[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thought's /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12-08-20-10.png (730 KB, 720x721) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12-08-20-10.png
730 KB, 720x721
Thought's /mu/?
>>
solid
whenever someone picks this or strictly personal/mirror man over TMR they score an extra 10 points
>>
zig zag wanderer is probably my beefheart track

also abba zaba and i'm glad

although I'm only really familiar with this album, TMR (which i can appreciate but i rarely listen to) and the song "observatory crest" which youtube randomly played after another song for me and I love a lot, the rest of the album was okay to me.

where should i go from here in his discography?
>>
>>64800677

favorite beefheart track*
>>
Beefheart > Death Grips
>>
I really, really like this album. It's crazy, it's beefheart, but it's also a very fun album, easy to listen to. The bonus tracks are some of Beefheart's best recordings.

>>64800624
Pointless hipster points, that is. I appreciate people who know Beefheart albums except for TMR, but it's very stupid to pretend like TMR isn't his masterpiece. Strictly Personal is awful btw.

>>64800677
Listen to Lick My Decals Off, Baby. It's my second favourite of his.
>>
>>64800808
>Pointless hipster points, that is

His highest rated album on rym with 6,746 ratings.
>>
>>64800843
Dude, I don't know, i'm actually very surprised about the RYM ratings. TMR is his most known album, widely regarded as his best. I can somehow understand why his most accessible work is rated the highest, but Strictly Pesronal number 2? It's one of his worst albums..
>>
This album is where it's at. In my top 15 for sure
>>
File: R-179801-1172859423.jpeg.jpg (151 KB, 590x593) Image search: [Google]
R-179801-1172859423.jpeg.jpg
151 KB, 590x593
better album
>>
>>64800808
>Strictly Personal is awful btw.
the mixing is all wrong
mirror man sessions is god tier though
>>
>>64800923
strictly personal is awesome, lick my decals off is one of his worst
>>
Autumns Child is god tier
>>
>>64800624
>strictly personal
you mean the Brown Wrapper boots, right? 'cause otherwise you have no right giving other people points.
>>
>>64800604

9.5/10, it's a fucking masterpiece.

TMR is equally good though, just in a different way. TMR is kind of like Kid A and Safe As Milk is OK Computer (yes I know that comparison is old now but I think it works).

Safe As Milk you can dance to, TMR takes you on a spiritual journey.
>>
>>64803785
>radiohead
>good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUHRL2OhpiM
replace 'Lena Dunham' with your name
>>
>>64802584
The bonus tracks on SAM were recorded a little before (or a little after, don't remember) SP - they really sound like what it could have been without the retarded mixing.

>>64802638
you have terrible taste
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.