[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bleeproduction/ #33 CHALLENGE RESULTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 17
File: classroom_teacher1[1].jpg (109 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
classroom_teacher1[1].jpg
109 KB, 500x312
IT'S SATURDAY, BITCHES!

You know what this means. Show your homework. Post your bleeps, talk 'bout da production, criticize.

I will start. Because I was busy this week I couldn't make my fusion-jazz synthfest, but I want to contribute, damnit! So I decided to make a moody, creepy lullaby-thing. I recorded some takes, cut them up (no MIDI sequencing, not my workflow), bunch of reverbs, voila - "Lullaby":

http://clyp.it/g2ehg05r

Electric pianos are DX7, the noise thing is Pulse 2. Spent like 2-3 hours on this project, har.
>>
>>48567023

Well on the one hand, I can dig it in the sense that it has that distinctive cold and sharp FM synth tone that makes it end up sounding like a child's music box, so the title/idea is fitting.

That said, it's pretty basic and boring imo, both from a sound as well as a chord progresion and rhythm POV.

I'd say it's a good starting point, though. Something to build on.

In other news: I got my microbrute and thought i was gonna have these past couple of days off due to lack of work, but then we got flush with like ~1000 more parts so I couldnt make a song for the challenge, sry :(

If it's still around tonight I'll whip something up in a couple of hours.
>>
>>48567711
That's true, it is basically just me noodling around and cutting it up so I could have at least something.
>>
File: retro.png (631 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
retro.png
631 KB, 1152x864
>>48567023
http://clyp.it/kmo50vov

I talked about this one on Sunday, but didn't have time to work on it ever since.

Omnisphere for everything but drums. There is an analog tape hiss sample I got from gearslutz that I religiously use to fill spaces. The synths are all being routed to a Send with MIDI-triggered sidechain, relative to kick and snare hits. Besides the sidechain, all effects are FL Studio standard ones.
>>
>>48567711
>>48567741
OTOH I like the spare-ness and atmosphere, it's like a soundtrack for a movie about the ocean or something. I honestly don't know how to build upon it without removing the "breath" of the piano part
>>
>>48567844

If you want to keep an ambient vibe to it: Pads.

Maybe do some EQ (probably boosting the highs where the "breath" is) work and keep the piano part high in the mix (higher volume than other parts) to maintain the "breath).
>>
>>48568099
I tried to make it ambient-y with the noise-pad thing but, yeah, I actually can imagine a sweeping/quiet pad in the track.

As of now my track will stay that way but I will definitely keep your tips in mind when I re-do it for whatever reason
>>
>>48567840
>http://clyp.it/kmo50vov
I like your kick and snare a lot, waht did you do to get them that way?
>>
>>48568378
The kick has a very noticeable sine-ish low end and there's copious amounts of reverb on the snare, and everything besides the drums is being sidechained to both kick and snare via MIDI so you can listen to them clearly, but fast enough the ducking isn't aggressive. That's really all there is to it.
>>
>>48568520
did you use samples that were your own? or within FL? or did you make them from scratch?
>>
>>48568160
No problem, glad I could help. also remember you can always make alternate mixes of a song saved as different files, while keeping the original.
>>
File: Project.png (453 KB, 1920x1039) Image search: [Google]
Project.png
453 KB, 1920x1039
Fooling around with Polyrhythms and notes that pay no attention to barlines.
Built up the beat out of interlocking parts, using a combination of electronic drums and traditional african acoustic bells.

Using real instrument samples (Like Bansuri) with fuck loads of effects for crazy distorted sounds. Usually running them through the fruity squeeze

http://clyp.it/wapj523w

Time to make:
1h45min

Structure is pretty shit (just repeated the ideas twice), and has no real ending. Just aimed to experiment a bit and have a good time. Focusing more on crazy sounds and weird shit than structure and correct form.
>>
http://clyp.it/eboophrm

Threw this together last night. Be gentle, Im no expert
>>
File: folder[1].jpg (508 KB, 1586x1579) Image search: [Google]
folder[1].jpg
508 KB, 1586x1579
>>48568657
Thx and I've been saving alternate mixes since I started making music, I mean, it's just logical to do that

