[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MY TOWN'S SCENE IS SO FUCKING BORING HOLY SHIT WHY COULDN'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1460353262817.png (347 KB, 628x719) Image search: [Google]
1460353262817.png
347 KB, 628x719
MY TOWN'S SCENE IS SO FUCKING BORING HOLY SHIT
WHY COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN BORN SOMEWHERE THAT ISN'T JUST YUPPIE HIPPIE INDEHFAGS
WHERE'S MUH PUNK?
WHERE'S MUH METAL?
WHERE'S MUH ANYTHING BUT BUTTROCK COVER BANDS AND TWANGY PSUEDO-COUNTRY BULLSHIT?
>>
Asheville?
>>
so move to a city that interests you

oh wait if you're whining about it you're probably still dependant on your parents
never mind
>>
under8ge detected
>>
At least you have a scene, the only band in my area that isn't 15 year olds playing 3 chord punk in their basement or soundcloud rappers is a fucking ska cover band.
>>
>>64792991
No
>>64792993
>>64792995
>Dude just leave your job you lucked out on already and move to NYC, everything will work out
>>
>tfw your town's scene is essentially this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUCV9R_Wp0k

AHAHAHA A BEER BEER BEER A DRINK DRINK DRINK A BLA BLA BLA WHY DON'T YOU GROW PUBES ON YOUR FACE
>>
I live in Philadelphia. You become pretty jaded with muh underground scene after a while because you realize nobody really gives a shit and nothing is ever going to come out of it anyway. I'm at a point where I'm more interested in getting drunk that seeing bands or getting laid.
>>
>>64793018
there are far cheaper cities than NYC that have very lively scenes
and if you value your job over your music scene then why are you whining
>>
Here's a fun plan OP:

-Start generic indie band
-Get popular enough to headline a local show
-Play the first song
-Then devolve into harsh noise while yelling hateful comments at the audience and indie fans in general
>>
http://youtu.be/lea1vyrtFmc
At least it isnt this
>>
>>64793060
>there are far cheaper cities than NYC that have very lively scenes
Go ahead
>and if you value your job over your music scene then why are you whining
Now I know you're taking the piss
>>
>going outside
It's hot and tiring.
>>
>>64793125
no i'm serious
Montreal is dirt cheap, that's so many artists move here
Detroit is getting pretty hot right now, worth checking out if you know how to move in the streets
Dayton is cheap and lively, if you don't mind it being in Ohio
Baltimore is heavily underrated and has a dope scene
>>
>>64793228
Baltimore has a great scene. Philly is decent and affordable as well.
>>
>>64792995
>literally mention any kind of music with guitar involved and not completely digital
>guaranteed shitpost meme reply
>>
My town has Latin rap and country pop.
I know the pain.
>>
>>64793051
Philly scene is all fuckin emo revival twinkly bullshit. It's fucking garbage. Suck a dick Jank.
>>
Start your own scene. Gather 10 friends with similar interests and start making music, playing venues, writing for blogs, etc. There are tons of examples of people doing exactly this throughout history
>>
File: 1349407018994.jpg (17 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
1349407018994.jpg
17 KB, 240x312
>>64793228
>I don't speak French but it does sound wonderful
>Detroit
>Ohio
>Bodymore
>>
>>64793228
>Dayton is cheap and lively, if you don't mind it being in Ohio
That's cool to know.

How's Columbus's scene? I live in one of the suburbs and I'm going to be at OSU in the fall but I've never really checked out a lot of the local music.
>>
>>64793416
this

look into Plan-It-X records if you get the chance
they created something pretty special within a few years, which is undeniable even if you're not into MUH FOLK or MUH PUNK or MUH FOLK PUNK
>>
>>64793091
My friends and I did this in high school for a musical presentation. people were upset. I wonder what they're up to these days?
>>
>>64793228
Baltimore has an absolutely swell musical seen. All the bad stuff said about us is just a meme.
>>
>>64793228

>Detroit

As far as hardcore punk and metal, absolutely. The yuppie kids from "metro-Detroit" playing their Black Keys wannabe garage rock in Hamtrammick and Ferndale can go fuck themselves though.
>>
>>64792991
Charlotte here. I feel your pain.
>>
File: scene.jpg (116 KB, 652x762) Image search: [Google]
scene.jpg
116 KB, 652x762
>>64793433
as a montrealer, you'd be surprised how little french you need to get by to live here. most of the people who come for cheap rent are english, plus you'll learn some french in passing

>>64793454
columbus is kind of like pennsylvania was a few years ago, so a lot of org-core type punk
not really bad per se, just not so much variety
>>
>tfw small Kentucky town with a decent sized music scene, mostly hardcore
not even a fan of hardcore but its fun to go to the concerts
>>
>>64793506
>>64793359
been thinking of moving to Baltimore soon 2bh
what's the cheapest / most student friendly / artsiest neighborhood to live there?
>>
>>64793564
My band is coming through to Montreal in a week and a half. Assuming we have some time to kill the day after our show, what should we go see? Any cool nature-y things or cool weird spots to hang out at?
>>
>>64793619
Charles Village or Hampden
>>
>>64793619
I love me some b-more. You might like richmond,va more if your going towards the art thing..esp the fan area.
>>
>>64793544
Awwwww shit, 704 represent
>>
>>64793228
Baltimore is fucking great. It has everything there. EVERYTHING. Not to mention that D.C. is also right to it, so you get double the amount of scenes, too.

For context, Baltimore's biggest and most recent bands/musicians are Animal Collective, Dan Deacon, Teen Suicide, Beach House, and Future Islands.
>>
>>64793693
ayyy

You going to Reverb Fest this weekend?
>>
>Tfw Daytona
No music scene here at all

Orlando is close but it kind of sucks being that its all "LOL WE'RE NERDS AMIRITE XDD"
>>
>>64793657
if you're going on sunday? mount royal, no question. the mountain on sundays is fucking awesome.
every sunday, on one part of the hill, there's people LARPing, which is always a great time because no one really feels weird watching it cuz these dudes are so serious
on the other side there's people gathered in circles jamming on hand drums and smoking weed and generally just being degenerates. very "dude weed lmao" but they're all very nice people and will sell to you if you ask politely
otherwise, i'd suggest hanging around the plateau / mile end neighbourhoods since that's where all the cool stuff happens. some cool record stores like Phonopolis, Sonorama, Aux 33 Tours are there
people will bring their dogs to Parc Lafontaine if it's nice out

if you're gonna be around at night, check out Saint-Laurent boulevard. there's always something going on at Saint-Laurent. Casa del Popolo, La Vitrola, and Sala Rossa are always doing something cool, and they're owned by Mike Moya from GY!BE

other than that, you'll probably find something to do if you hang around the plateau. montreal is far from boring, and especially now that it's finally getting warmer, you're gonna have no trouble finding shit to do
>>
>>64793677
>>64793681
thanx boys
i'm probably gonna be bumming around the east coast this summer so i'll be sure to check out baltimore and get a feel for it
>>
>>64793856
Thanks so much Anon! that's a hell of an answer
>>
>>64793982
dont sweat it my guy
montreal is a fantastic city in the summer. hope you enjoy it
>>
>>64793091
I like this idea.
El Pasoan chiming in, we've got At The Drive-In on our side.
>>
>people who live in towns large enough to have a scene
We don't even have a band.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.