[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Opinions? Whats up with this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>
>>64793269
He's pretentious and his music is awful
>>
>>64793269
there's only one way to describe the human being i see here before me...

GOOF

BALL
>>
hope that rumored MGMT thing is good
>>
salad days is his best album and anyone who says otherwise is a contrarian bitch
>>
>>64793269
makes terrible music for terrible people
>>
>>64793269

2 was great but haven't really liked much since
>>
>>64793283
really pretentious? how so? he has like a million interviews and from what ive seen hes just some goober with a big tittie gf who doesnt really cave into any pressure to change a sound or "evolve" kind of like a couch groove you can just sit in whenever you want
>>
we have this thread every day
>>
>>64793325
Yeah, I really liked 2 and rock n' roll nightclub, and a few tracks off of salad days, but a lot of his stuff is pretty similar
>>
>>64793342
the second half of this post is pretty funny not gonna lie.
>>
demarco is definitely in the top 5 worst things about pitchfork music. right behind white american tribal tunes
>>
>>64793342
I'd call him a diet Ariel Pink but it's doing a disservice to the word diet
>>
everybody in my city listens to him and it makes me want to die

they are all slowly but surely dressing like him too
>>
i enjoy the music of mac memearco
>>
all his shit sounds exactly the same. It's catchy but there's nothing there. not a lot of talent, nothing really compelling.

look at the contrast between anco albums for example, and then look at demarco's discography.

all these 16 year olds on youtube think they're the hottest shit because they listen to a dude who sits down, stares at his john lennon poster and plonks out the same old spongebob sounding ass beats on his dad's squier strat for 20 mins and releases it as an lp

if musicians were chefs, this guy would be the cook at olive garden
>>
>>64793885
>they think animeme collective are good
>>
>>64793269
Never listened to him, and probably never will. There's something about him that's just makes me put off by anyone who likes him.
>>
>>64793885
whats wrong with Olive Garden
>>
>>64793945
It's bland af
>>
>>64793945
>whats wrong with Olive Garden
kek. not even that guy but man, get some food standards
>>
>>64793945
NOTHING it's retards that diss it because they think it's where "poor stupid people go to eat when they wanna feel fancy"
I show up in a tank top and basketball shorts high off my fucking ass with my dad at Olive Garden and I overdose on bread sticks and pasta
Olive Garden is beautiful
>>
I think no matter what you think of Mac, and as much as his music often lacks nuance and natural progression, it is great at being emotional, and that's what makes him so great to listen to.
>>
>>64793987
>nothings wrong with olive garden
>admits its patrons are "poor stupid people" and fat drug addicts in wife beaters
well then...
>>
pretends to be dirty because it's a trendy aesthetic
people who listen to him also adopt his trendy aesthetic
i live in seattle and literally every day I see people in the white socks red vans jeans on top and bottom with a plain t-shirt outfit
disgusting
i liked the first two albums and salad days was ok but it didn't feel the same after that
>>
>>64794048
>i live in seattle and literally every day I see people in the white socks red vans jeans on top and bottom with a plain t-shirt outfit
well thats because you live in the U district
>>
>>64794072
Everyone in Seattle is gay and stupid
>>
>>64793987
don't get me wrong. i'll get stoned and pig out at olive garden, motherfucking baked shrimp pasta mayne fuhgettaboutit. but it's not something i'd call serious cuisine. not something i'd say is worthy of acclaim. same way i feel about demarco
>>
>>64794093
>>64794048
sounds about right
>>
>>64794093
>Everyone in Seattle is gay
true
>stupid
theres a mix
>>
>>64793912
i'm not even a huge fan of animal collective myself, but just because they dont really click with me doesn't mean im gonna deny that they're talented
>>
>>64793269
He's great but his shtick is starting to wear a bit thin.
>>
>>64794072
nah I'm in Fremont most of the time, the Ballard Farmer's Market is where you find these offenders in droves tho
>>
>>64794093
ya i dunno why I moved here
>>
>>64794579
heh ballard has become trend capital once cap hill became yuppie central. i just hope georgetown is too small to be the next victim
>>
>>64794612
lol this
Moving to Seattle was the worst decision I ever made in my life. I'm from a seaside town in Oregon called Lincoln City and everyone glamorizes it
>>
>>64794646
>Lincoln City
i have done a lot of camping on the coast kinda near that area. its really beautiful but there is fuck all there. i get why people think seattle is great but its time has pasted and they are chasing the ghost
>>
>>64794646
why didnt you just move to portland? it's so much cooler there, better food, less tech boomy condo retardation
>>64794638
my girlfriend fucking loves georgetown and the record store there is awesome. we would move there if I didn't work in fremont and rely on public transit
>>
ween is better and has more music.
>>
>>64794738
yeah georgetown still has a semblance of "local" feel. i used to live in cap hill then lower queen anne and had to gtfo of those places. if georgetown gets fucked im just gonna leave the state honestly.
>>
>>64793945
Keked
>>
Aging poorly but his good songs lend themselves to easy replay value and fun sounds for summer time
>>
>>64794738
I mean I'd like to but I just feel like Portland is too cliqueish and I know the food is to fucking die for because it's Portland but I really don't think it's the place for me and I have resolve in that due to how much I've been there, I just know for a fact it would take too long for me to make friends. LC is fine, born and raised, still have friends everywhere in it and near it (plus it's easier to get drugs in LC than in Portland imo). I'm comfy. At least it's not Seattle but I'm not the type to go on a tangent against Washington, I plan on taking the pilgrimage to Anacortes soon
>>
>>64794869
>pilgrimage to Anacortes soon
have you been there? its fucking tiny and there is a lot of really dumpy old small houses. i might even choose bellingham over it.
>>
I feel almost no desire to listen to his music at all, yet he is definitely better than most shit you hear on the radio, and almost all of indie rock as well.
>>
Another One > Salad Days > 2 > Shit
>>
>>64794904
Not yet but I'm so pumped just to see the main influence of Phil's music and explore every inch of it. The forests are going to be so spectacular I fucking know it.
>>
>>64794991
another one was bland as fuck
>>
>>64795018
>The forests are going to be so spectacular I fucking know it
they are literally the same as if you were to drive like 30 min east of seattle except with more meth and better access to victoria BC
>>
>>64795053
i should add if you want to live in a tiny waterside community in WA that is cheaper than the seattle area go to gig harbour. better access to stuff, its not gross, and still has plenty of woods and water
>>
File: indian.jpg (55 KB, 412x440) Image search: [Google]
indian.jpg
55 KB, 412x440
>>64795134
gig harbor is my hometown

i live in sacramento now and it's so shitty by comparison
>>
File: sertyeryr56e456.jpg (39 KB, 203x199) Image search: [Google]
sertyeryr56e456.jpg
39 KB, 203x199
>>64795449
damn...
>>
>>64793269

He became a caricature of himself. Shame because I fucking love his first two albums.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.