[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't mind me, just posting the superior Radiohead album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Tkol.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Tkol.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
Don't mind me, just posting the superior Radiohead album.
>>
Don't mind me, raping your underage ass to death. Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>64800070
>not accepting that TKOL is superior to AMSP
>not underage
pick one
>>
Is this a meme or you actually believe in this? I've been seeing this kind of post a lot, since the new radiohead album came out. I don't know anymore.
I do enjoy TKOL a lot and it's problably my 2nd favorite radiohead album as of now.
>>
>>64800089
I believe it's the best post-KidA/Amnesiac thing they produced. It was a new and interesting direction for their music.
AMSP on the other hand feels really safe.
>>
there is nothing in TKOL that comes close to the beauty of Let Down, Pyramid Song, How to Disappear Completely, or Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, so no, stop this meme. its not their best album, by far
>>
File: okkid.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
okkid.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>64800051

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHS3ci9H_Uc
>>
>>64800123
Can we agree it's the best post-2001 Radiohead?
>>
>>64800051
This will be an opinion one day
>>
Objectively one of their best albums
>>
>>64800163
No. Every other album released post-2001 is better than TKOL. Its not bad by any means, its just not on par with everything else they have done.

I am curious about which songs you would say are the best from TKOL, for the ones who say its their best album?

I have it just above Pablo and my favorite songs from it are Bloom, Lotus Flower, Separator, and Mr Magpie.
>>
people hating on TKOL is so bizarre to me... like i can understand people wanting a more grandiose statement out of a radiohead album, but the idea that the music on there just isnt good is rockist nonsense from people whose interest in electronic music is probably limited to kid a and thom's solo stuff anyway. really shows the pleb-ness of a lot of radiohead fans and im pretty confident in it standing the test of time as one of their best/concise experimental efforts as a band (and i say that as a fan of AMSP)
>>
>>64800123
>Separator
>Give up the ghost
>>
>>64800321
people don't hate the king of limbs. they just don't think its on the level of their other albums
>>
File: costanzarainbows.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
costanzarainbows.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>64800163
>>
>>64800327
Eh, try again friend. the "worst" song off AMSP is on par with those two
>>
>>64800307

Bloom, Giving Up the Ghost, Separator and yes, Feral are my favorites, but there's not a weak track on it imo, and the fact that it's so short lends itself to higher replay value, which has allowed me to live with the tracks over the years and why i think while it's not their best it is arguably their most comfy
>>
>>64800369
Little By Little
Bloom
>>
>>64800369

whats the worst song off AMSP?
>>
Was does every Radiohead album have shit artwork? Should not that be a warning?
>>
>>64800369
What do you think the worst song off AMSP is? I can understand people not liking give up the ghost, but that slide guitar and the 'wake me up' along with the tranquil mood of the whole song honestly puts it up with those others you mentioned for me. Except I don't like let down.
>>
File: AMEMESHAPEDPOOL.jpg (170 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
AMEMESHAPEDPOOL.jpg
170 KB, 620x620
>>64800163
>>
>>64800407
Either Desert Island Disk or Tinker Tailor. but when I say worst I really mean not as good as the others. Don't get me wrong guys I love everything radiohead puts out, I'm just giving you my opinion. I really love TKOL but I don't think its among their best
>>
>>64800436
>Except I don't like let down.

The beauty of opinions. See, I think Let Down is their best song ever.
>>
Hmm nobody thinks it's their best
THIS IS MY CHANCE TO BE CONTRARIAN YEEEES
ALSO AMSP SUCKZZ AM I RIGHT???

Grow up OP.

I like the King of limbs and it's also interesting to see radiohead doing something different but compared to OK computer, amnesiac, kid A and AMSP TKoL is a joke
>>
Staircase is a great song.
>>
>>64800454
>Desert island disk the worst

Opinion discarded
>>
>>64800454

this opinion i dont mind (although i think separator giving up the ghost and bloom are better than desert island disk) cuz i agree in that i've enjoyed every radiohead release so when comparing them it's just varying degrees of positive thoughts, it's just crazy how often i've seen people talking shit about TKOL on the internet and talk about it like it's a totally different album than the one they put out

or like that you "have" to hear the from the basement sessions to get into it (although those are great too) but i was into that album from the start and it's only grown fonder in my mind

maybe it's just cuz i saw them live for the first time on that tour that i have such a special place in my heart for it

>tfw when you saw the live debut of identikit
>tfw you and your highschool sweetheart made out in the nosebleeds while they played codex
>tfw life has changed so much and AMSP is too relatably depressing to just casually throw on but i do it anyway because i love it so much

gah this fokking band
>>
>>64800576
I think Bloom is one of their best songs
>>
I unironically think TKOL will be remembered as one of the best 2010 albums, while everyone will forget about AMSP.
>>
>>64800051
WWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>64801434
That's funny, I ironically think TKOL will be remembered as one of the best 2010 albums, while everyone will forget about AMSP.
>>
Bloom > every AMSP song
>>
>>64800051
TKOL From The Basement is actually my favorite Radiohead album, it's like a soul band playing trip hop, they soar on every song
>>
>>64800051
i'm not a fan of radiohead, but since many people say they're so great i've decided to give them a try. i've listened to kid a, ok computer and amsp and didn't like it, but when i listened to tkol i thought it was quite okay.
what do you like about them so much?
>>
I think tkol is much better when it comes to a neutral feeling and not entirely too heavy hearted like amsp.

Tkol is much better if your in the morning on a lazy day
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.