[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all admit he was kind of horrible douchebag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: john-lennon-peace.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
john-lennon-peace.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
Can we all admit he was kind of horrible douchebag?
>>
>>64784300
He was definitely a piece of shit human being desu
>>
Jon Lemon was so terrible, he sucky-sucky!
>>
>>64784300
>kind of
>>
he was a troubled man
>>
Can we all separate the art from the artist?
>>
>>64784357
Look at Mr. Grammar Police over here. I bet you graduated at the top of your class at grammar university you fucking prick. I bet you literally eat vocab books for breakfast you fucking bastard. I bet you patrol various comment sections to correct grammar misusings and bad spelling every single fucking day.

Please please fucked asshole.
>>
>>64784464
Are you baiting or have you completely missed the point of that post?
>>
>>64784464
heh
>>
>>64784497
Sorry I sorta went on a blind rage and type that

Sorry
>>
>>64784522
>sorta
>>
File: john-lennon-06.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
john-lennon-06.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
Why do dirty hippies act like John Lennon was a saint?

He physically abused both his wives, emotionally abused his son, was openly homophobic and antisemetic, was controlling and misogynist, he literally made yoko ono write a list of all the men she’d been with and shamed her for it, was openly racist, wrote a song called “woman is the n-word of the world” (except actually used the slur) and never actually did any activist work, just posed with whatever groups and signs were counter-culture for the media, stated that the idea of disabled people touching him made him sick, used to pretend to be intellectually disabled on stage as a joke, and probably tons more shit that was never documented

Stop worshipping john lennon. The Beatles are mediocre and he was a horrifying human being
>>
he certainly was human

I think it does make him feel less like an artist that he didn't acknowledge his own shiftiness in his art much apart from Getting Better (or maybe he did, I don't know his solo albums that well apart from the more popular songs, if he did, he obviously wasn't very successful at it)

his books are probably my favourite thing he ever did - he was never really that clever and mischievous and experimental in his music
>>
>>64784464
woah this wasn't pasta.
heh
>>
File: l77Y7xA.gif (510 KB, 346x367) Image search: [Google]
l77Y7xA.gif
510 KB, 346x367
>>64784464
you do realize the point of that post wasnt to point out a gramatical error, as there is nothing wrong with 'kind of', but to say that lennon was more than just 'kind of' an asshole, right?
>>
>>64784464
Can we all admit OP is kind of a horrible douchebag?
>>
>>64784923
Look at Mr. Anime Poster over here. Real fucking comedian! Real fucking genius! Like pointing out problems huh! How about you shut your fucking mouth and mind you goddarn business.

Now go get fucked
>>
>>64784592
>openly homophobic and antisemitic
source?
>>
>>64784592
>wrote a song called “woman is the n-word of the world” (except actually used the slur)
this is my favorite part of this pasta
>>
File: s7PxyY0.png (383 KB, 521x437) Image search: [Google]
s7PxyY0.png
383 KB, 521x437
>>64784986
i giggled
>>
John Lennon comedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zDtRLLyAuQ
>>
>>64785245
>implying it isn't hilarious to mock the disabled while hoards of teenage girls shriek their approval
>>
>>64785245
making fun of retards is always funny
>>
>>64784300
>>64785245
>>64784592

It isn't very shocking that John was going to be Gollum in The Beatles' Lord of The Rings. I feel as if George and Paul were the two geniuses but John was a total mad man and helped make things interesting. Oh and Ringo was just along for the ride.

I feel like John's solo work isn't very impressive. Essentially he jumped on whatever bandwagon was "hip" at the time. He wasn't a legend, he just got shot and it was random. I guess you could say it was... Instant Karma!
>>
>>64784300
He was just an ordinary man, put on a pedestal and trying to make the best of it after the band broke up.
>>
Most musicians are douchebags. Everyone expects them to be perfect because their talented but when exposed to the spotlight 24/7 it turns out they're not the perfect person fans want them to be.
>>
File: bloodpiece.jpg (65 KB, 1009x1028) Image search: [Google]
bloodpiece.jpg
65 KB, 1009x1028
he had good taste in women, though, Yoko was an awesome artist and a very interesting person

too bad he also fucked up Yoko's reputation with large audiences
>>
No, he was a great guy actually.
>>
>>64784522
>>64784542

OP this is not your day.
>>
>>64784300
Don't know shit about John Lenin. What's so horrible about him?
>>
>>64785726
read this
all true
>>64784592
>>
>>64785767
I wasn't asking for bait pasta but thanks anyway.
>>
I guess I like listening to music more than I like being self righteous. Not listening to his stuff isn't going to change anything, it's all in the past and he's already dead. Maybe if he killed someone I would feel differently but I don't really care about his personality traits or something.
>>
>>64784300
Can we all admit he was a madman?
>>
>>64784592

I don't know if this is pasta, but Woman is the N- of the world is a activist song to rehabilitate women in society.

Source : I just listened to it to see if this was true, when reading this reply.

I'd love the song if the lyrics weren't stupid. There's a sick trumpet, a sick guitar solo.
>>
>>64784592
>>64785958
>censoring the word Nigger

This is 4chan guys, it's ok to use a naughty word.
>>
File: YokoOno_OpenBox.jpg (27 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
YokoOno_OpenBox.jpg
27 KB, 352x352
>>64785545
mah nig
>>
>>64786005

Well I thought John Lennon was censoring the word nigger because of the pasta but i've looked wiki and he isn't so... nigger.
>>
>>64784592

source ? wikileaks ? your mom ?
>>
>>64785545
>Yoko was an awesome artist and a very interesting person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68
>>
File: yoko_ono_scream.gif (7 KB, 378x274) Image search: [Google]
yoko_ono_scream.gif
7 KB, 378x274
>>64786177
>>
He spoke out against his raging jealousy in both Jealous Guy and Getting Better. Revealed it and condemned himself for it in an interview. He was only abusive as a young laddeh in Liverpool. His music in the Beatles was better than George's or Paul's. Although most of his solo career was shit, at least Plastic Solo Band was a great album.
>>
>>64786177
reminds me of Meredith Monk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8r4eHM8Zlk

she's more of a conceptual artist than a musician so I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove
>>
<This thread is for people with high corporate ambitions.
>>
>>64785882
absolutely
>>
Had a big penis, confirmed. Gook wife... Can't have small penis. The contradictions of life... Big... Like john lennon's penis. Not small, like all of 4chan. . Smallpenischan4.
>>
>>64786777
nice trips yoko
>>
>>64786806
Dammiiiii!!!!!
>>
>>64786777
My penis is like 6inches when erect on a good day.

But it's three inches when flaccid :(
>>
>>64786868
Nice terpse, john. Ihihihi...
>>
>>64784300
Personally I dont make any pretentions to give a fuck about whether or not he beat cynthia lennon. I dont know if that makes me a bad person but im not gonna pretend like his music hasnt affected me so much that I really dont care. I guess I can see why people care though, but I encourage people not to pretend like they care, because thats just dumb tbqh
>>
>>64785245
What a garbage human being. Literally everything wrong with society nowadays.
>>
To be honest, John being an arsehole doesn't affect what I think of his music (except maybe a lyric here and there), but it does annoy me that he's held to such a high level as an activist and as a good person, when he was really an egotistical bastard for most of his career at least.
>>
>>64784464
I bet he watches Sherlock and walks around his NEET cave with his head titled back making Cumberbatch eyes and talking to his Mother about "the logical option"
>>
File: 1448181606439.jpg (135 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1448181606439.jpg
135 KB, 540x720
>>64785245
>the comments defending him
>>
>>64788121
I laughed
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.