>>48568675
I can definitely hear the good time in your track. It's like a Hollywood soundtrack gone mad :D
>>
>>48568580
3/5 are drum machine rips, the remaining 2 came from sample packs. I don't usually do sound design on drums.

http://clyp.it/42eorjz5
I did it when my Monotron came in, but only because I wanted to have an all-Monotron track, and that snare turned out awful. Not too bad considering everything came out of a 1m30s session of sound design, but definitely not something I'd use in a project.
>>
>>48568675
this is cool, I prefer structured stuff but I can imagine a chase scene or someone breaking into somewhere and sneaking around
>>
>>48567840
I like it, has a very 80s feel. That intro synth is cool.
>>
>>48568675

I dont think there's a problem with the structure at all, tbh. The horns are very interesting and sound great, I get this orchestral vibe from the whole track. Might consider playing with adding some strigs to the piece.

Not everything needs to be quantized, man. it actually sounds a lot better and more "human" as a result I'd say.

Main suggestion would just be to structure the piece more, like you said t doesn't have an end it just sorta stops. Play with having some areas that you build up to a large chaotic rumbling climax, but also some areas where it gets really spacuous and quieter with the drums/bells fading out, or a least getting much more sparse for a period of time.

I could see this being developed into like a 8-10min orchestral+african piece, I'd suggest focusing on that vibe.
>>
>>48568675
You don't name your patterns? Maybe it's just me but I can't go without having at least a little organization even if I'm just throwing something together. Am I the only one?
>>
>>48568675
The structure isn't bad, I'd only work on the mixing because the drums have very little presence and the brass is too loud, also ends suddenly; maybe a little less volume and some long tailed reverb could help with that.

Good job.
>>
>>48569013
I usually do, but cbf this time. was a really quick project. more of a sketch on he subject of polyrhythm and sequencing.
>>
http://clyp.it/mianaa5f

I've been listening to a lot of (lo-fi)funk lately, and i also like aspects of synthwave, synthpop, etc. I've been working on this since monday, put in a good bit of time since practice is practice. I learned a lot especially with drums. trying to get a good mix

to "filter" the beginning I just shelved both sides of EQ on all the tracks that were there except the noise that I have going through the whole thing. If you listen to the whole thing you'll notice that I double a lot of melody lines with different instruments. I did this with the brassy padish line in the beginning, it's 2 different synths, i also did this on the chorus line. I also doubled the bass kinda, there's the thump-thump-thump, and then just a held bassline for the lower freqs(brute)

The bass drum is 3 dif samples stacked (still unsure if good) and the snare is 3-4 depending on the parts. the Toms are from my DX21, I will probably replace them.

Tried to be aware of dynamics, like transitions and stuff to different parts, removing instruments, adding instruments. building up, I tend to stay static. there needs to be more somewhere in there to fill out and build up.

every instrument is from hardware synths, except one transition part (MS2000R, minibrute, poly800, dx21)

Thanks for those that have posted
>>
>>48569013
Not him, but I never do. Instead, I have one Playlist track for every sample/instrument and put all the patterns/variations in that track, and then "group" them into categories like percussions, pads, etc by having clean tracks in between groups.
>>
>>48569056
>http://clyp.it/mianaa5f
The transition from lo-fi to hi-fi is a bit too quick but otherwise than that OK
>>
>>48569056
>http://clyp.it/mianaa5f
In general, this is delicious, man. Especially the toms. However, there are a few things I'd change.

First, as >>48569089
said, the transition between the filtered moment and the rest of the song is pretty abrupt. Second, the part that starts at 0:59 could use a pad for atmosphere, because you had a lot going on one second and the other one it just feels empty. Lastly, some top end reverb could do wonders on that snare.

Excellent job, regardless.
>>
>>48568695
Since everyone's doing write ups on their tracks, I might as well.

Took time on this one to try to use as few synths as I could, trying to change sounds by using automation clips instead. I think I had a total of 5 channels of Harmor in the end, so it didn't really work but I didn't go overboard.

