[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just realized my music taste sucks and I listen to the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1463033585022s.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1463033585022s.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
I just realized my music taste sucks and I listen to the same two bands so recommend me anything and everything you like

if it helps i like the smashing pumpkins, the pixies, dinosaur jr, nirvana, pink floyd, my chemical romance, the smiths
>>
>>64797534
>the pixies
>KEK
>>
>>64797534
You would like Radiohead and Placebo
>>
listen to ok computer.
>>
>>64797572
>>64797621
I've listened to radio head before I like ok computer but think all their other albums are just alright
>>
Pavement, Deafheaven, Lightning Bolt, Sleigh Bells, Giraffes? Giraffes!, Dads, American Football, Lovesliescrushing

Check out any of those I guess, they're all fairly different.
>>
Maybe Sonic Youth?
try Joy Division too, if you haven't listened to them yet
>>
>>64797534
>>64797992
dont listen to this man
>>
File: Britney_Spears-Blackout-Frontal.jpg (204 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
Britney_Spears-Blackout-Frontal.jpg
204 KB, 953x953
>>64797534
>>
File: fetch.jpg (121 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
fetch.jpg
121 KB, 319x319
>>64798023
depending on in which direction away from that stuff you want to go
>>
>>64797652
kid a is their best, keep listening to it until you get it senpai
>>
>>64798011
Seconding Sonic Youth
>>
>>64798011
>>64798061
I really like sonic youth especially their older stuff they're so good
>>
>>64797534
try the moon and antarctica by Modest Mouse
>>
Off the top of my head in no particular order for you OP:

Lucy's Fur Coat
The The
Placebo
David Bowie
Monster Magnet
Ween
Younger Brother
Spoon
Elbow
Calexico
PJ Harvey

Also you should hit up some internet radio, try out radioparadise.com
>>
>>64798021
Figured that stuff would be more his style than hardcore, sludge, noise, lo-fi folk, black metal, hip-hop, breakcore etc, those aren't bad bands by any means though
>>
>>64798244
no you're good I'm gonna listen to this in a bit thanks
>>
>>64798175
>>64798233
thank you thank you I'll give this a listen soon
>>
Yeah if you're ever stale, just throw on some radioparadise you'll eventually get something that tickles your balls then go look it up on youtube, see what else comes up there. I prefer the DJ curated playlist to the robot generated shit.
>>
>>64798306
I'd say listen to The Lonesome Crowded West before The Moon & Antarctica.
>>
You'll like pavement for sure
https://youtu.be/IBcyuUy-l84
>>
Fugazi
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.