[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank Pink Floyd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 594x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 594x375
Rank Pink Floyds albums, because why not. And because it's always interesting to see the variations

1. Animals
2. Meddle
3. The Wall
4. Dark Side
5. Atom Heart Mother
6. WYWH
7. Piper at the Gates of Dawn
8. Division Bell
9. More
10. Ummagumma
11. Saucerful of Secrets
12. Obscured by Clouds
13. AMLOR
14. Endless River
15. Final Cut
>>
>>64799196
Piper>>>>>>All
>>
Meddle
Animals
The Final Cute
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
The Wall
Ummagumma
A Saucerful of Secrets
Obscured by Clouds
The Division Bell
A Momentary Lapse in Reason
The Endless River
>>
1. Animals
2. Meddle
3. Dark Side of the Moon
4. Saucerful of Secrets
5. Wish you were here
6. The wall
7. Piper at the gates of dawn
7. Atom heart mother
8. Ummagumma
9. Relics
10. Obscured by Clouds
11. Final cut
12. Division bell
13. Momentary lapse

Honestly haven't bothered with endless river, and I never listened to more. Should I?
>>
1. Piper at the Gates of Dawn
2. A Saucerful of Secrets
3. Ummagumma
4. Atom Heart Mother
5. Meddle

everything else is below 6/10 with the one or other standout track and not worth the time ranking, the downfall continues lineary for the most part.
>>
File: tumblr_mkumhlRj2W1r8ki6zo1_400.jpg (15 KB, 379x228) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkumhlRj2W1r8ki6zo1_400.jpg
15 KB, 379x228
>>64799272
>numerical rating
>>
Division Bell
The Wall
Animals
WYWH
DSOTM
Endlezzzz River

i HAVEN'T REALLY LISTENED TO uMMAGUMMA, BUT i REALLY LIKE THE NARROW WAY PART 3.
>>
File: 1460447921792.gif (2 MB, 350x266) Image search: [Google]
1460447921792.gif
2 MB, 350x266
H'bout I rate OP's order?
1. Animals is full of filler and it's Roger Waters cum cup after The Wall
2. Meddle had only Echoes that impresses...
3. The Wall... Oh my fucking god... next...
4. Dark Side? really? There's two or three fillers there so I wouldn't rank it so high.
5. Atom Heart? Like it's 50% just the song Atom Heart Mother... And it's not even that good...
6. Wish You Were Here... Sixth? Please OP, It's one of the rare albums of PF that doesn't/ has good filler in it...
7. Piper 7th? OP are you pleb? It's so underrated psychedelic masterpiece and their debut so we can forgive the not so interesting parts...
8-15 I can't do this anymore... OP is OP ;-;...
>>
>>64799260
Endless river is pretty chill, not as complete as any of the other albums but it's a nice listen. More has lots of hidden gems.. cirrus minor, green is the colour, cymbaline, it's worth a listen for sure
>>
>>64799425
allons-y is the only good track of that album

and the single
>>
1. Animals
2. DSotM
3. Meddle
4. ASoS
5. AHM
6. Ummagumma
7. TPatGoD
8. WYWH
9. Obscured by Clouds
10. The Endless River
11. The Division Bell
12. More
13. AMLoR
14. The Wall
15. The Final Cut
>>
Division Bell is underrated. Some nice songwriting on that album.

Gilmour's latest album (RAttle That Lock) is kind of similar
>>
>>64799416
You sound way meme-d the fuck out, animals and dark side are extraordinary musical experiences. The Wall is also fantastic. Anyone who ranks it any lower than 6 is honestly a Roger hating pleb in my opinion. You can't deny what they delivered with that album. Meddle and AHM both embrace old hippie Floyd in the best way, and the two long experimental pieces are both interesting (obviously echoes is better but atom heart mother is fun to listen through)

Piper is great but doesn't surpass any of the above mentioned
>>
1. Wish You Were Here
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Meddle
4. Piper at the Gates of Dawn
5. Animals
6. Atom Heart Mother
7. Ummagumma
8. A Saucerful of Secrets

Not sure about the rest.
>>
>>64799688
wow, you got it
>>
>>64799688
>>64799696
>WYWH first place
>Animals fifth place
>"wow, you got it"

This isn't memes general anon
>>
Its funny how Animals is so overrated in this board. yes, Dogs is GOAT but Pigs and Sheep get repetitive. Dark Side has better textures and flow and Shine on You alone shits on all Animals.
>>
>>64799740
>Shine on You
You're forgetting the metric tons of out-of-place filler that take up the remainder of the record.

And if you can't appreciate the complex lyricism and furious performances on Pigs and Sheep you're just a massive plebeian who hasn't heard any rock music beyond the 70s.
>>
1.Piper at The Gates of Dawn in MONO
2. See above album, but in STEREO
(Both of these are the BRITISH versions)
3. Piper at The Gates of Dawn U.S. Version (Both mono AND stereo)
4. The Best of Pink Floyd AKA "Masters of Rock (Early singles compilation with plenty of Syd Barrett)
5. Saucer Full of Secrets
6. The Madcap Laughs
7. Barrett (Let's not kid ourselves. These ARE de facto Pink Floyd Albums considering everybody in the band appears on them)
8. Meddle
9. Soundtrack to the film More (The Nile Song alone is worth the price of admission)
10. Umma Gumma
11. Atom Heart Mother (If only for Fat Old Sun)
12. Obscured by Clouds

Those are my rankings and I'm sticking to 'em.
There is NO Pink Floyd after Obscured by Clouds! Just a soporific band that tries and fails to be Britain's answer to Steely Dan, and without the tongue in cheek sarcastic humor!
>>
>>64799715
I love Animals, Dogs is probably my favourite Pink Floyd song. Putting Piper over it was probably me just trying to be objective when considering how influential Piper is.

Anyhow, Dogs is an absolute masterpiece and possibly Pink Floyd's definitive song for their progressive years. However, I've never liked the other two long songs as much as it. David's soloing carries real weight on Dogs whereas on Pigs it just seems tacked on the end as a way to close out the song.
>>
>>64799740
>>64799786

That's how I feel but backwards about WYWH. A lot of fans seem to think shine is GOAT but it just never clicked for me. It's dogs closely followed by echoes... Welcome to the machine was the selling point for WYWH for me personally. How can someone write a song like that
>>
Piper 8/10
Saucerful 7/10
More 5/10
Ummagumma 9/10
AHM 8/10
Meddle 10/10
Obscured 6/10
DSOTM 8/10
WYWH 8/10
Animals 10/10
The Wall 7/10
TFC 4/10
MLOR 3/10
Division Bell 4/10
Endless River 2/10
>>
>>64799272
So you've fully embraced hippie Floyd, not necessarily a bad thing. What do you hate about the big 4? The rest is explainable
>>
>>64799425
Cheers, just put endless river on and it's alright so far, but it's not really gripping me.

>>64800092
Agreed, I love welcome to the machine to death, best song off WYWH.
>>
>>64800211
too "smooth" for my taste.
>>
>>64799790
>>
File: 81fvyZlrbAL._SL1300_.jpg (269 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
81fvyZlrbAL._SL1300_.jpg
269 KB, 1300x1300
Division Bell is the best tbqh
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.