Also tried to work on progression. All the songs I've made in the past have been very repetitive, only really working with a few ideas that I would grow upon. With this track I made it my goal to switch it up a few times and have a more coherent structure.

In the future I'll try to bring the piano out more and in general clean up the mix. Any tips on how I should go about doing that are greatly appreciated.

Also, triplets are fun. It's a little more challenging due to being used to the piano roll in 4/4.
>>
>>48569186
>http://clyp.it/eboophrm
I thought the transition to the new chord progression at ~1 min was awesome. i didn't like from 2-3min though, it was a good idea, to take the same chord prog and kinda change the rhythm, but the high end organ didn't do it for me. the piano also sounded a little dull, but if you're working with midi piano that might be expected.

that said i liked your rhythm a lot and the intro was really sweet.
>>
>>48569344
Thanks m8

What did you think of the ending. Was "cut high end and drop tempo" too cliche or did it work?
>>
>>48569404
Oops. Period instead of a question mark.
>Tonight, on How To Sound Like A Demanding Autist!
>>
>>48569404
It's a cool way to end a song, i thought it worked. and don't worry you don't sound demanding haha
>>
>>48569449
Funny thing is every autistic person I know does that.
>>
>>48569056

Sounds like an extended version of one of those Regular Show montages. That first part before the transition in particular, I could actually imagine them using that on the show lol.

And I mean that in the best way possible, not as a negative but as a compliment.
>>
>>48569089
>>48569181
thanks, I was a little worried about the transition, do you think I should extend the lo-fi part? or just start the transition a little earlier or something?
>>
>>48569576
I'd personally automate the change to make it a little more gradual, especially at the end.
>>
I am looking for a new music genre to make. Anyone have anything new to do? I mainly make electronic music.
>>
>>48569591
like automate so it's like you're opening up the filter?
>>
>>48569056
>>48567840
You two should collaborate and be friends and shit.

Aw yea matchmaker anonymous on the job
>>
>>48569802
w-w-will we be like ween?
>>
>>48570083
Exactly like ween, anon. Exactly.
>>
>>48569686
If you're willing to pit some effort into it, making classical music through a daw can be quite a challenge, I'd recommend trying that. What type of electronic do you usually make?
>>
>>48570297
House music but I have been told it's very melodic for what it is, and one person even said that it'd be much better as "ambient" than "dance" music. I don't know if that's a compliment or what, but yea.
>>
>>48570325
Look up some ambient hip hop artists and see if you get any inspiration. I'd suggest Blue Sky Black Death, Bonobo, Emancipator, TOKiMONSTA, Nujabes, and Flying Lotus. Maybe even chillwave, I'm not really well versed in the genre but you should see if Tycho gives you any ideas. Good luck!
>>
>>48570551
thanks, ill give the ambient hip hop and classical a try
>>
>>48570551
To add, if you're going to look up BSBD, their album Noir is their best example of ambient hip hop. They have other great albums (Glaciers is a personal favorite you should also check out) but they can be very hit or miss.
>>
>>48569802
>>48570083
I'm down, this could be great.
>>
C'mon you guys, only 6 people contributing? We can do better post you stuff
>>
>>48571030
Actually, considering how many threads we've had so far and the timeframe, this is a good number for a first challenge. I think reddit's FL_Studio subreddit has a monthly competition with 30 entries average, and they have 7k readers, so yeah, we're doing well for our numbers so far.
>>
>>48571090
Eh, good point. I guess for some reason I had the unrealistic expectation that there would be loads. It's still pretty good but I got a total of maybe 15 minutes tops of content
>>
what do you guys think of seamless

I think he's a good producer but his music is swamp
>>
>>48571651
The only man I know who invents a thousand different ways to achieve the exact same bass sound.

