[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend of five and a half years broke up with me recently,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: 2x2 recent sad.png (654 KB, 599x596) Image search: [Google]
2x2 recent sad.png
654 KB, 599x596
Girlfriend of five and a half years broke up with me recently, been listening to these nonstop.
I'd appreciate more sad recommendations.
>>
File: bH.jpg (609 KB, 1600x1597) Image search: [Google]
bH.jpg
609 KB, 1600x1597
>>
File: I0G.jpg (268 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
I0G.jpg
268 KB, 1425x1425
>>
When the Heart Emerges Glistening
>>
why'd she leave anon?
>>
File: ZVqEx.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ZVqEx.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
>>
I'm sorry OP, I promise you it will get better *hugs*

its okay to feel sad and cry about it but don't submerge yourself in it. I'm telling you from personal experience. but well, if you wanna be miserable listen to Desintegration by The Cure and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iREX_SzhHu8

>>64795288
the next day I broke up with my gf of four years I listened to this and balled like a baby
>>
In the same boat except 4 years.
What did you do OP? Not sure how you're handling it so
I'd recc:
Red House Painters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BMZ7wfLyno

Songs: Ohia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y

Grouper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCOgvAIL3_U

this album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E
>>
the Mountain Goats - Get Low
>>
>>64795288
>>64795336
I've actually had these sitting in my CD rack for years but never listened to them, thanks.

>>64795366
Numerous things, but the biggest part was I was just getting too busy for her and she didn't feel like we were in a relationship anymore. Ironically now that it's summer, I don't have any of those obligations so I have nothing else to do but think about the breakup.
>>
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 1250x1075) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 1250x1075
All of these albums
Down Colorful Hill, Rollercoaster, Frigid Stars, and Songs About Leaving are essential "I miss my gf-core"
>>
The first time I ever fell in love with a girl it ended with her stopping talking to me after telling me she had a crush on a girl. That same night I listened to Pinkerton for the first time completely unaware of Pink Triangle so that was so insane to me. That first time, EL SCORCHO made me cry of all the songs on the album.
>>
>>64795670
Was she a Jap?
If so you're Rivers reborn
>>
File: American Football.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
American Football.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
hey I feel you man, I've been in he same boat for the past two months. here's what been getting me through it.

>Red House Painters - discography, but especially Down Colorful Hill

>Bonnie Prince Billy - I See a Darkness

>Daniel Johnston's '80s tapes

>Mount Eerie - Dawn

>Sun Kil Moon - Benji (same guy from RHP but this is 20 years later and he's done being sad about being depressed and girls; now he's sad about the fragility of life)

>The Weeknd - House of Balloons (this was when I was getting really high all the time as a coping mechanism lol it's actually fantastic when you're in that mindset)

and if you just need some emo-pop-punk bullshit, listen to

>Jeff Rosenstock - We Cool? (this is actually one of the best crafted pop-punk albums of the '10s so far, don't skip it)
>Glocca Morra - Just Married
>Cursive - The Ugly Organ
>Snowing - Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit

and of course, it wouldn't be a breakup without a healthy dose of pic related
>>
File: 1437928437166.jpg (49 KB, 640x675) Image search: [Google]
1437928437166.jpg
49 KB, 640x675
>>64795340
>>64795386
>>64795403
>>64795412
>>64795413
>>64795525
Thanks for the recommendations, guys.
>>
>>64795837
>>Sun Kil Moon - Benji (same guy from RHP but this is 20 years later and he's done being sad about being depressed and girls; now he's sad about the fragility of Panera Bread and Blue Crab Cakes)
Fixed that for you
>>
File: writers_block.jpg (54 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
writers_block.jpg
54 KB, 500x448
>>
>>64795894
thanks, and we might as well mention all that sports bar shit
>>
>>64795230
If you like rap, Capital STEEZ 135, Evol love. Guarantee you will have the feels
>>
Once again, thanks for all the recommendations guys, I'm off to bed.
>>
>>64795230
leaves turn inside you
>>
>>64795366
Over OP's taste in music.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.