[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Since the late 1990s, Mercury Rev have very rarely (if ever)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Bocesmercuryrev.jpg (14 KB, 234x231) Image search: [Google]
Bocesmercuryrev.jpg
14 KB, 234x231
>Since the late 1990s, Mercury Rev have very rarely (if ever) performed songs from Boces, as the songs remind the band of turbulent circumstances surrounding its recording

can someone tell me more about this?
>>
reminds them of the fact that they turned to shit once David Baker dropped their ass
>>
>>64772303
this
>>
>>64771779
Everything after their first two albums is awful
>>
>>64772303
>>64772532
Isn't coincidence interesting?
>>64771779
Each band member wanted something specifically different and were fighting for creative control. The one who won was actually Dave Fridmann, who was able to mix out whatever sound elements he didn't want from the album at the mixing stage. He has since regretted it and wished he could have been the mediator he should have been.
>>
>>64771779
>tfw you will never hear Meth of a Rockette's Kick live
>>
File: David-Baker--007.jpg (90 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
David-Baker--007.jpg
90 KB, 620x372
>waitin' for the phone to blink
>waitin' for the blow to snow
>skating around
>the only place you know
>prayin' for your hair to grow
was this a snub at David Baker?
>>
>>64773750
Baker should have sang on every song on that album. The other dude sucks, and i dont care if he sucks intentionally his voice has barely any presence or personality.
>>
Isn't that the album where during the recording of it Baker or Donahue tried to gouge Grasshopper's eye out with a spoon?
>>
>>64774275
Baker is awful and ruined everything he touched.
>>
I'm waiting for Boces on vinyl to come in the mail

>>64774275
Bronx Cheer is amazing, dude.

>>64774469
That "happened" when they were touring, I think that was made up. But they didn't like Baker, that's for sure.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.