His music is subpar, but his tutorials on anything other than bass are very helpful and he is pretty good at interviewing people.
>>
>>48571706
I've never seen his interviews, is ther one in particular I should watch?
>>
>>48570885
do you wanna do something? we use different DAWs but I don't mind just tossing around lossy shit for fun. you're not rynocore are you?
>>
>>48571817
Yeah, I'm ryunocore. I'd love to do something together, and yeah, since we're in different DAWs the way to go would be bouncing things to audio and having a dropbox folder or something.
>>
>>48571817
>>48571875
Holy shit you guys if you pull through post progress in these threads

I'm so happy I said something
>>
>>48571875
dude, i thought your desktop looked familiar, i'm effoharkay. i'll email you or drop you a message on SC or something sometime soon. we can just bounce back shit, maybe make something cool
>>
File: Jexus_mess[1].jpg (141 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
Jexus_mess[1].jpg
141 KB, 800x598
>you will never meet a partner who wants to collab with you
>>
>>48572055
Small world, man! I'll look forward to it, also add you on Skype.

>>48571927
Thanks, definitely will.
>>
>>48571030

As I said previously in the thread, when I get home after work I'll spend a few hours on something. I can make something pretty damn well in only 3 hours tbh.

My shift ends in 1hr45min, then I got an hour commute, so figure 6 hours from now for my contribution.

Not perfect, sure, but at least it's something, a +1 for the first challenge if nothing else.

I bet it will pick up more around that time anyways, tonight when 1) everyone gets home from whatever normalfag stuff they're doing on saturday and 2) people who used today to finish up their track and needed the extra time.

All else fails, take up time and keep the thread alive by discussing hardware and software synths. :)
>>
>>48572114
don't lose hope
>>
>>48572151
Speaking of software synths, is there still a mini hype train for that granular synth The Mangle? I saw someone said they bought it and I'd like some feedback. The thing looks cool but I don't know how buggy it is
>>
>>48572114
Dear lord there's a person on the floor
>>
>>48572247
and a dog on the bed
>>
>>48572261
Is it just me or does the dog look photoshopped in? The contrast is pretty heavy
>>
>>48572261
lmao, I thought that was a blanket
>>
>>48572278
was just about to say
>>
>>48572313
Plus, how the fuck is it sleeping like that? It'd fall off the bed, since it's that big of a dog.

We're starting to get a little off topic. WHATS THE BEST SYNTH NAMED AFTER AN ANIMAL
>>
>>48572405
Octave The Cat
>>
>>48572405
Not the EDP Wasp

I'm going to have to say Serge Animal panel if that counts.
>>
i think i'll make it a weekly tradition to come in here and hand u kids a healthy dose of reality to keep yous in check.

>>48567023
brah, don't start thread and contribute things u put no effort into.

>>48567840
plastic drums. thought it was going to go to sum murky places but ended up with excited teenager wanking out a synth solo instead.

>>48568675
horrible mix. sounded like some jungle-themed car commercial shit. pass.

>>48568695
brahs, honestly it's two thousand and fourteen no one wants to hear you noodling like this. go play sum power metal and get it out of your system.

>>48569056
no hope innit? these threads just gonna be 80s pastiche every time. guess i can't complain about plastic drums when you're going out of your way to make everything sound like cheap plastic shit. least your mix isn't dog shite.

properly depressing, lads. leave the production aside, what we have here is a thread that's full of people who desperately need an education in modern music. sad. real sad. properly disappointed.

neway, see u all next week. try harder and no hard feelings of course.
>>
>>48572211
Holy shit, I saw that thing months ago and I thought it sounded cool but didn't want to buy it because I was skeptical.
Then I mention it once and instantly someone buys it.
I should be a sales rep :p
>>
>>48572656
Yeah those are some hard feelings... Honest criticism is healthy though I guess
>>
>>48572656
Your opinion is noted but it lacks any valid criticism or strong points. You didn't give any insight other than that you don't like it and to you sounds dated. You didn't really give any compositional or technical criticism, ways to improve their music.

