[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Picture of a goat edition. only use clyp.it if you want to share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 179x143) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 179x143
Picture of a goat edition.

only use clyp.it if you want to share sounds with us

other thread is cancerous and nearly full

!!!NO SOUNDCLOUD LINKS!!!
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (64 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
64 KB, 1180x842
1th for making powerful, masculine music for winners!
>>
File: trumptrain.gif (1 MB, 680x849) Image search: [Google]
trumptrain.gif
1 MB, 680x849
>>64782354
>>64782539
We're off to a great start, just like we're off to a great America
>>
>>64782539
>1th

>average trump supporter
>>
>>64782636
why do liberals hate fun and humor so much?
>>
>>64782636
>>64782657
this is /prod/ please fuck
>>
>>64782657
who ever said i was a liberal?
>>
File: 1th.jpg (467 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1th.jpg
467 KB, 2000x1000
>>64782539
>1th
>>
>>64782778
>>64782657
>>64782636
>>64782539

>>>/pol/
>>
>>64782837
it's election season calm down
>>
>>64782887
????????
fuck off dude
>>
>>64782887
'cuse me is this the election season general
>>
>>64782657
why do trump fangirls mistake their shit content for being fun or humourous?
>>64782887
unless they're electing a producer that doesnt matter in this thread
>>
https://clyp.it/khpvhx1t
rate my beat f a m
>>
https://clyp.it/e3x2xwtg

hey this is a song i wrote and produced

i've only been doing this for like a couple of months so any feedback is appreciated. i feel like the mixing needs work, but that might just be me. also clyp.it is garbage and gimped the quality so just imagine it sounds better
>>
File: a.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>64782945
dam soundcloud kid do u ever get off /prod/?

are u a CIA agent or some shit nigga?
>>
>>64782994
i just got home you autist
>>
>>64782945
triggered nu-male detected
>>
>>64782956
the background sample is a bit odd and the snare comes in a weird timing but i like the feel and the mix is good
>>
>>64783020
is that a double decker memewich?! #rare
>>
>>64783015
yeah ok sc kid

you're either a 350 lb autist neckbeard or CIA
>>
>>64783026
literally made it on macbook speakers u mirin?

odd in a good or bad way?

snare weird timing - is that bad or good

thx for listening f a m
>>
>>64783056
why does everybody who tries to argue with me think they're an internet psychic? none of you are ever right when you say things like this lol
>>
>>64783082
oh yeah, the sample is kinda weird but i could get used to it, its just kind of jarring. and yea on some measures the snare feels really off (no other drums to tell you where its gonna land) but that's more a creative choice than like an objective issue
>>
>>64783126
gotcha
cool
neat
appreciate it
its meant to be rapped over
if u have a track ill listen
>>
Just had a presentation today about a mobile app i did the sounds on for the Navy. Feels good to do something.

How's our days? /prod/uctive? anybody got anything they want checked out?

>>64782991
>https://clyp.it/e3x2xwtg
not my style i'm afraid so critique will be mainly on the mix.

not keen on the kick drum. the bass almost seems to be shaking? like it's got parkinsons so not in a good way. The synth doing the chords could do with having some low end cut out of the reverbs, also brought down in volume. It's pretty good for a couple of months worth of experience though.

High pass more instruments, only your main bass instruments should produce any bass, keeps the mix less cluttered.

pan your sounds a lot more. the droplet style synth panned hard right is nice. I would maybe turn the dry down on the reverb and allow more of the wet. would sound cool.

it's good for a beginner though
>>
>>64783082
also sorry for samefagging, but now that i listened to it again, a lot of the hi-hats are really quiet for some reason, maybe your speakers chopped off the high frequencies a bit
>>
>>64782991
>clyp.it is garbage and gimped the quality
is this even true? its a new website BTW give it time
>>
>>64783096
why are you always so concerned what other people think of you?

don't play that "I'm an internet badass and I don't care what you think"

because you spend entire threads whining about it
>>
>>64783181
>>64783181
yeah its definitely my speakers haha
"""speakers"""

>>64783203
yo can u fags leave this thread or stop responding to each other this argument is literally about nothing
>>
>>64783203
we've established already that i do this for fun, but please keep trying to rationalize how it is really you who is telling me what's up lol that's what keeps this whole thing consistently amusing
>>64783248
like i keep telling everyone, they just dont have the willpower not to respond to every post i make
>>
>>64783273
>everyone but me is the problem
>I totally have the willpower to stop responding
>>
>>64783203
>"I'm an internet badass and I don't care what you think"
... or maybe i'm a normal person and that's why i don't fare what you think?
>>64783299
they're clearly mad as hell that i do this and yet they just can't bring themselves to stop, tell me how i'm wrong lol
>>
here's a track I made 12-13 years ago. I wanted to give it a bit more oomph and clean things up a bit when everything kicks in at ~2:55 but I only have the stereo file. Any tips?

