[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when did you grow out of your phase of being an edgy contrarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: killah ken.jpg (188 KB, 1035x708) Image search: [Google]
killah ken.jpg
188 KB, 1035x708
when did you grow out of your phase of being an edgy contrarian and hating on the beatles, radiohead and pink floyd?
>>
I haven't yet

probably never, unless I earn money to buy food maybe?
>>
i think less of you as a person if you say you hate the beatles
>>
>>64775068
when did you grow up of being an idiot and thinking that liking popular and widly accepted bands makes more "mature"
>>
>>64775068
I never had that phase
>>
>>64775093
ITT: illiteracy
and i never said anything about liking them, you don't have to at all i'm talking about /mu/tants spouting hate towards great bands due to their popularity and adoring fanbases
>>
>>64775068
but really though pink floyd were talented songwriters and musicians who wasted their talents on vacuous psychedelic wank
>>
>>64775068
That was never my particular brand of contrarianism.
>>
>>64775138
mu is just sensitive to people bandwagoning and only talking about the same 10 bands that reddit does
>>
I never had that phase tho. Wish You Were Here is a goat album.

The Wall is utter shit tho.
>>
>>64775152
This. I used to be an angry atheist, but I never hated The Beatles or Pink Floyd.
>>
>>64775068
Just this year desu
>>
Liked them at 12, hated them at 15, liked them again at 19
>>
I'm not being a contrarian, Pink Floyd are legitimately bad, The Beatles are overplayed, and I've been burned out on Radiohead for years (even though their new album is good).
>>
>>64775084
I would think less of you as a person for this
>>
it's sad how patricians will never truly appreciate how good radiohead are because they're mainstream and dads know who they are
>>
I like them. I am pretty sure the vast majority here does, too. But since we are all huge music fans, too, we will generally not only like musicians like the three mentioned whose music entails a lot of ideas, but also musicians who may not have as many ideas at once, but explore each idea more thoroughly.

In Milan, opposite The Last Supper is a late gothic period piece. That piece has a lot characters than TLS, is covering a more important event (The Crucifiction), and is on a technical scale magnificent.

But despite having so much more happening at once, it doesn't explore each and every character that's part of the mural. Every part of The Last Supper despite being much more simple has more meaning to it. The Last Supper is far more fitting of its tone this way and doesn't water anything down (unlike say...the weak attempt at horror style strings on Burn The Witch.)

Point being that those three bands aren't bad. It's also totally easy to see why they get the most unanimous love, too. But they are often not super favorites of those of us here who want more explored from the ideas presented to us.
>>
>>64775068
Never hated or particularly cared for any of them. Have been getting into early Pink Floyd recently, though.
>>
I bet you anything that 90% of Beatles/Radiohead/Other highly acclaimed bands haters are under 20 at least. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE (myself included) goes through the "acclaimed bands suck lol!!! Beatles are overrated!!!" phase. Hell, even the word "overrated" itself is a literal meme criticism buzzword that only underages use.
>>
>>64775152
That said I do hate The Division Bell because my dad is under the mistaken impression that it's a good album that you should put on when others are in the same room or car.
>>
>>64775068
everybody should love those bands btw? are you a fucking retarded? you better be
I like PF and some stuff by RH, used to listen a lot back in the day, but today I can't sit through a whole RH album
Beatles were aways meh for me, still are

this board is a fucking joke
>>
>>64775068
I have never heard a Beatles album in full

I don't actually hate Radiohead, I just hate that I thought that they were the greatest thing ever when I was 13 and hadn't listened to better bands

I love Pink Floyd
>>
>>64776027
>everybody should love those bands
literally where did i say that s e n p a i
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.