[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i write lyrics like him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: .jpg (100 KB, 1280x799) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
100 KB, 1280x799
>>
>>64789269
read a lot of potery and fiction
use historical anecdotes from time to time
be vague when needed
>>
>>64789269
>>64789322
and get out of your fucking room
>>
>>64789438
where do igo
>>
get baked and throw yourself down the stairs a few times
>>
>>64789796
outside
>>
country infused stream of consciousness wordplay will come to you but only if you say "Ay Ay lemme riddle like Uncle Bobbo"
>>
hell be fine
>>
>>64789915
ay ay lemme riddle like uncle bobo
>>
>>64789915
>>64789915
Ay Ay lemme riddle like Uncle Bobo
>>
read a lot of poetry and novels
live a life as interesting as him
break your heart a couple of times
travel a lot
>>
amphetamines
>>
>>64789438
coffee shops (not starbucks, local places)
concerts
art museums
the art district of your local city
parks
libraries

From my personal experience as a writer, it helps to walk around and get immersed in the environment. Read poetry, listen to music etc.
>>
>>64789915
Nazi lemmy rico icke roni nodde! Good one btw.
>>
>>64789973
>>live a life as interesting as him
what life did bob have? we know nothing about him
>>
ay ay let me ride like uncle bobbo
>>
>>64790099
i think he got some biographies under his name, also, given his age and money, i bet he has been through a lot of things, way more than our fellow young members of this chinese board
>>
I actually am wondering about this too.

First I suggest finding a really, really good introduction to poetry. Lyrics are just poetry set to music. Don't overthink it. Study poetry and writing.

Second, you know - go outside. Do things that make you uncomfortable. Be a fucking jangler. Do stuff that jangles you inside. Break your barriers.

I recently have been reading a book by Harold Bloom on Shakespear and it has really helped me to understand poetry and writing more.

What would be great would be a book that is totally just devoted to the greatest poems ever written, and has essays and explanations for each one. Kind of like an intro to poetry but without the boring technical shit about meter and blah blah blah.
>>
>>64790179
i think i know what your problem is

you're dumb and boring and that can't be fixed
>>
>>64790226
you sound like a stupid faggot
>>
intentionally fuck up a relationship
>>
>>64789915
Ay Ay lemme riddle like Uncle Bobbo"
>>
>>64790226
fuck off faggot
>>
>>64790381
>>64790585
see >>64790226
>>
Read Walt Whitman, William Blake, and the King James Bible.
>>
stop trying to emulate the unemulatable
>>
>>64789269

this(>>64790179) is great advice
but also
don't limit yourself.
You have a unique perspective. Even if you don't think you do.
Probably even an experience or two he didn't have.
You can't just look outward, you have to look inward, too.
And when you write don't wonder if he'd like it.
Figure out if you like it.
And if you don't then try again.
>>
File: demis.jpg (69 KB, 510x772) Image search: [Google]
demis.jpg
69 KB, 510x772
>>64789796
brothels, really rough pubs, Ladbrokes
>>
as if anyone here know
>>
File: Barton-Fink-Lerner.png (400 KB, 581x373) Image search: [Google]
Barton-Fink-Lerner.png
400 KB, 581x373
>>64791505
oh come of it

it'd be like

"Hey Mr Postman sending me a letter
that I sent myself
many years ago

The doors that I have closed
were the ones I walked through
and the experiences
live here in the room"

sort of thing
>>
Take in as wide array an of influences as you can.
>>64789438
Dylan has been pretty much a recluse for the majority of his life by now, just saying.
>>64790099
Dude, the only musicians that has more biographies out about them than Dylan are The Beatles. There are even books detailing every he's known to have written.
>>
>>64791831
>Dylan has been pretty much a recluse for the majority of his life by now, just saying.
really, I never knew that
>>
>>64791852
I mean, recluse isn't exactly the right word, he does go out and tour obviously but for a rockstar of his stature he lives an insanely private life.
>>
The guy who wrote american pie tried to write like him, so take that as an inspiration.
>>
>>64791889
and a renowned womaniser
>>
>>64791929
Erm, not really. I mean, yeah, compared to you and me he probably is but again compared to the average rockstar/figure in the public sphere not so much. The only period of his life where Dylan lived like a rockstar was during the electric era...which was a total of 14 months.
>>
File: 1771287.jpg (48 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1771287.jpg
48 KB, 500x501
>>
>>64789973
>break your heart
>a couple of times

More like all the time.
>>
>>64789269
Jimi Hendrixs carried a book of Dylan lyrics with him most places.
>>
>>64793141
be touched by God
>>
Sell your soul to Satan.
https://youtu.be/IqvvOD4bdRs
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.