[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can you have good taste in music if you play video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: kanye-west-o-800.jpg (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-o-800.jpg
63 KB, 800x600
can you have good taste in music if you play video games?
>>
people who play video games generally have bad taste
but that doesnt mean if you play video games you definately have bad taste
>>
>>64798204
No, 12 years old have bad taste.
>>
reminds me when he played the trailer like 3 times because ppl didnt cheer enough for him
>>
Like I dont browse /v/ but why are video games in general a taboo to talk about in relations to music
>>
>>64798204
>Used to listen to anime/vidya OST more than regular music
>Decided to go on /mu/ about 2 years back
>Haven't listened to anime/vidya music since because it sounds so amateurish
Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>64798261
make no mistake, vidya have some of the most talented composers working. Check Jerry Martin, Grant Kirkhope, or Jeremy Soule. all quality
>>
Feel free to join my musical steamgroup:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/avant-garden
>>
>>64798204
It doesn't matter video games is just another hobby. But there are more losers in this hobby.
>>
no, only man children play video games
>>
>>64798258
It's not just music, it's the same on /tv/ and /lit/ too.

It's because videogames are largely infantile mass market products and this site is mostly composed of under 25s. Once the majority of users hit ~19-20 they'll suddenly think that they're mature, know loads and have worthwhile opinions on everything and thus lash out against the childish pursuit of videogames. They believe that culturally they should be digesting something that they perceive as having more artistic and philosophical merit, to match their enlightened tastes. As the hormones that drive the emotional memory that so strongly links music/film/books to our teenage years begin to subside so too will most peoples fascination with these art forms. The number of works that resonate and shape diminishes and most peoples fascination with a medium will dwindle to 'whats on netflix' and 'music was best when I was 15-20'.

Once they hit their mid-late 20s they'll realise that, like everyone on this earth, they actually know very very little and furthermore elitism is a complete waste of time.

Or something like that.
>>
Tony hawk sound tracks were always p good
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.