[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you don't like this album you don't take music seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: hank.jpg (419 KB, 1409x1431) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
419 KB, 1409x1431
If you don't like this album you don't take music seriously yet.
>>
music is serious guys
>>
music is serious guys
>>
music is serious guys
>>
music is serious guys
>>
or maybe
just maybe
music is subjective and everyone has different taste

holy shit what a concept
>>
File: immunity.jpg (128 KB, 345x1280) Image search: [Google]
immunity.jpg
128 KB, 345x1280
>>64819580
you're welcome /mu/
>>
File: Sirius_Black_profile.jpg (19 KB, 270x403) Image search: [Google]
Sirius_Black_profile.jpg
19 KB, 270x403
>>
>>64819533

Correct.

Source: I like this album and I have the best taste in music of any human ever born.
>>
>>64819640
no because music is serious guys
>>
>>64819640
Woah...woah....woah.....that's too crazy for this board
>>
>>64819640
If you don't like TMR your taste is shit. There's no arguing with that.
>>
>>64819670

The same goes with Zen Arcade, Twin Infinitives, Lullaby Land, and Faust.
>>
>>64819711
Yes, I would say so.
>>
"Trout Mask Replica" entertains a pretentious audience who fakes "getting it". The same fops seem to display an image that this album is esoteric, but instead end up projecting themselves as cocky people who try too much and fall flat on their face and ultimately fool no one.

Inclusion is life's greatest joy, isn't it, you sad bastards?
>>
>>64819670
>your taste is shit because my taste says so
Lay off the scaruffi kid
>>
>>64819734
What? It's not hard to like, kid. If you have any experience with free jazz or avant-garde classical music it should be an easy transfer.
>>
i like it
i don't take it very serious
what difference does that make anyways
>>
>>64819740
No, because TMR is legitimately a very artful album, and probably the only thing in rock music that's actually worth a damn.
Unless you can think of another album?
>>
>>64819734

The album is not even exceptionally esoteric in the grand scheme of things.

The album is fun, musically creative, and humorous. Nobody is pretending that it is some divine revelation. That's just something you like to pretend is happening.
>>
>>64819640
Taste and music can have some objectivity.
>>
>>64819734
typical beefhater discrediting the album based on sophomoric rumors, flimsily inferring ulterior motives like that would matter, feeling smug for pretentiously claiming they saw through the scham that is tmr

cynicism isn't wisdom
>>
>>64819800
this
>>
Fantano told me it's garbo so sorry kid, looks like you're the one with no taste.
>>
ITT: Things poseurs say
>>
>>64819820
Spiderland, Down Colorful Hill.
>>
>>64819670
I fucking hate faggots like you because you're the reason everyone here hates on beefheart
>>
i appreciate what it's trying to do, but i don't find it enjoyable
>>
>>64819734
>I don't like this album therefor others must be pretending to like it

kek
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.