[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it seem like a good majority of /mu/ hates mac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: mac.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
mac.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Why does it seem like a good majority of /mu/ hates mac
>>
Because Mac a shit.
>>
I saw that picture a few days ago and legitimately thought it was van morrison
>>
Because Mac is a wac
>>
>>64818628
no u a sheet, mac is the good
>>
He kind of sticks to his formula too much, but I like him. Salad Days is better than 2 by the way.
>>
Basically the same reason I hate DIIV. They both make boring, derivative music.
>>
>>64818559

He good, most of /mu/ actually likes him, but there was a period where a bunch of people got buttblasted about him.
>>
tried listening to this guy. most boring music ive ever heard.
>>
>>64818717

A rise in popularity of any artist will have that effect on /mu/
>>
because his music is derivative trash, and he's a product shilled by the industry to appeal to the tumblr hipster demographic. it's all just so contrived just look the way he dresses for christ's sake.
>>
Whatever he releases next will conclude my opinion on him because even though I've heard everything from him, I don't have a one hundred percent solid opinion on him. If he releases something good and forward thinking and pushes his sound into a new direction, I know he'll be legit but if he releases another formulaic record it will be established in my mind that he's a hack. Only time will tell.
Plus I'm actually hype about that MGMT rumor, hope it comes to fruition.
>>
>>64818891
Derivative of what, you bitter fucking loser?
>>
Why when i click on the picture it don't grow?
>>
>>64818891
On the flipside, we get to laugh at all of his chainsmoking drones dressing exactly like le canadian goofball.
>>
>>64818995
any 4-chord indie pop ever
>>
>>64818891
As someone that knows Mac from when he lived in Vancouver I can promise you him and all his friends had been dressing like that way before he got signed to CT.
>>
>>64818995
i love how mac demarco fans always ask things like this, like they always need things explained to them that are seemingly obvious but it just never seems to register
>>
>>64818559
I like him
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>64819101
that doesn't make it any less contrived. the point is that he and his marketing team obviously value his image over his music. thats why the goofball meme got so popular here. he's famous because of a constructed persona that appeals to snowflake indie kids

this photoshoot (and the hundreds of others) should be more than enough proof
>>
>>64818559
Because he's popular and seems to be having a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong, i don't like his music, but there's no reason to hate him.
>>
>>64819314
hate is a strong word, but this is definitely a reason to be rubbed the wrong way>>64819270
>>64818891
>>
ill try not to sound so one sided here but lets be honest, he makes some catchy tunes but most of them sound the same, and his music isn't really progressing. rock and roll night club was some raw shit. but it just doesnt go anywhere. also, him along with his fanbase represent something that kind of annoys me. i'm not going to flatout say "its shit" or "he's shit", but there is a blandness and juvenile nature to his music and sheik that i dont like.

there you go.
>>
>>64819359
Eh, teenagers are susceptible to marketing and it's just harmless fun. It's nothing new or specific to him. It's pretty easy to avoid him if you don't read Pitchfork and Stereogum every day, this is the first time I've seen him mentioned in a while.
>>
>>64819430
i'm not saying i have a hard time avoiding him. i kind of forgot he existed before this thread. i'm just saying that's why i don't like him
>>
File: 1438133458202.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1438133458202.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>64819055
>>
>>64818717
He's too fun loving for these sad, self righteous shits.
>>
>>64819055
>>64819957
kek
>>
>>64820267
The Aquabats are one of my favorite bands of all time, and I despise Mac.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.