[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who are some musicians that are genuinely good yet mu reject
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1132421444.jpg (184 KB, 608x405) Image search: [Google]
1132421444.jpg
184 KB, 608x405
who are some musicians that are genuinely good yet mu rejects because their insufferable contrarians?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQULWMEIGmY&index=
>>
>>64793686
>interviewee on the left
>>
>mystical energy
Should I even bother
>>
reply to this post and you will get a girlfriend tonight
>>
>what is tame impala
>what is coldplay
>what is fleet foxes
>what is the strokes
>what is the white stripes
>what is queens of the stone age
>what is arctic monkeys
>what is father john misty
>what is mac demarco
>what is run the jewels
>>
>>64793793

I'm such a pathetic /r9k/ poster that I'm replying to this post.
>>
>Genuinely gifted
>Grimes
Pick one
>>
>>64793876
shes not the most talented muscian but shes creative and does everything herself and as a result brings something different to a hollow manufactured pop world image and sound wise
>>
>>64793686
Glenn Gould.
>>
>>64793858
spotted the pathetic /r9k/ loser
>>
>>64793820
wew fucking lad
>>
>>64793793
wew lad
>>
>>64793820
>tame impala
yeah i guess
>coldplay
no
>fleet foxes
ehhh
>the strokes
ehhh
>the white stripes
kinda
>qotsa
definitely. i love their first album a lot.
>arctic monkeys
no
>father john misty
meeehhhh
>mac demarco
maybe if he wasn't such a fucking goofball
>run the jewels
everybody loves run the jewels
>>
>>64793820
>what is run the jewels
What
>>
>>64793686
*they're
>>
File: don'tdoit.png (381 KB, 632x414) Image search: [Google]
don'tdoit.png
381 KB, 632x414
>>64793820
>coldplay
>>
>>64795214
Coldplay used to be genuinely good. They have skill as songwriters and you can see hints of this in their early b sides and shit. They're just too goddamn retarded to go out of formula cause they love sucking fame's fat cock every night.
>>
>>64793793
I'm so fucking alone in this world
>>
>>64793820
all those groups suck tBH
>>
>>64793820
Nice list of shit bands,
Now answer OP's question
>>
>>64793820
The fact that this has so many negative replies just proves how fucking mindlessly contrarian /mu/ has become.

I bet all of these people are faggots that think first of the image and reputation associated with a band before even giving the music a fair, objective, and proper chance.
>>
Grimes is a cute. CUTE!!!
>>
>>64793686
I was really into Grimes' Visions.

I just think Art Angels sucks, and of course really wanted to like it, and gave it a lot of fair shots.

And I want any artist to develop, but this was a case of devolving into lamer territories

She still seems like an alright person, but I really disagree with her on championing like Carlie Rae Jempson approaches etc. (there's a way that could be interesting but she didn't do it). And I'd really liked how she was into a lot of pop like Mariah Carey and put those influences in. But she lost like that magic quality or vibe. The atmosphere is gone in her new music, it exists in a really lame, boring space (I don't mean the music should be 'hazy' literally, but like the aesthetic setting is presented in a way that doesn't work for me).
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.