>healthy dose of reality
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 552x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 552x604
I made a song for the challenge using samples from Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek".
It'll be on my upcoming EP
I was going for a glitchy yet melodic and catchy sound using tiny pieces of her voice, using a technique called microsampling. It was all chopped up and rearranged in my DAW (mixcraft 6) by hand, without the use of midi or a sampler. I used 808's and trap drum sounds but I didn't want to go full trap, however the bass is a big part of the track.
Check out the music video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mftp2T8vwI0
Download the track here - http://arcadecity.bandcamp.com/album/fields

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance. The song used in the video may differ from the track on bandcamp (I may toy around with the mix some more)

Here's the original song - www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYIAfiVGluk
>>
>>48572656
what is modern music?

also when you have a bunch of guys who just play with synths you're gonna end up getting something "80's". I never like to use that term cus anything associated with like basic/familiar synth sounds gets branded with "80's" it's just music made with synths..
>>
>>48572656
Honest question, what do you consider good electronic music
>>
>>48572762
>not clyp.it
>basically entire song is just the same samples with an 808
Not trying to harsh your mellow, but it just comes off as the laziest kind of sampling
>>
>>48572728
bruh, i don't go up to train wrecks and nit pick. i call it a train wreck. waste of my time to do otherwise.

>>48572832
sick tunes, bruv. that's what modern music is.
lmao at the second part of your comment condemning itself to its own hell tho. 'it's gonna end up getting something 80's' he says. lmao.

>>48572872
that's a pretty big question there, m8.
are u interested in techno?
>>
>>48572946
Just a troll guys, he's not here for any dose of reality, he's just here to call everything shit.

Don't dwell on his criticisms because he can't even back them up with any strong points.
>>
>>48572946
Post a mix and tell us why it's good? Tell us how you did something so anons can learn. If you're not a troll, you're just a big bully :(
>>
>>48572996
lol bruh, okay. u keep whinging. makes no nevermind to me if u keep making shite.

>>48573026
a mix of what, m8?
u want to hear sum sick tunes?

about your wanting a tutorial bruh, we're on the internet, steal a book and go learn your fundamentals proper. then sit there for 10k hours putting that in practice. by the end of it you'll sound like yourself.
that's all i ask of you. that you sound like yourself.

i'm not a bully, burh. i'm a saint n you're being blessed.
>>
>>48573135
I didn't post any music. I was just making an objective observation. Your criticisms have no value because you're only trying to make people mad, not point out any flaws. Hence your "u mad" argument and dancing around the points.
>>
>>48573135
Go to bed Jormin
>>
>>48573135
I'll admit that was some pretty good bait but you're starting to fall off the edge
>>
>>48573187
bruh, what do you want me to say to some 16 year old with a keyboard who thinks we want to hear him bust out a wank-ish solo with some synth presets and what could be a generic backing track?

like i said, waste of my time to do a point by point analysis of things like that.

you don't like how i conduct my critiques, go write some 'strong points' n have a nice circlejerk.

same soundcloud style circlejerk here of people who cry 'troll' when someone points out that what they're spending their time on is shit.

see u next week tho
: - )
>>
>>48573347
i just arrived here and i don't think you're baiting... could you post your music though? i would like to hear what to work towards
>>
>>48573347
Please reread my post. I'm not asking you to do anything. I'm simply pointing out that you're a troll and that your opinions aren't worth considering.
>>
>>48573368
i don't post my tunes on this board, m8. reps n all.

>>48573385
sure, m8. u have a nice evening.
>>
>>48573368
He won't because his music is so terribad that he needs to project his feelings on other people's work to make himself feel better.
>>
>>48573419
Post it anonymously on clyp.it. Even just a small snippet.
>>
>>48573419
lmao, knew this would happen
>>
>>48573444
do this, just wanna know what's good and what's not
>>
>>48573444
I don't think you get it. He enters the thread with obvious bait. Can't articulate anything, and to top it, won't post his music. I appreciate you trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but come on. Just look at his posts.
>>
>>48573347
Well in the off chance that you're not a troll, you should know you are a shit critic. You have no reason to be here unless you can be constructive.
>>
>>48573419
well ok. you could always email yr sc or something to me. but thats fair enough
>>
>>48573444
nah, bruv.
got to stay disciplined.

i'll make a tune for yous lot special one these days tho.

