[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maM lpsI1YrY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
thoughts on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maMlpsI1YrY
>>
File: CdZCZjdUUAETCzn.jpg-large.jpg (106 KB, 1024x1127) Image search: [Google]
CdZCZjdUUAETCzn.jpg-large.jpg
106 KB, 1024x1127
gerard is bae
>>
>>64793914
This
>>
>Tumblr's AOTY
>>
>>64793270
i thought it was pretty good, definitely a better direction then MCR, which are great, but his new music doesn't appeal to that cancerous type of fanbase, which will keep him from getting potentially ruined, like MCR.

>>64793914
i would date him
>>
File: cancer.png (384 KB, 1358x938) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
384 KB, 1358x938
>>64793999
>but his new music doesn't appeal to that cancerous type of fanbase
I don't think you've seen his fanbase, which is full of gender ambiguous SJWs who think he's trans and use they pronouns for him.
>>
>>64794170 I'm talking about one of the songs he recently released which I thought was his best work post mcr, not about his fan base (which is awful don't get me wrong)
>>
>>64793270
darling gerard<3

the distortion is pretty fun
I like the contrast between the very discordant verses and the pretty, melodic chorus and bridge
I really like the bridge, actually
the trope where you do a soft, melodic part in the middle of a loud song and then go back to something noisy and crunchy right after was used a couple times to good effect in MCR, and it's done particularly well here.

a bit disjointed, though I think that was the intended effect
and he still has that annoying way of pronouncing things
>>
>>64794170
well he accidentally fueled that fire by saying that he used to crossdress in art school
and offhandedly mentioning he always kind of felt not entirely male

the tumblr tots, of course, jumped all over that
>>
>>64794509
yeah you're right he said he crossed dressed in art school as an experiment because he wanted to see how people would view him as a girl
and then I don't remember exactly what he said about being trans but he said something like he never felt comfortable trying to live up to the guy stereotype he didn't like sports and violence and connected to girls on that level
>>
File: 1462572710804.png (97 KB, 362x492) Image search: [Google]
1462572710804.png
97 KB, 362x492
>>64794170
i never saw this :-[
atleast its only on twitter, and not 12 year olds with greasy Kool Aid dyed hair and big band shirts that love to brag about how they know how to play the opening to Welcome to the Black Parade on the xylophone.
>>
>>64794733
yeah, there's an argument to be made, but it kind of shouldn't be made. shit is personal.

take a look at that image, too. the fans are fixated on this shit - to the point of possessiveness. if I had creepy fans hanging on my every word re: gender or sexuality or whatever, I'd fucking never come out, at least not publicly.

Anyway, does someone have the rip of don't try?
>>
>>64794971
yeah I guess you're right that the fans who are obsessed with him semi fitting into the lgbt are creepy and weird but I have actually never saw that before sorry I was a dick

I cant upload the file to here so just go to youtube-mp3.org
using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpF4fr_qjq8
hopefully that works out for you
>>
i download hesitant alien on a whim and enjoyed it. gerard is pretty decent.
>>
>>64795183
nah it's alright

thanks familia. I think I might actually buy this one
>>
>>64795231
listen to the two songs he released for record store day they're so good they don't even compare to the songs off the album
>>
>>64795183
shit don't try is really good

I was smiling through the whole thing
>>
>>64795721
I smile everytime i hear it the lyrics are too good I cant wait until he releases more music
>>
>>64793999
Danger Days and Conventional Weapons were great albums though.
>>
>>64793270
Brothers is hands down my favorite track.
>>
>>64793977
that's not Mike Snow or Arctic Monkeys though...
>>
>>64796280
conventional weapons was pretty great danger days was easily their worst album but it wasn't a bad album
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.