[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the top 5 shittiest new bands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: bloodonthedancefloor.jpg (201 KB, 1200x802) Image search: [Google]
bloodonthedancefloor.jpg
201 KB, 1200x802
/mu/, there are some really, really fucking shitty modern bands. i don't think there's any way to define which steaming pile of noise making shit is the stinkiest, but we can always name the top 5 we hate most.

1. blink 182
2. seether
3. chevelle
4. twenty one pilots
5. shine down

all these bands are terrible, i am physically incapable of prolonged exposure to them
>>
File: 1462665472539.jpg (342 KB, 1858x1628) Image search: [Google]
1462665472539.jpg
342 KB, 1858x1628
Does Twenty One Pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective
>>
why you so butt blasted? are those the bands that your older brother who is much more satisfied with himself listens to?
>>
>>64789976
>Blink 182
>Blood on The Dance Floor
>Modern

Sage in all fields
>>
blood on the dance floor
twenty one pilots
brokencyde
death grips
animal collective
>>
Then there's me who hates fall out boy, NOTED blink 182. Yet, I have fallen in love with twenty one pilots
>>
>>64790013

Stressed out is pretty much a panda bear song sung by Avey
>>
>>64789976
>blink 182
the quintessential element of punk rock is simplicity, and you can take bands like rancid and early green day to see that it's effective. however, blink 182 somehow manages to fuck this up and sound really god damn stupid. blink 182 sounds like a middle school band in the respect that it both is a band only middle schoolers would like, and it is a band that sounds like a middle schooler's first attempt at making music.

> seether
these guys tried ripping off nirvana and somehow ended up sounding like nickelback, a highly commendable achievement of fuckuppery. seether is not only bad because they sound like a jackhammer in a woodchipper, but they also happen to write ridiculously emo shit that can only be seconded by linkin park.

>chevelle
speaking of ripoffs, chevelle sounds like the autistic little brother of tool. they try really hard to recreate their musical style but fall very short, producing a radiantly unimpressive and lacking sound. but what's worst about chevelle is that it's so fucking boring. the only time i would ever actually listen to them is if i needed desperately to get to sleep.

>twenty one pilots
like seether, twenty one pilots happens to release a lot of really emo shit. their approach to sensitive poetry is hugely misguiden and all of their songs sound angsty, whiny, and just plain cringeworthy. they are like the musical representation of a 16 year old girl. even worse is their complete lack of musical talent - all of the instrumentals in their songs consist of looping, simply made piano and drum tracks. not a lot of thought goes into twenty one pilots, and that's probably why they are so bad.

>shinedown
shinedown is like a more recent nickelback. all their music seems to be linear, similar in structure, clichéd, and just fucking hard to listen to. they also like to try doing country every once in a while. this, however, is a shitty idea, and creates a nonsensical blend of genres that just sounds stupidly bad.
>>
I dont mind blink-182, not my favorite though.

Fall out Boy and Panic at the Disco need to be on that list :l
>>
>>64790047
you know what i mean dickkike.

2000s.
>>
>>64790111
le edgy contrarian reporting in

leading the pack, innovating ideas over at reddit
>>
>>64790550
Fuck off
>>
>>64790494
they were on the list, but i decided chevelle was worse. my girlfriend dragged me to their concert a few months ago and good lord they are fucking bad. they also don't play live, their entire concert minus the vocals is pre recorded.
>>
File: 1460537002759.jpg (15 KB, 148x256) Image search: [Google]
1460537002759.jpg
15 KB, 148x256
reminder that 10% of this board likes dance gavin dance

1 out of every 10 anons you see here likes dance gavin dance

and you don't even know who they are... it could be anyone
>>
>>64790494
I agree, but panics second album is surprisingly not that terrible, to be honest. But it wasn't really a panic akbum. The Keyboardist pulled a Brian Wilson and like wrote the whole thing himself, and then left the band. But other than that I absolutely abhor both bands.

Twenty one pilots, blood on the dancefloor, bring me the horizon, panic at the disco (other than the exception listed above), and later fall out boy (simply because sell out fall out boy is so incredibly bad, that it makes earlier FOB seem bearable).

Twenty one pilots is probably the most cancerous though. They're incredibly popular (along with all other bands listed) at my school. It's awful. Everywhere on campus I go, I see at least one 21p shirt. They're so unoriginal, bland, and cringey. Not kidding, Car Radio is literally one of the worst songs I've ever heard
>>
>>64790645

i like a fair amount of scene stuff but cant stand dgd if that somehow makes you feel better
>>
Yung Pororo
>>
Slint
GY!BE
Swans
Magma
Henry Cow
>>
File: 1462843638336.jpg (52 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1462843638336.jpg
52 KB, 618x618
>>64791157
>>
>>64790645
I'm not a fan of DGD but I love the things that derive from it (A Lot Like Birds, Stolas, most anything on Blue Swan Records)
>>
Fuck Maroon 5
>>
>>64792108
>A Lot Like Birds
my nigga
>>
>>64792120
Maroon 5 needs to go and stay go. Fuck Adam Levine and his cybernetic goose voice.
In addition:
-Coldplay
-Train
-Ed Sheeran
-Meagan Trainor

[spoiler]i don't mind some of twenty one pilots' other stuff but[/spoiler]
stressed out is so aggressively terrible
so is new americana

them and Halsey only didn't go on the list of 5 because they've each only got one hit and so aren't metastatic cancer yet

[spoiler]top 40 stations are all my car radio gets[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1455348936605.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1455348936605.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
>>64789976
>Getting mad at pop music and people who listen to pop music
>>
File: crying-happy-face_grande.jpg (119 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
crying-happy-face_grande.jpg
119 KB, 600x600
>>64792554
>cybernetic goose voice
>>
There's this shitty formula current pop music has that somehow appeals to the younger millennials. Loud generic electronic beats but no other substance or warmth, and pretty-boy vocals or whiny female vocals.

Anything with the above. Hearing it all over the place literally makes me angry.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.