>>48573467
u don't have to hear my tunes to do that m8.

lol@this other brer getting proper upset hounding me tho.
>>
>>48573497
How are you people falling for this?
>>
>>48573511
^^
>>
File: brerm808.png (181 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
brerm808.png
181 KB, 625x626
>acting like a lower class londoner
>"u mad" arguments
>too afraid to post his own music
just stop taking him seriously people
>>
>>48573497
Well what should I listen to, what is good to listen to that you think good? modern? Give me artist/band names that I can just deconstruct
>>
>>48573535
please see
>>48573531
>>48573511
>>
>>48573535
here you go, m8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHOWFni1JlA

this is a proper masterclass in what it is.
deconstruct it for years.
>>
>>48573570
lmao, this is the same guy calling the music ITT dated
>>
File: Crookedtooth men laughing.gif (491 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
Crookedtooth men laughing.gif
491 KB, 260x146
>>48573570
>>
>>48573570
meh, the drum groove at the beginning is good, that's it though.
>>
>>48573570
lol you sound like proangelwings except you wouldve posted shed.

>>48573594
how is this more dated than horrible 80s maximalist synth shit with hamfisted production?
>>
>>48573661
Where did I say it was more dated? I'm just pointing out that the example posted was pretty dated anyways.
>>
>>48573661
mr pawlowitz is always cool with me.
his post-2012 sumtimes don't sit to well with me, still tho, man's got talent for years.
>>
File: there it is again.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
there it is again.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>48573714
>talent
there's that word again
>>
>>48573737
i don't think it's particularly controversial to use the word when talking about someone like shed, m8.
>>
>>48573781
Actually, that's one of use I would consider controversial for the word talent.
>>
>>48573699
the production on that song isnt dated...
>>
>>48573815
for you
>>
>>48573814
eh, fair's enough. i don't read too much into the word. hard work only gets people most of the way, imo. rest is talent/vision/dumb luck/wisdom/je ne sais quoi whatever one wants to call it.

too minor a thing to make more posts over tho.
>>
top 3 favorite vsts?
>>
>>48573909
zebra
omnisphere
tapeworm
>>
>>48573935
whats so good about omnisphere? i hear alot of stuff about it
>>
>>48574113
Takes good advantage of being a digital synth. Has a lot of powerful features. Presets are actually not bad.
>>
importtant community poll
http://strawpoll.me/2199585
>>
>>48574113
Omnisphere is a powerful synth and an even better ROMpler, with gigabytes of multisampled waveforms from classic synths. Definitely worth the disk space it consumes, but it's unstable/has hiccups when bouncing out to audio regardless of how much memory you have left so you might want to record in real time because Spectrasonics isn't going to solve that bug any time soon.
>>
http://clyp.it/3hduwkea
song I made
>>
>>48574644
Not bad, how did you make it?
>>
>>48574176
yea some of the features seem pretty sweet

>>48574515
that's the thing, shit's about 50gb+ on samples or whatever, though I am tempted to try it out... fuggit I have about 1.5+tb to use
>>
>>48574694
It's a good idea to invest in additional drives just for plugins and samples. Shit's so cheap these days.
>>
>>48574694
Then grab Trillian too while you're at it, same company and it's all about bass.
>>
>>48574716
I was thinking about getting an ssd just to load up the main windows program and heavy stuff and load the rest in my 3tb hd, buuuut the thought of having to reinstall everything is a nightmare on its own.
>>
>>48574770
Good idea, but you're right, it is a major headache to do.
>>
Sup, /mu/, macfag here, have a big question.

I just recently updated to mountain lion (yeah, slow fucking poke) from Snow Leopard, and its great and everything.

I just didn't want to update to Mavericks or Yosemite because i lack enough ram for those OS.

The thing is, that i can't install my precious Logic Pro 9 in Mountain Lion and i'm downloading a copy of Logic Pro X from those popular torrent sites.