https://clyp.it/2usb0hji
>>
>>64783376
>https://clyp.it/2usb0hji
i kinda like it, makes me think of ape escape dude. At least the lead synth does.

all i could suggest is maybe automating in an EQ at that point. being very very subtle with it, or a multi-pressor.
>>
>>64783326
because you're clearly mad as hell, and can't bring yourself to stop
>>
>>64783463
>NO U R!!!!
oh internet-psychic mouth-breathing torch-mob, you're the best
>>
>>64783326
>>64783463
Here, I'll settle your argument: you're both mad little manbabies. Both of you are equally triggered. Now fuck off
>>
how can we forcefully remove sc kid from our thread

he literally ruins every single one, at least to his best ability

we need an anti sc kid janitor
>>
>>64783493
congrats bro
you did it
saved the thread
outstanding vigilance
super cordiality
large and in charge
>>
>>64783491
>said the mouth-breathing torch-mobbing internet psychic
>>
i've come to /prod/ after a long day of work and presentations. I want to chat about audio things whilst doing some other work and all i get is two turbo faggots whining and calling eachother "mad". easy up guys, it's /prod/

just post some clyps, review and help other peoples. let's not be twats.
>>
>>64783535
it's literally a two step process
>don't post shit /pol/ memes
>don't respond to every post i make about shitty /pol/ memes like crackheads looking for a fix
>>64783542
>NO U R!!!! AGEN!!!!!
truly biting and insightful commentary on the state of our community
>>
>>64783592
It's actually just a one step process if you're the SC kid
>don't post about non-/prod/ things
>>
File: fuck your bad vibes bro.gif (99 KB, 425x301) Image search: [Google]
fuck your bad vibes bro.gif
99 KB, 425x301
>mfw NastyDLA and Voxengo Boogex on every channel.
https://clyp.it/0rhmfil2
For real though, what do you think? Techno track I started a few hours ago.
>>
>>64783550
i'm willing to let it go at any minute but they just keep pulling me back in with another delightfully retarded and indignant screed

they try to act like they're above it but wouldn't they just stop if they were? i've already said i do this for fun, what the fuck are the rest of you doing this for?
>>
>>64783540
>cordiality
Don't use words if you don't know what they mean. It makes you look stupid.
>>
>>64782956
gonna need more feedback on this, got buried by autism, thx
>>
>>64783654
that's what i try to tell /pol/ but they won't have any of it
>>
>>64783672
but you warmed my heart with your firm yet friendly authority, you're clearly the solution to this whole problem, champ!
>>
>>64783699
>don't post about non-/prod/ things
>>
welp this thread is ruined
>>
>>64783739
>further demonstrating you STILL don't know what cordiality means in a desperate attempt to save face
Just stop, please.
>>
>>64783766
yeah, cause all of these /pol/ people can't stop replying to me

why can't they ever stay on topic
>>
>>64783766
there's always time to turn around, you just have to stop trying so hard to get the last word in

yes, that's right i said stop trying to get the last word in, not greentext something about it's really just me trying to get the last word in by saying that. just stop if you care about ending this so much lol it's retardedly fucking simple
>>64783752
that's the spirit, now just tell /pol/ this when they start up and things won't have to reach this level!
>>64783844
your me impression is shit
>>64783837
nah, i'm alright
>>
>>64783837
ahh, the classic
>you don't know what my definitions of words are
>I need to spend 15 posts arguing about it
>but you're all the shitposters in MY /prod/
>>
>>64783893
i dont think that guy actually knows what cordial means lol he probably should have before trying to tell me that i dont
>>
>>64783870
>your me impression is shit
actually it's spot on

>that's the spirit
I'm talking to you and only you
cut it out, or at least quit acting like you're not the only problem here
>>
>>64783930
>actually it's spot on
lol i'm sure you think it is
>>64783930
you really dont get how posts like these motivate me? how you can all just stop at any fucking moment but just refuse to?
>N-NO U R TEH ONE DOING THAT
because, once again, this amuses me. you're the ones who sound like you're getting ulcers trying to get me out of here instead of just not engaging. how do you feel so compelled to argue with somebody who keeps saying"just stop responding if you want this to end"?
>>
>>64783986
lmao, look at how mad this kid is getting
>>
>>64784012
and we're down to the UMAD? game already, you guys hit the bottom of the barrel pretty fast today
>>64782936
>>64782912
>>64782887
>>64782837
>>64782815
>>64782778
>>64782692
>>64782657
>>64782636
>>64782578
>>64782539
>>64782354
also just a reminder that this is the "quality thread" we were having before i showed up, so maybe stop trying to say i ruined anything
>>
>>64784050
well, you are pretty mad
I'm just havin a laff now
>>
>>64782956
Bass is way too loud and I don't like your snare too much. The breathy stuff is cool I guess.
>>64782991
Pretty interesting I guess, but I'm not all on board with the reverb. Not so much the amount, but the particular reverb sound. And there's parts that are all jittery, like you've got some really quick tremolo or an annoyingly hard and fast compressor setting and it grates on my nerves.
>>64783376
Honestly, those two synth chords you keep repeating are driving me nuts and I can't focus on anything else.
>>
>>64783431
Cheers m8, I'll give it a try.

