[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand why I generally see so much dislike for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: queen-03.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1867) Image search: [Google]
queen-03.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1867
I don't understand why I generally see so much dislike for Queen on /mu/. Is it because their popular and Reddit loves them? I admit a lot of their stuff is not great, but especially in their earlier albums there are plenty of gems. I used to like them a lot when I was younger and then I kinda stopped listening, but every time I decide to give them a listen I always enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>64790927
>Is it because their popular and Reddit loves them?

Yeah, thats why people hate radiohead and nmh here too!

Oh, wait a moment
>>
I never feel the desire to listen to Queen over everything else there is.
>>
Queen were the Coldplay of their day
>>
>>64791211
I was in my teens in 70's. They certainly were not in any way "Coldplay",
>>
>>64791280
Snow Patrol then?
>>
I've relistened to A Night At The Opera the other day and it was incredibly good. The non-singles are very overlooked by the "Greatest Hits" Queen fans
>>
Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions are overplayed to death to the point of cliche. I'm a Queen fan and I even skip these songs a lot.

Most people are only exposed to their top hits which is why they are seen as overrated or dadlike.
>>
The 80s sucked the soul out of them.
>>
>>64793237

Freddie sucked something out of someone all right
>>
>>64793254
He probably did that to multiple people though
>>
>>64791715
I always really like Prophets Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzdjMLKKdgk
>>
>actually caring about anyone's opinion on the internet, especially at /mu/
>>
They're a failure of an album band from a time when there were a lot of great album bands. Totally arbitrary.
>>
>>64793356
yeah always one of my favs too
>>
whats their best work /mu/ ?
>>
They aren't a great album band, but they are for sure a top tier singles band. If all their good tracks were released as singles (both popular and some not so well known,) people may hold a higher opinion of them. They are in that way sorta anti-rockist.
>>
This is brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azdwsXLmrHE

And Lady Gaga stole her name from it
>>
>>64793393
a night at the opera and innuendo and sheer heart attack are tops
>>
>>64790927
God Tier:
Queen II, ANotO
Great Tier:
The Game, Sheer Heart Attack, News of the World
Meh Tier:
Everything else
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.