[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums like this? Pic Related and Women are so great but I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Albums like this?

Pic Related and Women are so great but I can't find much else that satisfies the same itch.
'Eyesore' may be one of the best songs of all time

Also, what do you guys think about the new name?
>>
Preoccupied is a pretty shit name tbqh
>>
>>64772701

Dude fucking tell me about it. I will never find anything as good as Public Strain.

Give Fake Palms a shot. https://buzzrecordsto.bandcamp.com/album/fake-palms-lp

I tend to see people mention Faux Fur (defunct) and Telstar Drugs mentioned in the same breath as Women but meh. Chad VanGaalen (helped produce Public Strain) has a few good songs on Shrink Dust and Diaper Island that are similar.

New name is fine, their old name was fucktarded so I didn't expect much desu.
>>
You might dig Deceit by This Heat or Script of the Bridge by The Chameleons. This album sounds kind of like a combination of these two albums.
>>
Women - self titled and Public Strain
>>
Cindy Lee is Pat from women's side project
Just released the best album ever and a really good cassette ep thing

Also check out Egg Paper. It's a canadian record label with some women influenced bands. They have a bandcamp. Check out Telstar Drugs and Gretchen
>>
I think if they want to change their band name because they don't want people to feel like they're mocking something like the Vietnam War then that's totally their call and people crying about it and muh sjws winning again should leave their waifu cave once in a while and stop peeing their pants because a band made a decision on their own

With that being said I agree with >>64773262
Preoccupations is a pretty bad name and I would have just stuck with Viet Cong if I were them
>>
>>64773456
Weren't they getting banned from venues or something because of their name?
>>
>>64773456

lol dude people were literally protesting and going wild about it and trying to ban them from shows and festivals.
>>
>>64773482
>>64773529
Oh yeah I guess that's a little different then my b
>>
File: a2304900365_10.jpg (342 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2304900365_10.jpg
342 KB, 1200x1200
This scratches a similar itch for me
>>
I really don't understand why there was such an outcry about their name, i just don't get how it was offensive at all
>>
>>64773439
this 10000000000000x egg paper is great
>>
March of Progress really reminds me of The Fat Lady of Limbourg by Brian Eno for some reason. Simmilar build up?

Anyway, i don't know what to recommend but you might like LC by The Durutti Column if you havent listened to that before.
>>
You reatrded? It's literally just generic post punk revival.

Iceage
Ought
>>
>>64774305
The group committed a ton of atrocities during the Vietnam war. Using the name was just in exceedingly poor taste, it'd be like a band calling themselves Al-qaeda, Boko Haram, or something and wondering what the fuss is about
>>
The ending jam on Eyesore is my favorite 3 minutes of music.

Viet Cong wasn't as good as Public Strain or Women, but it is still up there. I'm so excited for the next album, whenever it comes out. Some of the only guitar music worth caring about anymore.
>>
>>64774831
it really doesn't matter at all
>>
>>64774831
>The al-Qaedas
literally nothing wrong with this
we need more ironic bands like FIFH and
>>
>>64774305
it's kind of like if you were jewish and a group of privileged non-jewish people created a band and named themselves adolf hitler because they thought it sounded edgy. or "joy division" for that matter, although no one seems to care about that one even though it's just as fucked up.

i think it's far from the worst thing you could do as a musician or a person, but it's pretty insensitive to people who experienced trauma at the hands of adolf hilter or the viet cong.
>>
>>64774831
>>64775369
you are a bunch of whinny SJW faggots. Viet Cong is a great band name and no one have the right to force them to change that. People like you are the cancer of the world and should be killed.
>>
>>64775905
wow
>>
>>64775905

lmao. People like us run the world. People like you run message boards. Survival of the fittest m8.
>>
I wish people on this board could talk about the album without discussion turning to SJW or anti-SJW shit flinging.
>>
you might enjoy this

https://palmnewyork.bandcamp.com/album/trading-basics
>>
>>64774920
Eyesore is women/viet congs best song
>>
>>64776620
Well, this messageboard is going to get Trump nominated. So, now who controls the world?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.