[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is probably the only great thing Rock has ever made. Agreed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159 KB, 300x300
This is probably the only great thing Rock has ever made.

Agreed?
>>
What's that Steven Segal album where he talks about Punani again
>>
No.
>>
>>64805404
Why not?
>>
File: 1251374490186.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1251374490186.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>64805419
>>
>>64805438
great argument
>>
File: 1457654619468.png (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457654619468.png
10 KB, 500x500
>>64805350
Listening to it for the first time right now.

>A SQUID EATING DOUGH IN A POLYETHYLENE BAG IS FAST AND BULBOUS
>>
>>64805621
No you aren't, that's halfway in the album.
>>
>>64805687
I didn't say I just started listening to it that very minute, I started listening to it before I saw the this thread.
>>
Thevelvet>donvan
>>
>>64805449
>not realizing that means he doesn't have one and knows it
>>
I could hear so many more sounds in this album after listening to this on LSD. Highly recommended.
>>
File: mu.jpg (60 KB, 719x243) Image search: [Google]
mu.jpg
60 KB, 719x243
is mu uncreative?
>>
>>64805350
Go listen to Rock Bottom, anon
>>
>>64809981
Rock Bottom isn't that good though.
>>
>>64805350
*holds up spork*
>>
>>64810465
Fuck off Montiefag
>>
You should finish the simpsons already matt
>>
>>64805350
what makes Don Van Vliet a good artist in any medium and not just an egomaniacal cult-leader autist
>>
>>64810726
I mean did you listen to the album?
>>
He stole from black. So did elvis. So did lou. So did barrett. So did bolan. The power three of artfarq. All niggerslayer. And Still no recognition. I swear i will kill, lest this recognition hastensteps.
>>
>>64810844
many times, the music and lyricism is nonsensical. the music itself sounds like a bunch of guitar licks created by someone who has no concept of musical theory and forced someone to play the bullshit he made ver batim. the lyrics are in the same criteria, it's essentially a pile of word salad pouring out from an autistic man, and people attempt to derive deeper meaning from the nonsensical lyrics. Don Van Vliet's music, scupltures, and drawings are all shit, but his personality resembles that of clueless, asperger-esque child due to his odd upbringing, so people eat that shit up.
>>
>>64810995
The guitar licks are actually very coherent. Do you not listen to avantgarde music or something?
>>
>>64811073
Do you beyond Captain Beefheart? I've listened to a good amount of John Cage. I find his works to have infinitely more meaning and prowess than anything I've ever heard by Don Van Vliet. Really, take a look at that man's work beyond just his music. I do not know how people value his physical art let alone his music after hearing him speak for more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>64808682
Probably because they haven't done LSD
>>
>>64811307
>I've listened to a good amount of John Cage.
Cage doesn't prepare you for Beefheart: what about Varese, Coleman, Antheil, and Webern?
>>
>>64811307
Do you beyond TMR? They're a talented band, TMR was a purposeful deconstruction of rock.
>>
Oh boy.
It's a novelty record guys.
That's about it. Other wise its a scam, a spook, a Rothko if you will. Which bares no substance yet you buy into it.

Let's remind ourselves that that Don was mentally ill, never had the discipline to learn an instrument himself and physically & mentally tortured his band. Not to mention, he kept all the money himself and was deeply paranoid when reporters would ask about his Trout Mask band and whether they got payed or not.

The drummer who transcribed all of Dons work was mentally & physically abused so much that he had a problem coping with the outside world after TMR and turned full Jesus freak. Too many acid spiking and beatings.
Don is a hack, most of his life is a fabricated lie and you take that to the bank.

Go out one night and play TMR to your friends, see if they don't look at you like a disgusting freak.
>>
>>64812367
it's a fun album, if you can't appreciate it just get over yourself and move on.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.