Those copies, are good enough? I mean, at least they include the guitar amps, and THE Drummer? Or i have to buy the original stuff.
>>
>>48574807
you'll be fine
>>
>>48574965
ur mums fine
>>
>>48575150
thanks uncle Ted you've been very kind since dad left with the circus
>>
>>48575150
yes she is in good health
>>
Tried to go for an 80s vibe

http://clyp.it/h0xelrhy
>>
>>48575584
the kick is pretty compressed, i like the distant piano chords in there a lot. how did you make it?
>>
>>48575703
strings omnisphere
keys korg m1
bass massive
percs and kick vengeance samples
>>
File: UK Garbage.png (443 KB, 869x565) Image search: [Google]
UK Garbage.png
443 KB, 869x565
>electronic "music"
>not a fucking joke

pick one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6eRbmHt68
>>
JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK WOOT!

Glad to see this thread is still up, hopefully it still is in 3 hours, then I'll post something. Getting drunk now in preparation, I know it's last minute but I still wanna help more than just giving feedback.
>>
>>48567840
>http://clyp.it/kmo50vov

all it needs is hannah diamond singing over it and youre set, anon
>>
>>48569056
nice synthwave brah

just try not to use too many plastic drums and it may just bump in the whip
>>
File: ass to breast man.gif (60 KB, 700x716) Image search: [Google]
ass to breast man.gif
60 KB, 700x716
>>48574440
>>
File: breast man perks.gif (42 KB, 700x484) Image search: [Google]
breast man perks.gif
42 KB, 700x484
>>48576097
>>
>>48575952

>hannah diamond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Chwr7UAl_4

I really wish I could unsee this, and go on with my happy life not knowing this crap existed. =/
>>
File: 189894861.jpg (340 KB, 869x1300) Image search: [Google]
189894861.jpg
340 KB, 869x1300
>>48576097
>>48576121

Fuck ya'll, tits ain't got a hole you can fuck.
>>
>>48576517
Nipples are too fun to suck. Haven't tried sucking ass, and I'm not particularly interested. I still voted tits, but it made me think of the comic (which is better than yours)
>>
>>48576552
still voted ass*
>>
>>48575952
she has a pretty cute voice
>>
>>48575987
thanks, how do i avoid plastic drums? Should I buy a sample pack? Look into designing my own? Drums are like a whole new world i haven't dug into very far, particularly for any kind of electronic music
>>
File: producan.png (261 KB, 1599x861) Image search: [Google]
producan.png
261 KB, 1599x861
http://clyp.it/j2pmfye4
My second track ever (first one is a WIP from 2 weeks ago so I can't post it). Totally new to everything so a lot of constructive (and destructive) criticism would be appreciated. Since I don't own any hardware YET (microbrute arriving tomorrow) I had to make do with Massive and Arturia's vintage spark drums. I know the intro is kinda shitty, would sound much better with a decent polysynth.
>>
>>48577431
It's a cool idea. My recommendation is to put some reverb before the silences so it's not just a direct cutoff, even if it's just a tiny bit. Also, I'd fill out the first long section with some more mid range sounds. But if this is your second track ever, you're doing very well.
>>
>>48577512
Thank you, I fucked around with reverb on my first track but never got the hang of it. Im currently trying to learn how to correctly manipulate it (most of Live's stock reverbs I've used are kind of shitty sounding). Do you use a plug-in for reverbs and delay or you use whatever comes with your DAW?
>>
>>48577569
I just use fruity reverb 2 straight from FL, I think it's pretty nice. Sorry, I'm not an expert on plugins. But I remember there was a free one I tried a while ago just called Ambience, maybe you could check that out.
>>
>>48577637
Alright, much appreciated
>>
>>48576552

I understand your hesistation, but still... just have them take a shower/get a douche first bro, it ain't that hard...
>>
>>48577569

