[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did people start calling Radiohead "art rock"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1428145307752.jpg (34 KB, 630x473) Image search: [Google]
1428145307752.jpg
34 KB, 630x473
When did people start calling Radiohead "art rock"? Please. It's arena rock.
>>
>>64804005
LP10 when?
>>
>>64804005
I've always considered them more of a pop group.
>>
Low-flying panic attack rock 2bh
>>
They're like fucking Blur for a different aesthetic.
>>
why do you pretentious faggots even care holy shit fuck music music is fucking stupid and for babies and women with beards fuck you too
>>
What's the difference between arena rock and stadium rock?
>>
Radiohead have always just made pop music, just with a bunch of their influences thrown in. Hear in from Thom himself:

>Particularly irksome to the band were links to progressive rock and art rock, with direct comparisons to Pink Floyd's 1973 album The Dark Side of the Moon cropping up frequently.[151] Yorke responded to these claims: "We write pop songs ... there was no intention of it being 'art'. It's a reflection of all the disparate things we were listening to when we recorded it."[97] Yorke was nevertheless pleasantly surprised that many listeners identified some of the album's musical influences, saying "What really blew my head off was the fact that people got all the things, all the textures and the sounds and the atmospheres we were trying to create."[152]
>>
>>64804872
They're synonymous.
>>
>>64804899
Just because you know you're a hack doesn't mean you're not a hack.
>>
>>64804005
what is the difference between art rock and arena rock?
also what is arena rock?
>>
>>64804941
art rock: rock made with artistic intent, often experimental

arena rock: rock made to make people rich from selling huge amounts of tickets for shows at arenas/stadiums etc.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.