to the songs in the correct order as on the original vinyl.
>>
>>65017986
Underrated in a critical sense nowadays (not OP but I'm just assuming)
>>
>>65017580
i am
>>
>>65017580
>underrated
Where? On /mu/? Have you not noticed how Billy is slowly becoming this board's mascot?
>>
>>65017580
They make me feel like shit

Music effects my emotions so dramatically and this/siamese dream always makes me feel like a depressed kid hiding in his room while his parents fight or something

The strongest effect of this I've noticed is galaxie 500 making me feel high or very dissociated
>>
>>65017580
but i am

what's crazy is how much didn't make the album from this era. gravity demos, aeroplane, pastichio medley...
>>
>>65018471
He isn't tho
>>
I jammed them too much.

But hey, that was a while ago. I should probably jam them again soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
Superior release coming through. Amazing when you're stoned.
>>
>>65019126
100 times this.
>>
If you take the best 13 songs from Mellon Collie it's on par with Siamese Dream, however there's plenty of filler on this double album so I don't really give it many listens. Siamese Dream is my fav. album of all time if that adds anything to my thoughts of MC.
>>
Siamese Dream is 10/10
Melon Collie kinda sucks ass desu.
>>
>>65017914
that's the whole charm, SP went against the grain and put out a pretentious ego rock album instead of lazy grunge bullshit

>>65018471

90 percent of the Billy posts are me

>>65019212

what you call filler is just pleb filter. the album has it's ups and downs on purpose. Listen to the whole thing front to back it's a miracle

>>65019126

everything is amazing when you're stoned. Gish is the better drugs album imo
>>
File: 1450813706160.jpg (174 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1450813706160.jpg
174 KB, 720x960
>one of the best selling albums of all time
>one of the most critically acclaimed albums of all time

>underrated
>>
>>65017580
I'm pretty sure this won a grammy. I think it's rated exactly as it should be.
>>
>>65019581
Actually it received mixed critical response when it was released, especially when compared to Siamese Dream. Mostly that was due to Billy's cringe-inducing lyrics. Retrospectively it is rated higher due to it's cultural impact.
>>
>>65019655

>cuz you're all whores and I'm a fag
>and I've got no mother and I've got no dad

I think it's awesome
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.