[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /mu/ better or worse than it used to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: mu.png (180 KB, 800x1433) Image search: [Google]
mu.png
180 KB, 800x1433
Is /mu/ better or worse than it used to be?
>>
I feel really bad for the guy in this cartoon

like he needs a hug or something
>>
>>64777894
it only gets worse
too much /pol/ shit
more entire genre dismissal then there used to be
yeah
>>
>>64777894
no

t.newfag
>>
>>64777894
It's pretty much the same. In the annoying sea of shit and memes you constantly find diamonds that keep you coming back.

I'm here since early 2009 so I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>64777894
Much worse

>>64777936
Yeah seriously
I'm glad when I first came to /mu/ it was nice for a few years
Wait shit I just realized I've been here since 2009 oh my god what am I doing
>>
>Lazare
holy shit I remember that
>>
>>64777894
way better. for some reason a lot of people thought those tripfaggots had some kind of authority when they were around and every thread they posted in would go to shit. some of them were funny at times like CLT or Hampus but they derailed from the topics and incited a lot of shitposting. even more than now
>>
>>64778077
Yep, when it comes to cancerous tripfaggotry it's nowhere as bad now as it was around 2010.
>>
>>64777996
08'er here, I was so happy once

I came here at 18, now I'm 26

I've wasted 8 years here.

...and wasn't it a long way down?
>>
>>64777894
it's full of underage faggots who like Kanye.
>>
the general taste of the board is much worse, any one who thinks otherwise just didn't post back then.
>>
>>64778152
post ur taste
>>
>>64778146
you must have not been here when mbdtf was released. /mu/(in general) has liked kanye for a long time
>>
>>64777894
It's much worse.

I used to hate the trip culture of /mu/ from 2011-2013 but honestly the board was much better off with that culture. At least there were genre-focused trips who generated discussion and controversy around their chosen genres. At least there were occasionally times when there was actually some music discussion.

Now it is literally all memes, shitposting, and trolling.
>>
>>64778146
Few years ago it was Odd Future and Lady Gaga. There is always this kind of unbelievable cancer on /mu/, but it always loses in the end.
>>
>>64778146
/mu/ has been this way about Kanye for about 6 years now, its not new at all.
>>
>>64778215
yes. since MBDTF got a 10 from uknowwho

>>64778193
its always been memes shitposting and trolling
>>
>>64777940
yeah, this. there wasn't nearly as much /pol/ and redpiller cancer here 5 or so years ago.

>>64778152
/mu/ has always liked shitty indie rock and entry level rap and it always will.
>>
Old /mu/ pros:
>decent level of discussion
>good memes
Old /mu/ cons:
>cove of the insufferable tripfags, easier to derail threads
>not so much coverage for undergroundier genres

Neo-/mu/ pros:
>you can talk about everything, anons more prone to discuss obscure stuff, more entertainment
>easier to improve your taste or to gather news
Neo-/mu/ cons:
>terrible memes. just plain terrible. thank god long boi died.
>dude death grips fedora lol meme fantano meme xD dude pitchfork is cool!!! gb2/pol/ if u disagree :)
>>
I just want eternal generals to die. It's so irritating knowing what 90% of page 0 will be all day every day.
>>
>>64777964
Sup oldfam, I've been here since 2010. It's annoying to see people complain so much, but to be fair, back when mediafire was still a thing this place was better. Sure what.cd and slsk are great, but we were more communal. Sharethreads were a constant, hourly thing. Browsing /mu/ feels much more lonely now. Maybe I just got old.
>>
>>64778363
The generals are the only places you can hope to have decent discussion now, I don't get the hate for them

>>64778351
This is accurate although I like to think the p4k and fantano threads are still as ironic as they were years ago
>>
>>64778450
>The generals are the only places you can hope to have decent discussion now, I don't get the hate for them
This attitude is the problem. Rather than trying to fix things by making new threads, or searching for good ones people just hop into their general(s) and don't bother coming out.
>>
>>64778545
I still try to make threads outside of them every now and then but they always either get memed to death or get zero responses unless its about whatever band/album is currently flavor of the month
>>
File: Indie.png (114 KB, 972x1103) Image search: [Google]
Indie.png
114 KB, 972x1103
Quick, post images of old /mu/
>>
It's always been shit unless you're 16-23 years old and discovering yourself through music. That's why everyone will always think it goes to shit after a few years. It happens on every music forum too.
>>
>>64778351
you cannot talk about everything
>>
File: image.png (232 KB, 970x902) Image search: [Google]
image.png
232 KB, 970x902
>>64777894
you tell me.
>>
>>64778717
pretty much
>>
>>64778945
taylor swift just has waifufags for support

both are equally bad
>>
>>64778945
This is neo-/mu/.

>>64777894
Best /mu/: 2006 - 2010 (pre Kanye p4k 10)

OK /mu/: 2010 (post Kanye p4k 10) - mid 2013

"Hey guiz I just found about this place through that facebook meme page I love music to" tier: late 2013 - 2015

Beyond Redemption: 2016 - 20??
>>
>>64777940
>>64778336
>/pol/ shit
More like this board is now overrun by underage faggots from tumblr who think it's "/pol/" when someone says nigger on 4chan.
>>
>>64777894

Worse but not that much

>>64778945
>(You/OP)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.