[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: PRODUCT1200X1200.jpg (41 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
PRODUCT1200X1200.jpg
41 KB, 1200x1200
what went wrong?
>>
nothing
what are you talking about
>>
>>64788709
nothing?
they are all washed up hasbeens already
william wright is begging for a new job on twitter everyday
its over
>>
>>64788747
>posts sophie
>refers to pc music (?)
>william wright
again what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>64788804
same thing lad
>>
>>64788816
ok well what about that charli xcx
not good enough for ya?
>>
>>64788923
not him, but all music is above charli xcx's drivel
>>
>>64788975
fuck you sucker
>>
PC music as a whole is what went wrong. It is just so bland. so horrible, and its pop music wrapped up and packaged for insufferable hipsters who can't listen to top 40 much like Grimes.
Fuck Sophie and fuck PC Music
>>
File: 1456048159628.png (314 KB, 844x437) Image search: [Google]
1456048159628.png
314 KB, 844x437
>>64789635
thank you
>>
>>64789635
What the fuck is PC Music? What songs of theirs do people who like them like? All I know is that Carly's gonna work with them and I'm worried.
>>
File: hannah_diamond_full_screen_bg.jpg (955 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
hannah_diamond_full_screen_bg.jpg
955 KB, 2560x1440
>>64789723
think everything you associate with early 2000's pop garbage, that is pc music
>>
Edgy pc music haters posting a big game in this thread

Catchiest shit made today baby
>>
>>64789635
Says the guy who has OASIS and the newest Radiohead rated as a 10/10...
PC Music is good because it's original pop music, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
I listen because it's interesting but it's also kinda dumb lol
>>
>>64789635
>its pop music wrapped up and packaged for insufferable hipsters who can't listen to top 40

are you talking about radiohead?
>>
>>64789635
Pretty fucking true actually.
I'm glad PC music is destined to die, it's an invasion of experimentation by making normal pop music but saying it's "ironic" or some stupid shit so it's ok.
>>
PC music would've never worked evacuee the only thing it has going for it is style over substance. When your genre is based on the idea of having every song sound like a shitty Aqua B-side, then it's destined to fail.
>>
>>64789765
GFOTY was insufferable and Sophie's shtick was annoying, but don't you be mean to the beautiful princess thati s Hannah Diamond
>>
>>64789833
>Who likes OASIS

Hey, Oasis is fucking nostalgic for me. Oasis is also pretty great Britpop and they at least have a fucking personality unlike Sophie.
PC music is not original pop music, its designed to SOUND like modern day pop music boiled down to its basic bubblegum components and mixed with cutesy shit. It is annoying and it is pure trash.
>>
>>64789790
Care to examplify?
>>
>>64789879
but i liked Sophie...
>>
>>64789869
Spoken like someone who hasn't heard any PC Music.
Go check out Wannabe by Lipgloss Twins or the whole Radio Tank Mix by A G Cook, because what you are describing sounds nothing like those.

>>64789953
Oasis is generic britpop with no personality, they were just doing whatever hundreds of other bands were doing at the time, unlike PC Music which is a collective of a handful of musicians with a very unique sound.
Sophie developed a whole new sound out of pop music, that's literally having a musical personality. Again, you don't have to like them, but just because you don't doesn't mean it's bad.
What PC Music have you listened to exactly?
Because there is a lot more to the genre than just "modern day pop" mixed with "cute shit". For example, Wannabe by Lipgloss Twins or Radio Tank Mix by A G Cook
>>
File: QT.jpg (155 KB, 760x564) Image search: [Google]
QT.jpg
155 KB, 760x564
>>64789971
>>
>>64790056
>Oasis is generic Britpop with no personality

HOL UP
HOL UP

So you are telling me that Liam Gallagher has no personality? Or Noel Gallagher has no personality? Holy shit, it's like you don't even realize that they defined a decade of music in England and still today get attention over there and it's not because they are bland rock music-it's because they were so brash and so "lower class".
Also, Oasis managed to stick out of a pretty huge genre at the time and mind you become the best selling indie rock band of all time (they are technically indie because they were signed on with Creation).

>PC music which is a handful of musicians with a unique sound

There is nothing unique about PC music. As I said, it is literally just boiled down pop music/pop music exaggerated.
>>
File: sophiecoverart.gif (670 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
sophiecoverart.gif
670 KB, 1024x1024
>>64788693

keeping get higher and unisil as bonus tracks when in fact they're both better than MSMMM and LOVE.

Not including, burn rubber, dry, coral reef, or any of the other awesome unreleased tracks.

seriously burn rubber is an absolute banger, I saw sophie in seattle a couple months ago, it was really fucking awesome.
>>
>>64790151
Are we talking about music or people here? Because if it's the former, Oasis is generic, and therefore, a band devoid of (musical) personality. I don't care about artists gossip.

Who cares if they were indie and sold the most ever? That doesn't make their music any good (ad populum)

The fact that you think it's boiled down pop music means you haven't listened to almost any of it. Did you listen to Wannabe like I told you? It are going to keep pretending you know what you are taking about?
>>
>>64790384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXDzRhZ96ag
pc music is garbage
>>
>>64790056
Just listened to one of the songs you mentioned and it was mediocre self indulgent pop. why are you trying to make something better than it actually is?
>>
I never thought I would agree with AMG but seriously fuck Montie and fuck everyone who thinks AMSP is incredible art, but can't handle shit like Sophie's "Bipp".
>>
>>64790566
what are those acronyms, who is AMG and what is AMSP
>>
>>64790566
rh and sophie both suck faggot

this is how you make pop music https://soundcloud.com/eande/as-long-as-you-love-me-e-e
>>
>>64790620
Wrong, this is how you make pop music: https://m.soundcloud.com/hyperdub/jessy-lanza-vv-violence-radio-edit
>>
>>64790665
>hyperdub
nah
>>
>>64790510
Was it Wannabe? Because it's barely pop, so you are probably lying right now.
I don't claim pc music is the best thing ever, just that it's an original take on pop music, whether you like it or not.

>>64790566
Yeah, double standards at its finest.

>>64790620
Sophie is original at least.
>>
>>64790698
original?lmao nah maybe in the slightest context you're delsuional mind can come up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz19YZT-etA
oh sammie boy just decided to combine his love with pet shops with capsule
hardly original but sure m8
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.