[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is piracy bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 9lEynTN.png (621 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
9lEynTN.png
621 KB, 720x960
Is piracy bad?
>>
>>64822240
But will it run just like a real Aston Martin?
>>
Yes and no
>>
>>64822240
Does it hurt bands? Yeah
Is it the force destroying music as we know it? Nah
>>
Yeah it pretty much withers artist's livelihood and forces them to sign to Apple Music which will eventually be the only place to get new music on the Internet. Nothing lasts forever.
>>
>>64822389
Hurting the musicians means destroying music all together retard.
>>
There are a million new ways to monetize your music these days. Used to be the only alternatives to the whole Album/Tour cycle were car commercial ads. Musicians who can't adapt to newer models to generate revenue will die out, as they should. That's the way of the world. Most of these new kids coming up are too lazy to tour anyway.
>>
>>64822389
I thought that labels made more money from record sales, while the band makes the bulk of their money from touring and merch. So wouldn't piracy be hurting the labels?
>>
>>64822765
What are some of the new ways?
>>
>>64822821
Yeah, but hurt the labels and they'll be less likely to take risks.
>>
>>64822821
The money that goes to the label funds merch, tours, promotion etc. It's not a "we get money from this, you get money from that" thing.
>>
>>64822240
If it's the only way you consume music, yes.

At least buy CDs of albums you really enjoyed.

If you have Spotify, just pirate whatever the fuck you want, you're already doing your part.
>>
>>64822913
Yeah, that seems fair to me.

Even if you buy used cds and Vinyls you're helping your local businesses.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.