[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
King Kendrick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Best rapper of all time? Discuss.

>inb4 "omg metal>rap"
>>
>>64784259
That's a tough one, but he probably is the greatest of all time. If his next album lives up to the quality of TPAB and GKMC, there will no longer be any question.
>>
you can't be GOAT if you only have 3 albums
>>
>>64784335
Biggie
>>
>>64784332
That's what I've been thinking. But TPAB was probably the best rap album of all time, and making the best twice in a row sounds illogical
>>
I love Kendrick but I really don't want a collabo with J Cole.

J Cole sounds like he has marbles in his mouth when he raps... slapping his lips together and making what sounds like spit noises. I just hate him.

Solo projects only that's the key for Kendrick.
>>
>>64784384
Woah, friend. TPAB was a really great hip-hop album, but saying that it's the best of all time is just a little too far.
Bait?
>>
no, that's andre 3000. he's not even the best modern rapper, because that's Danny Brown. XXX>any kendrick album ever
>>
>>64784384
People were saying the same thing after GKMC. I know I was desu
>>
>>64784537
>TAKE IT OFF BABY BEND OVER LET ME SEE IT

yeah man I thought that was cool freshman year too..

jokes aside XXX is pretty good and a great debut (I think) for Danny but it doesn't hold a candle to anything Kenny's done desu
>>
GKMC>TPAB>[spoiler] untitled unmastered [/spoiler] > Section .80
>>
Viper, Moonman, 3-Pac, and Yung Lean are the GOAT.
>>
>>64784682
>cont

Danny's integrity is something, too. Man was born a punk and he couldn't sold out and starting wearing baggy jeans to be in 50's crew but he stayed true to himself. But I still think Kendrick is miles better.
>>
>>64784682
>THIS DICK AIN'T FREE
>I WANT YOU TO RECONIZE THAT I'M A PROUD MONKEY
like I'm not even shitting on GKMC, the album is amazing but XXX is the most interesting thing coming out of hip-hop in a long time. Danny's rhyme schemes, flow changes, beats and topics are so fucking amazing throughout the album.
>>
Duckworth is overrated trash
>>
>>64784259
Chuck D is the greatest rapper of all time.

Anyway, metal only came up in that other thread because retarded r/hhh kids tried to pretend that metal was shit genre while rap was great.
>>
omg metal > rap
>>
I think he's on course to being widely accepted as the best rapper of all time by the time his careers over but since he's made a career out of constant reinvention of himself it will be near impossible to do it again and do it well on his next album.
>>
>>64784931
Dad get off 4chan
>>
>>64784796
Not the anon you replied to, but I don't understand why people pick these lyrics as bad examples of Kendrick's lyrics. I mean the first is obviously supposed to sound cocky and funny and the second one is ironic considering the context of the song.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.