[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Pixies must have influenced Modest Mouse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: modest mouse.jpg (23 KB, 372x400) Image search: [Google]
modest mouse.jpg
23 KB, 372x400
The singers sound almost identical.
>>
Sometimes I think newer artists borrow from older artists and improvise to create new genres and music, but it's just a theory
>>
pixies influenced everyone in the 90's mate, modest mouse is no exception
>>
>>64819765
I think Built To Spill must have influenced Modest Mouse. The guitars and bass almost sound identical.
>>
>>64819849
This is highly inaccurate.
>>
isaac loves the pixies and even some frank black stuff
>>
I think The Beatles must have influenced Modest Mouse. The Beatles perfected music and everyone else is just refining what they did.
>>
>>64819867
they literally say so in a few interviews

>>64819886
tell me how i'm wrong lol
pixies were huge in the american underground, and huge period in england
they had incredible reach, especially seeing as kurt cobain championed them once famous
>>
>>64819867
I'm a big fan of both Modest Mouse and Built to Spill but I've honestly never heard the influence besides on a few tracks like Interstate 8 and Dark Center Of The Universe
>>
>>64819808
Nah that's dumb
>>
>>64819936
>tell me how i'm wrong lol
You literally said the Pixies influenced EVERYONE in the 90's.

Do you know how much music was being made in the 90's?

If you had said the Pixies influenced everyone in the 90's alt-rock scene you might be correct.
>>
>>64820212
lmao semantics my guy
it was quite clear i was using hyperbole
>>
>>64819849
yeah I just didn't think I'd get anyone to acknowledge how similar the two singers sound if I had just said " wow the pixies singer sounds exactly like Modest Mouse's"
>>
>>64820212
this fucking guy here
>>
Yeah The Pixies are influential, /mu/

But Modest Mouse is almost a Pixies ripoff at the level The Toadies are

Open your ears m8
>>
>>64822069
inscrutABLEZ
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.