Reverb is basically just a delay effect, at fast frequency levels.
>>
>>48577970
It'd be cool if there was a delay vst that could increase in frequency all the way up until it was reverb. It'd make for some awesome automation clips.
>>
>>48574440
Why did you post this?
>>
>>48578205
its /mu/ related, trust me ;)
>>
Is this thread still active? Rec me some modular effects
>>
didn't do the challenge but here's something I started an hour ago.
Moog ringmod, boss drum machine, roland sampler. straight from 4-track tape.
http://clyp.it/diuphtfe
>>
Question: is the microbrute just a meme synth or is it worth my money if I want a first hardware synth?
>>
File: 1567779161710.jpg (17 KB, 283x514) Image search: [Google]
1567779161710.jpg
17 KB, 283x514
>>48578643

dunno what fx you're looking for, but here ya go. :)
>>
>>48578841
Worth the money, especially used.
>>48578838
4-track tape huh? Never thought I'd see that on /bleeproduction/...
>>
>>48578841
It's worth it.
>>48578843
MOTM is the shit. I just wish Paul wasn't so full of himself.
>>
>>48574965
Samefag again.

Thank you, but can you be more specific?
>>
>>48579108
Depends on the specs of your computer. I'm pretty sure Logic Pro X only works on Mavericks anyways, so if you can't run Mavericks, you're out of luck.

Also I'm pissed off that I missed the challenge this time around but I'll definitely be contributing weird shit to the next challenge
>>
>>48578838
That Moog really sounds guitaresque, I dig it
>>
>>48578841

It's worth it, trust me as a recent purchaser myself.

Two demo's I did to show off some of it's analog beauty:

http://clyp.it/fz5ao23c
http://clyp.it/etbs5crx
>>
>>48577431
my suggestion is to stop using fucking massive for everything, jesus h. christ...
>>
File: dsthookahbar.png (362 KB, 1363x657) Image search: [Google]
dsthookahbar.png
362 KB, 1363x657
soundcloud.com/palmdreams/cove

kick, snare, and hat were tightly filtered and compressed to hell, and then a slight distortion and soft clipping. didn't really do much to the symbol that comes in a little later. all mixed around -12dB
the first pad and first melody are both done in SQ8L, a wavetable synth based on the ensoniq sq-80. great sounds, love it. The second section with those weird watery sounds followed by the mallets are presets from the Korg Wavestation. great synth. the kick has a quick low sine wave underneath because the compression caused it to lose its low end. for the lo fi effect i literally just cut the top around 6.5kHz lol. i won't go into the music theory, it's pretty simple stuff tho
>>
>>48580480
Did what I could with what I currently have. As a total beginner, I think It would have been a waste of time exploring every cool VST to make a quick track. Plus it doesn't really seems like Im using it for everything
>>
>>48580662
in the pic you posted it does, every track is Massive.

at least you're not making dubshit, but try and branch out a bit, there are plenty of good free vst's out there with more original, less shitty sounds.
>>
>>48577431
the microbrute is monophonic btw, didn't know if u knew that
>>
>>48580480
I was going to say there's nothing wrong with having a favorite synth, but then I saw that you were right and that massive was used for literally everything
>>
>>48580648
>symbol
i meant cymbal jesus
>>
>>48580734
meant to say sounds*. But I still, I get what you're saying. I've used a little bit of Crystal and TAL-Bass but right now I'm learning more about synthesis so I don't need to rely on massive presets. Any particular VST's you'd recommend?
>>
>>48580780
Oh yes I know, I was just trying to point out that at least, in my head, the intro melody sounded kinda good but my inexperience in making polysynth sounds fucked it up
>>
>>48580780

So is every analog synth under a grand.

Pulse 2 gets by with paraphony but it's still not truly polyphonic (all voices use the same VCA and VCF, and I believe they're all pulse waves too iirc), and it's not even VCO, it's DCO.

You can just record multiple single voice tracks, didn't know if u knew that
>>
>>48580833
dunno, personally I use NanoStudio and the Eden synth that comes with it, which is very nice and easy to use, but isn't available as a plugin, and hardware.

this is good though: http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=405

that website in general is great, just try anything that strikes your fancy, it's all free.
>>
>>48573135

Go to bed Zomby
>>
>>48581282

Lol, wasn't expecting this but it's surprisingly fitting.

FUckin' melon, amirite?
>>
>>48580833
>http://clyp.it/j2pmfye4
sylenth1
>>
>>48568695
12 and a half hours later I'm back. anyone else have input before I go to sleep?
>>
>>48583523
Yes. Get a job.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.