[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of the Eagles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Eagles in 1975.jpg (355 KB, 1200x806) Image search: [Google]
Eagles in 1975.jpg
355 KB, 1200x806
What does /mu/ think of the Eagles?
>>
shit
>>
it's simply Eagles
>>
got some good songs, couple decent albums
>>
I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin eagles, man
>>
>yfw you finally realized that it's Heartache Tonight, not Party Tonight
>>
>>64798948
out of my fucking cab!
>>
>>64798948
Out of my fucking cab. Out.
>>
File: Christgau Eagles.png (195 KB, 1568x793) Image search: [Google]
Christgau Eagles.png
195 KB, 1568x793
>>
>>64799043
I agree with him 100%.

>Eagles have some fun/catchy singles
>on the other hand they're self-aggrandizing assholes and also have a manufactured/processed quality to their music
>>
Shit.
>>
>>64799043
Amazing, Robert Christgau doesn't have shit opinions on The Eagles.

Now if he could do the same with every other band...
>>
>>64798864
They have not aged well. They will eternally suffer from being the babyboomers' muzak.
>>
They suck.

My father once told he bought the hotel california single to give as a gift to some chick he was fucking back in the day. That's the only reason people should listen to the eagles.
>>
>>64799556
I get it. He insulted your favorite buttrock band you like because muh childhood.
>>
>>64799584
>being such a weak beta that you have to listen to trash just so girls will like you

pathetic
>>
You guys gotta admit that the solo in Hotel California is GOAT
>>
>>64799617
>guitar solos

leave
>>
>>64799556
He's usually more right than he is wrong. Except on Black Sabbath and RHCP - I can't forgive that.
>>
>>64799595
And which band would that be?

Come on Christgau, I just complimented your taste for once. Treasure that and shut up.

>>64799637
Now that's nonsense. Have you seen his review for fucking Spiderland?

He basically dismisses any album he doesn't like as "pretentious art rock", no matter how "art rock" or "pretentious" it actually is.
>>
>>64799637
>RHCP

See >>64799595

Called it.

Nah, RHCP are shit and you should be ashamed to unironically listen to them as an adult.
>>
>>64799584
thats called rape
>>
File: 1447510948769.jpg (29 KB, 185x223) Image search: [Google]
1447510948769.jpg
29 KB, 185x223
>>64799043
>reading Christgau reviews
>ever
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.