[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, lets see em >Best Choose me >Runner up My Willing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Alright, lets see em

>Best
Choose me
>Runner up
My Willing Heart
>Underrated
Waves Know Shores
>Worst
I Hope My Life (gets 100x better towards end though)
>Most Shocking
Put That Away and Talk to Me crazy fucking production
>>
>>64791883
>best
I Need a Forest Fire
>runner-up
Timeless
>worst
F.O.R.E.V.E.R.
>overrated
Radio Silence
>underrated
This was seriously tough, lots of good stuff on this record.
>>
Excellent choices.
>Best
Choose Me
>Runner-up
Waves Know Shores
>Underrated
Two Men Down
>Worst
I Hope My Life
>Most Shocking
I Need a Forest Fire (I was blindsided at how good it was because I never thought much of Bon Iver)
>>
>>64791966
>(I was blindsided at how good it was because I never thought much of Bon Iver)
Seriously, Blake/Vernon need to do a full length collaboration.
>>
>>64792043
Yeah
It's funny because you would never think of it but when it actually happens you're like "Holy shit their chemistry is crazy good collab when collab now"
>>
File: 1454042582948.png (112 KB, 409x397) Image search: [Google]
1454042582948.png
112 KB, 409x397
>>64792043
I would have chosen that song, though I do like it

>mfw i thought bon iver was james blake during my first listen and didn't realize it til like 3-4th listen
>>
>>64791883
>Best
I Need A Forest Fire
>Runner up
Two Men Down
>Underrated
Meet You In The Maze
>Worst
Love Me In Whatever Way
>Most Shocking
Choose Me
>>
>>64792148
how the hell is love me in whatever way bad? the synths on that song go hard as hell my dude
>>
>>64792244
wasn't feeling it I guess.Besides Timeless, the first portion of the album was pretty boring in my opinion.
>>
>>64792079
Well this isn't the first song they have done together
>>
>>64791883
this album is really boring
>>
>>64793180
do you think everything has to be upbeat you fucking mongoloid?

go back to listening to top 40, jesus fucking christ

same reason i hate playing music with normies in my car because they all don't want to hear actual music they want something to fill in the gaps as best as it can i.e. mindless enjoyable pop
>>
>>64793346
Calm down buddy he might just it's boring
>>
>>64791883
its slowly growing on me, it just feels a lot like b-sides and the backing tracks to his EP titles. Doesn't have any heavy hitters (like CMYK, The Wilhelm Scream, Life Round Here). Not bangers, just singles that can lead the album properly. And this lacks that, at least on the first few runs.

>Best
I Need a Forest Fire
>Runner up
Modern Soul
>Underrated
Meet You In The Maze
>Worst
My Willing Heart
>Most Shocking
Put That Away and Talk To Me ('early days' can just shut up though, ruined this track for me)
>>
>>64791883
Fuck I forgot about this guy, first heard Retrograde and was into him for a while. Is his new album worth a full listen?
>>
>Best
Choose Me (holy shit)
>Runner up
My Willing Heart (such an impressively mopey song, I love it)
>Underrated
Timeless (That siren near the end is killer)
>Worst
Points (I don't think it's bad, I just don't care for the "no longer" motif)
>Most Shocking
Radio Silence (I was not expecting that tense chord progression or the expansive synths at 1:30)

I can't think of a number for this album, but I really like it. Definitely a worthy followup to the previous two LPs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.