[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see a lot of hip hop here etc.., but anyone on /mu/ into grime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Skeppo.jpg (25 KB, 1445x959) Image search: [Google]
Skeppo.jpg
25 KB, 1445x959
I see a lot of hip hop here etc.., but anyone on /mu/ into grime? Is it a UK only thing?

> Pic related, listening to Skepta right now
>>
File: Drizzy-bwoy.png (113 KB, 1244x319) Image search: [Google]
Drizzy-bwoy.png
113 KB, 1244x319
>>
Konnichiwa was a seriously good album; lived up to its hype and singles
>>
>>64781758

Yah. never really been into grime before but giving Konnichiwa a go and really enjoying it

Any recommendations?
>>
>>64781758
I just wish we hadn't heard so many of the tracks before.

If 90% of the album was first time listens I would've liked it so more.

Still a great album though. Exactly what grime needed.
>>
grime is hip-hop tho ??? its just british people rapping instead of americans
>>
>>64781790
Dizzee Rascal's Boy In Da Corner if you haven't already.

Classic grime album.

As this is a grime thread a bunch of hardcore grime fans are gonna come in and recommend you a bunch of old radio sets, but in my opinion they're hard to get into unless you grew up in that culture. I really don't find them interesting or good at all.
>>
>>64781649
> Wagwan

When I first heard my roomate use this word I thought he was speaking another language. Fucking londoners.
>>
I’m not really into listening to mumbling niggers
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdKGGTNLnpg

Lel Cadell sent for Stormzy.

I honestly think Cadell is god awful, I believe he only gets hype because he's Wiley's little brother. But he's a terrible rapper. He goes off beat, he forces rhymes, he forces syllables, he has a stupid voice, and his beat selection is awful.
>>
>>64781818
they have special snowflake syndrome and want it to be its own genre
>>
File: 1455810202382.jpg (285 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455810202382.jpg
285 KB, 1024x1024
here u go the best grime AOTY
>>
>>64781818
>>64781863
Sounds very similar to hip-hop and it's definitely not completely separate, especially nowadays.

But it wasn't derived from hip-hop. It just became more like it over time.
>>
>>64781834
Aah shit, I know a few tracks off Boy In Da Corner, should give it a proper listen.
>>
>>64781818
>>64781893

Yeah, it's a bit different. Has its similarities but compare it to American hip-hop tracks its pretty different. It's like British punk to American Grunge. Surface similarities but different at its core and to anyone who properly listens.
>>
Azaelia Banks said grime was terrible today so I automatically agree with her because she is queen and she #slays
>>
i am from england and continue to live here as we speak and i can say objectively that i have never listened to grime so i think we can safely say that it does not exist.
>>
>>64781963
she said uk hip hop was terrible. thats not the same thing.
>>
>>64781854
it is
>>
>>64781818
G-Funk, Boom Bap, Trap, Drill, etc are all hip-hop. That doesn't mean they're not recognisable styles that are associated with different cities.
>>
>>64783392
She thinks they're the same thing it's quite evident if you look at her tweets.
>>
>>64783471
senpai wagwan bruv senpai
>>
>>64781963
>Rick Ross, Gucci Mane, A Tribe Called Quest, Busta, Wayne, Thugger

Another thing all these legendary rappers have in common is that they're not women.
>>
>>64783546
probably cuz shes an ignorant american desu
>>
>>64783653
fuck when did I miss f a m = senpai
>>
>Mowgli, Ocean Wisdom, Jehst
>Listen to Skepta
The pleb levels are off the charts.
>>
>>64783962
100 fucking points for Jehst
Return of the Drifter is still one of the best hip hop LP's ive ever heard let alone British hip hop. British Illmatic for sure
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.