>>64783376
I'll post a couple more in this thread as I'm just going through my archive. again over a decade old so I only have the stereo files.

https://clyp.it/12cce52j
from about 1/3 of the way in the samples are battling each, they occupy pretty much the same freq range too. guessing there's not a lot I can do about that? (lower one without losing the other through eqing)

https://clyp.it/kdushl1x
same here at ~1:45

https://clyp.it/hpancrzx
tips on cleaning up the noisy samples all the way through?particularly from 2:17 to the end.

I think a lot of this stuff is beyond saving, especially since about 150 tracks only have mp3s as source. I'm probably looking for magical plugins that don't exist.
>>
>>64784170
>WHEN U R NOT MAD U JUST LEAV AND SAY NUTHING DATS DA RULEZ OF MADDD, N IF U SAY SOMETINGS ITS CUZ UR R ACSHULLY MAD!!!!
repeating it over and over again won't make it true lol
>>
>>64784246
no worries dude

do you use spear? sounds like it?
>>
So the full Wavedrum doesn't have that clip for your foot, right? What's a good way to get some foot action going?
>>
>>64784262
well it's true anyways
you don't have to tell me it's not, because we all know you cant help yourself from replying this hard
>>
>>64784377
i find this amusing because there's a lot of differnt stupid things that get said and it's fun to counter all of them, how is it fun for you to just repeated;y go NUH UH U *R* MADD XDD?

it's such a one-note bit
>>
>>64784284
>https://clyp.it/12cce52j
This will have been 2000-2004 I think so I was using fruityloops. I remember my computer being a nightmare and having to bounce down tracks a lot while I was still working on them, leading to some awful mixes.
>>
>>64784420
I just like watching your super angry reactions when I point out how mad you are.
>>
>>64784439
SPEAR isn't a DAW, it's an audio processor and analyser that can stretch infinitely without negative artefacts due to the fact that instead of loading the audio file you put into it, it analyses it and recreates it by rebuilding the frequencies that make the sound. That let's you do whatever the fuck you want with it. Fair enough using FL, just some sounds sounded like they were made using SPEAR. you should check it out. it's freeware
>>
>>64784492

Oh shit, sounds great! I'll definitely check it out. I'm trying to work without a computer these days but this sounds like it might be perfect for making sounds for my octatrack beforehand.
>>
>>64784492
cant find anything about it on google sounds neat
>>
>>64784484
man, it's like you couldn't even change it up if you wanted to. you hold on tight to that delusional belief that i'm mad, you clearly need it pretty badly for some odd reason lol
>>
>>64784553
yeah do it dude, i downloaded it in the first year of uni, was a great tool. I'm just building up my field recording gear now for work related stuff, and also some old tube compressors. ebay is my stomping ground these days

>>64784567
http://www.klingbeil.com/spear/

there.
>>
>>64784568
I don't feel like changing it up. I can just sit back and watch the mad (you)s roll in no matter what I say
>>
>>64784609
>ebay is my stomping ground these days

Tell me about it.

>I'm just building up my field recording gear now for work related stuff

Nice. I'm using 1/4" tape loops in my live shows and am trying to get in to the habit of going out before each show and doing field recordings, transferring them to the tapes and using them as the basis of the tracks in ocatrack pickup machines.

What sort of work do you do? I'm a tech for electronic music acts which is fun but I don't get do anything creative at all and I've been doing it for nearly 10 years now. I really need a change.
>>
>>64784683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy7lLQwToI

this one is for u bb
>>
>>64784755
>he's posting youtube links now
Look how mad he is, lol
>>
>>64784769
yeah, we all know how angry people love their youtube videos... or something. you should try using your nostrils to store tiny snacks or spare change since you clearly haven't breathed through them in years
>>
>>64784864
that would severely impact my ability to pick boogies and laugh through my nose at your anger
>>
>>64784609
thanks. only exports as .sdif? why?
>>
>>64784748
tape loops? nice, a guy i know just had a friend die who had some nice old reel to reel gear, a FUCKING SOUNDFIELD MICROPHONE and some other mostly outdated 90s shit that's too old to be good but too new to be sought after.

