[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: tyler-the-creator.jpg (786 KB, 1200x1092) Image search: [Google]
tyler-the-creator.jpg
786 KB, 1200x1092
What went wrong?
>>
you couldn't get a visa?
>>
>>64775584
you were too lazy?
>>
>>64775584
edgy atheist nigger "lol my dad sux" memerap
>>
2 really bad albums released in a row after a really hyped and good first album?
>>
he has no skill or talent as a producer so he just comes off as a pleb's flying lotus.
>>
he told me to listen to his album outside by the water because he "made it for that setting" and I ended up getting robbed
>>
File: 1441335520829.jpg (523 KB, 2500x1883) Image search: [Google]
1441335520829.jpg
523 KB, 2500x1883
>>64775625
Isn't his dad dead though?
>>
Only so long you can be a tastemaker/trendsetter before you have to change up, or offer something of quality. he is still the same product as he was 5 years ago
>>
File: o4034-0100495.jpg (77 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
o4034-0100495.jpg
77 KB, 800x600
he's only 25

wait till you're 42

can you believe that?

it might look like this
>>
>>64775672
nah

probably the majority of artists give the fans what they expect and want each time

Bob Dylan funk Disco let's go!
>>
>>64775625
I don't think memerap is the problem.

I think he got stuck in a place where he was a little bit ashamed of being memerap and wanted to tackle new material. But you can't half-ass memerap. He's like Childish Gambino. No one on either side will take you seriously if you're trying to talk about something serious yet your lyrics are all focused around punchlines.

Basically, he might still be relevant if he was memeing at full potential.
>>
File: Luton Desk.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Luton Desk.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
>>64775732
there's a lot of other people on field now

hundreds of black men that have scribbled biro all over their bodies

Tyler is.... then unique, he should hold his guns and let it grow up with him, and think of producing other slightly different music

He did that lovely thing with the young guy on guitar, you know? so he's got an interesting prospect

https://youtu.be/UMS4-qifK9A
>>
>>64775584
nothing happened his fanbase moved on to death grips or just dropped the whole edgy shit and became alt-normies who like mac demarco
>>
Also how does it make you feel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5LPw7hXnw
>>
File: the-cellar-club.jpg (130 KB, 723x407) Image search: [Google]
the-cellar-club.jpg
130 KB, 723x407
>>64776016
that's like Hemel Hempstead pavilion
>>
>>64775584
he made music
>>
We listened
>>
>>64775584

What went wrong? People shitposted them on mu all the time ironically and then continually forgot they're doing it for fun. After a year everyone forgot the joke and hip hop took a hold on /mu/ for good.
>>
>>64775584
People got bored of the edgy shit, but the number of underaged dickriders and yes men he got from the edgy shit made him believe he was more than a shitty edgy memerapper, which led to the absolutely atrocious "experimental" project Cherry Bomb.

He could've just stayed a shitty edgy memerapper and slowly fade away, but instead you faggots made him think he was a genius.
>>
he bought a mc claren and toured with asap rocky? i dont see the problem OP?
>>
He took off the mask...seriously...before people saw him and found out he was just a weea-jiggaboo that didn't really do any of the shit he talked about (rape/drugs/killin) he was golden. Then he took off the mask, came out and basically said 'yeah, im a faggot that doesn't do any of that shit, it's all fake duh' then he lost a lot of his shock value and appeal. He ruined the one thing he had going for him, the mystique through obscurity.
>>
>>64775727

I see what you're saying, but Dylan is a terrible example of someone giving fans what they want
>>
>>64775584
wolf and cherry bomb are good albums

goblin has some nostalgic tracks but its kinda trash when looking at it through non-rose tinted glasses
bastard is alright i guess but the production is ass
>>
>>64775639
i must be one of the 20 people in the world who actually really like his beats
>>
>>64776429
not really

he didn't really change that much. kinda like radiohead , one about-turn to prevent an dead end ahead, then it sort of settles down over a long period
>>
>>64776402
you actually took him at face value?
lol there are people who actually did that?
>>
>>64775584
Wolf was shit and the edgy 14 year olds following him grew up.
>>
nothing went wrong, it was always wrong
>>
>>64776614
I simply can't respect an artist that has never killed a man
>>
>>64776402
>>64775625
>>64775639
>>64775732
>this many people with no idea what they're talking about

/mu/ really has gone to shit. It really is sad that there's no where else to go.
>>
>>64775584
He should keep doing stuff like yonkers or domo23. That's where is potential is.

>B-B-B-But Y-Yonkers is so b-b-ad
Fucking hipster
>>
What does memerap even mean?
>>
Wolf > Goblin > Cherry Bomb > Bastard

Bastard really doesn't hold up. It's actually pretty boring imo
>>
>>64776946
This.
Tyler is still great, he's just growing as a human. So his music is changing. He's not chained down to OF, anymore.
>>
i do really like tyler tbf
i don't listen to him much now but i have fond memories of hearing his shit for the first time
and i think a lot of the hate he gets is from people who feel bad about having liked him for a while, because he was such an edgelord

it's a bit like comedy it doesn't work well in the longterm
but that doesn't make it any less good, it was good back then
>>
Personalities overshadowed talent.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.