[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Best Daydreaming >Runner-up Present Tense >Worst Tinker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3
File: xlda790-radiohead.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
xlda790-radiohead.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1440
>Best
Daydreaming
>Runner-up
Present Tense
>Worst
Tinker Tailor
>Underrated
The Numbers
>Overrated
Identikit
>Least accessible
Ful Stop
>Poppiest
Burn the Witch
>Feeliest
Glass Eyes
>Memeiest
Identiket
>Most Manipulative
True Love Waits
>>
>>64812888
Is anyone else really disappointed by this album?
>>
Way to trip out the gate, OP. "Least accessible"? FOH

Your taste and your made-up track-specific categories are trash and you should feel bad.
>>
>>64812970

How... how new are you?
>>
>>64812960
nah it was solid
better than hail to the thief, kol or amnesiac
>>
>Worst
>Tinker Tailor
bye...

>>64812960
not at all fampai
>>
>Overrated
>Identikit
Identikit and the numbers are my favorites lol
>>
>>64813003
Wouldn't go that far. Quality album though, it's my fifth favourite.
>>
>>64812888
>Least accessible
>Desert island disk
>>
>>64813037

Believe me, it shows.
>>
>>64813096
>Standard folk ditty filler
>Inaccesible
>>
>>64812960
Somewhat, but still 8/10
>>
The Numbers is the only "classic" Radiohead track and it outshines the rest of the album.
>>
>>64813129
I dunno, i really liked it lately. Nothing bad about being folk or standart. It gives good vibes.
>>
>>64813143
They all are classic in their way, if you ask me. It feels as if they were classic song from different albums, compiled in one.
>>
>>64813230

What in God's name does any of this post have to do with Desert Island Disk being inaccessible?
>>
>>64813101
Obviously it shows, considering that's literally the only thing I told you in my post. What point are you trying to make?
>>
>Best
Present Tense
>Runner-up
True Love Waits
>Worst
Burn the Witch
>Underrated
Desert Island Disk
>Overrated
Identikit

not doing your stupid other ones
>>
>>64813661

Wow. And I thought Summer /mu/ was a myth.
>>
I think Daydream is one of the best music videos i'v ever seen

Such a smart idea , and so well shot.
>>
Song Ratings
1 present tense
2 daydreaming
3 decks dark
4 burn the witch
5 identikit
6 ful stop
7 true love waits
8 glass eyes
9 the numbers
10 desert
11 Timker
>>
>>64813936
Rankings
>>
>>64812960
Not at all
>>
>>64813721
hey newfag go back to summer school
>>
1 true to love waits
2 daydreaming
3 decks dark
4 full stop
5 the numbers
6 desert island disk
7 present tense
8 tinker tailor
9 identikit
10 glass eyes
11 burn the witch
>>
>>64813270
Maybe i misundestood. I thought it's suppose to mean that it is hard to get the kick out of this track or smth.
>>
>>64813918
What's the idea of the video in your opinion?
>>
>>64813936
Almost agree.
>>
>>64812996
Using tradition to justify shit practices makes you a retard
>>
>>64812888
actually, the 'memeiest', 'poppiest' and 'worst' is legitimately Burn The Witch
>>
>>64815001
I don't think that you're right, cause you're wrong.
>>
>Glass Eyes
>Ful Stop
>Identikit
>Daydreaming
>True Love Waits
>The Numbers
>Decks Dark
>Burn the Witch
>Present Tense
>Tinker Tailor...
>Desert Island Disk
>>
>>64812888
Its gonna take a month for it to actually sink in for me, desu.
>>
>>64814847
Birth to death in reverse.
>>
>>64812960
no. expectations were met and passed
>>
>Best
Ful Stop
>Runner-up
Decks Dark or The Numbers
>Worst
Daydreaming
>Underrated
Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief
>Overrated
Daydreaming
>>
>>64815690
>Worst
Daydreaming

:(
>>
>>64812888
Why isn't spectre on this? They are making it a single with Burn the Witch.
>>
>>64814847
Not that guy, but Thom was 46 years old when he got divorced. At the end of the song he's singing "half my life" in reverse. Half of 46 is 23. He was with Rachel for 23 years.

He walks through 23 doors.

You should get it at this point.
>>
>>64812888
>best daydreaming

Should I just skip this then?
>>
>>64815708
It's growing on me but it just doesn't compare to any other track on the album. It kinda reminds me of Codex in that the only thing it has going for it is that it's pretty at times.
>>
>>64812960
yes

its garbage, radiohead fans are delusional
>>
>>64815453
Huh, sounds interesting.
>>64815778
Know that. But the video itself to me was just, how Thom goes alienated and tries do distance himself, from already distanced from him social world. Pretty plain and simple i guess.
>>
>>64815771
Think of Spectre as like a B-side. Add it to Radiohead's list of incredible B-sides.
>>
>>64816019
I only watched it backwards to hear what he was saying at the end but ended ujp watching the whole thing out of intrest