Well i'm just graduating finally, however currently one of my two jobs is working for a small music company so i do a fair bit of recording and mixing for them which is basically getting paid £20 an hour for doing what i'd be doing at home anyway. I focus on sound design/Foley for tv/movies in my degree alongside studio work so i'm starting up an audio company with a friend who's a great coder (i can to an extent but fucking hate it) to apply for audio work for indie development teams. So i need to start building up a much larger hardware collection that i currently have.

Presented my audio elements to the navy for an educational application i helped make for them. easy work.

What kind of electronic music acts? an old lecturer of mine was a microsound artist.

sounds like a lame horse but have you looked into education? a lot of colleges/universities that offer audio courses need technicians
>>
>>64784891
>laugh through my nose at your anger
but that's impossible, you're displaying all the symptoms of mouthbreatheritis. it could even be terminal, i've never seen it in such an advanced stage.
>>
>>64784901
weird

you shouldn't load an audio sample in by clicking "import"

go to:

>sound
>analyse
>load your sample through there.

Then to export it go:
>Sound
>synthesise to new file
go from there
>>
>>64784951
uh oh, the internet psychologist is out to project himself unto others
>>
>>64784977
>>64784901
FYI, works better on MacOSX
shouldn't be an issue on windows, just better stability on mac
>>
>>64784977
yay, that worked. i love this program. now I know what I'm doing tonight.

any other cool synthesis programs or any kind you know of? if you wouldn't mind sharing?
>>
>>64784978
>psychologist
mouthbreatheritis is a physiological illness caused by closing of the nasal passage and mild erosion of the frontal lobes, it's nothing a psychologist could help with
>>
>>64785089
well it's a good thing I keep my nose clear for laughing at your anger
>>
>>64785076
followup THIS IS AMAZING TYSM AHHHHH ITS BEAUTIFUL
>>
>>64785076
good to hear man
not off the top of my head, however there's a couple of plug-ins that are pretty good.
these are published but not made by smartelectronix:

Crazy Ivan: be careful this can fuck your speakers with too much feedback but can create some awesome sounds (including some i used in my dissertation)

supatrigga: it's like an automatic glitchplugin.

also look at "fracture" by glitchmachines

http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=7 (guy who did this also made a dosbox version for some reason)

http://glitchmachines.com/downloads/fracture/ (great for robotic glitch noises)
>>
>>64784929
Damn, grab that soundfield somehow.

Definitely stick at working in a studio environment of possible, it shits all over touring work for job satisfaction in the long term imo.

I've worked for medium to large acts ranging from people like The Prodigy to Leftfield to Roots Manuva and the like. Occasionally pop stuff like Spandau Ballet comes along too but that's glorified keyboard teching.

The travelling is fun even if you don't get a lot of time to explore unless you're in a different continent for an extended tour. You end up doing shit like flying to Shanghai for 18 hours then back again. It's not good for your neck.

Currently touring with German techno bods Booka Shade. Been with them on and off for nearly 7 years. They're nice guys.
>>
>>64785351
very very nice. friend of mine did some sound work for ELO when they played nearby.

I am looking at getting it off of him, he seems to think that it's worth a lot. which yes, when it was made it was around £5000. however i contacted the company and they said it's worth whatever people will pay for it since there's literally NO market for it whatsoever. i know i'm undercutting him but i may just offer him £400 and see what he says. it's beautiful. multi pattern, tube, 4 capsules
>>
>>64785322
thank you dr. anon!!!
i'm tempted to ask you for a throw away email haha
>>
>>64785477
i'll make one now
>>
>>64785589
ok great. i'm not a music major but have studied with some great people. from what i understand its a pretty small world so maybe we know some of the same people.
>>
>>64785589
>>64785477
>>64785688

i'm having an issue making one, do you have one?

yes very possible
>>
>>64785719
[email protected]
>>
>>64785787
>[email protected]
sweet, i'm going to bed now since i have to be up in a few hours, i'll email you tomorrow dude.

have a good day/night
>>
>>64785408
£400 is a perfectly reasonable opening offer considering you're buying equipment with a potentially short useful life, he'll be right to talk you up a bit though! Like you say market dictates value.

I was talking to a friend in lighting who was telling me his business partner has made about £60k in old theatre lights he got from skips. The theatres were chucking them out when they upgraded and he nabbed them before they sat in a lockup for over a decade. Fast forward to now and they're incredibly fashionable to put in people's homes on a tripod so he's made a mint.
>>
>>64785900
okay cool, thanks. Yeah i felt that £400 was a good starting point, i wouldn't mind going up to 600 but i can't go too high, i need a new machine first.
>>
>>64785899
good night
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.