It looks like hes being given birth to at the start and then steps in the the light at the end

worth a watch if youre intrested: https: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjhZYkKvyRg

theres a few more theorys circuling around however ,whitch i think is great.The best art in my opinion is ambiguous.
>>
>>64816239
You know, that really does look liek birth to death reversed. Thanks.
>>
>Best
Present Tense
>Runner Up
Identikit or Daydreaming
>Worst
If I were forced to pick one, Desert Island Disk
>Underrated
Tinker Tailor
>Overrated
Daydreaming
>Least accessible
Tinker Tailor or Ful Stop
>Poppiest
Present Tense or Burn the Witch
>Feeliest
Present Tense or Glass Eyes. Or Daydreaming. Or True Love Waits..
>Memeiest
Probably The Numbers
>Most Manipulative
?
>>
Present Tense 10/10
Daydreaming 10/10
Identikit 9.5/10
Tinker Tailor 9.5/10
Burn the Witch 9.5/10
Decks Dark 9.25/10
The Numbers 9.25/10
Ful Stop 9.25/10
True Love Waits 8.75/10
Glass Eyes 8.75/10
Desert Island Disk 8.5/10

so damn great
>>
>>64812960
Surpassed my expectations after the weak Burn the Witch
>>
>>64816856
Burn the witch is a operner kind of song though

works with the album i think
>>
>>64816740
You glad you're alive nigga?
>>
>>64813003
Hah, amnesiac is #1 niggaaa.
>>
gotta be in the top 5 radiohead albums right? at least
>>
>>64816987
>>64817076
Pablo honey is best

Rest is cuckcore
>>
>>64817095
Oh shut up nig.
>>
File: 092-9-0924.gif (481 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
092-9-0924.gif
481 KB, 320x240
>>64817095
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 576x943) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 576x943
>best
Decks dark
>runner up
Ful stop
>worst
Desert island disk
>underrated
Tinker Tailor
>overrated
Present tense
>>
>>64817744
>>worst
>Desert island disk
When will this meme end?
>>
>>64817896
Truth is, worst doesn't mean bad.
>>
>>64818029
This

My least favorite is Identikit but its still a great song
>>
>>64818029
I realize that. I'm just saying that on an album with Burn the With and Tinker Tailer, it's not the worst track
>>
>>64818178
And i'm just saying that every person has he's own best/worst track on the recodr, don't worry about it. I actually still can't decide which track i like the least.
>>
>>64818255
His* Pardon me.
>>
>>64812888
>best
Present Tense
>runner-up
Ful Stop
>worst
Glass Eyes
>overrated
Daydreaming
>underrated
Decks Dark
>>
>>64812960
Yes i am.

I can't stand Thom's vocal delivery on this. The arrangements until Identikit are gorgeous, but then get messy. Except on Daydreaming, I'm not captivated at all by this record, I can't give a fuck either by Thom's little life problems or by the not-so original use of strings in the whole record, I'm inclined to say that they made a more relevant use of strings in previous works, which kind of defeats the original intentions of this record, I think.
>>
>>64819240
Maybe it's just where I'm at in life, with several recent deaths, but this album has hit me hard. Especially Daydreaming, the song has nearly moved me to tears several times.
>>
>>64819337
Weird, there are so many Radiohead songs that would make me relate to the loss of loved ones (much of Kid A, Videotape, Give Up The Ghost), but not that much on AMSP. I can feel a focus on the theme of the collapsing world, but the world Radiohead and especially Thom envision on AMSP doesn't share much to mine. Actually, I relate more to Thom's concerns on AMOK or Tomorrow's Modern Boxes than here. Just a gut feeling.
>>
>>64819681
Hell, I forgot Street Spirit in the list of songs on the theme of death. Probably the most straightforward and desperate one beneath them.
>>
>Best
Glass Eyes

>Runner-Up
Burn The Witch

>Worst
The Numbers

>Overrated
Identikit

>Underrated
Tinker Tailor
>>
>>64812960
Not disappointed because I wasn't expecting much.

It's boring and I feel no real desire to listen to it.
>>
>>64816671
>Runner Up
>Daydreaming
>Overrated
>Daydreaming
OK
>>
>>64812960

Nope. It subverted my expectations (was hyping myself up for HTTT pt. 2 after BTW debuted) but what I got was ultimately a dreamier, more intricately layered IR and I'm alright with that. I actually think it's better than that album.
>>
>>64819782
>boring
Meme criticism
>>
>>64812960
Not by a looong shot. Surpassed allmy expectations. I'm loving it each listen more than the previous.
>>
they ruined all of the old live tracks. All of the energy that Ful Stop and Identikit had, the rawness of the present tense and thoms soaring voice in that song, gone for the sake of subtlety in the name of "art." the band will never come close to their golden age again if they keep shying away from the catharsis that gave their old albums that special spark,
>>
>>64821015
honestly it's most likely because you're so familiar with them - demo-itis is a real thing. all my friends who weren't aware of the live versions were super impressed with those songs.

i don't mind, really. the live performance are still there to listen to. we now just have too different versions with two distinct moods.
>>
>>64821179
that's probably fair. I must've heard identikit and present tense 20 times a piece over the years, so it is a bit of a shock to have the "official" versions. still, I feel like had they been recorded two albums back I wouldn't be having this problem with the production. I guess those versions aren't gonig anywhere
>>
>>64812888
>present tense is wannabe bossa nova/samba/mpb
>ful stop is accessible af tbqh
nice trips though
>>
>>64812960
burn the witch was weak. but after the album dropped i came hard
>>
>>64816239
I agree with the cave part, but that's the only thing in the backwards video that makes thematic sense. The biggest thing I took away from the normal vid was pretty much what >>64816019 said
>>
I honestly don't understand why people so highly regard The Numbers. What do you enjoy about that song? What moments do you latch onto?
>>
>>64812888
>Most Manipulative

wat
>>
>Best
Present Tense
>Runner-Up
Daydreaming
>Worst
Tinker Tailor
>Overrated
Burn the Witch
>Underrated
Glass Eyes
>>
>Best
>Daydreaming

the fuck

>Memeiest
>Most Manipulative

oh, you're that kind of person
>>
>>64812960
at first i was like meh, then i was like meh plus, now i fucking love present tense, that song is way too beautiful, the rest is ok tier, not bad at all, just ok/verygood, TKoL was better in my opinion, i like rhythms, not melodies anymore
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.