[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
edith thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
whatchu think bout new alice?
>>
>>64769566
>new alice
I think Tim Burton should stop tbqh ngl
>>
File: tumblr_nyms49Hv9f1v09fpco1_1280.jpg (235 KB, 1280x1480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyms49Hv9f1v09fpco1_1280.jpg
235 KB, 1280x1480
>>
literally havent heard any of the post-alice stuff or care honestly
>>
Shes pretty cute, and im waiting on that new album with her.
hope ethan includes her more than alice in songs
>>
>>64769597
there hasnt been much talk about it actually! but at least give deicide a good listen
>>
>>64769597
https://youtu.be/9p6Z-9AwRrU

https://youtu.be/Y5jnMclUHjc
>>
>>64769566
>>64769578
she has a nice leeloo vibe
>>
>>64769566
I'm looking forward to it, but it's been four years since the last CC album and two years since Alice left and all we've gotten are two bad songs, not even talk of an EP or anything. Edith also doesn't seem to have the same presence that Alice had. I know Ethan's production has always been the main draw but he's always had Alice to bring a bit more energy, and I don't think Edith has shown that she can do that yet.
>>
Crystal Castles is dead, they were good while they were still active but they're not the same band anymore
If Ethan wants to continue making music he should do so under a new name t b h
>>
>>64770542
I see these comments once in a while and can't help but cringe. you do realize that the whole crystal castles was Ethan's work anyway to begin with, Alice just got involved with it later. Alice even sang on like only half of the songs on the first two albums, the rest were done with either samples or Ethan pitchshifting his own vocals (like the original cover-version of not in love without smith, or violent youth from their third album). and even on the Alice-centered songs her vocals were edited with shitloads of distortion, reverb and other effects.

point being, Ethan never needed Alice for anything, nor does he need her now either. it's completely his own project
>>
Lip syncs all her shows and was terrible at singing regardless
>>
File: loss.png (383 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
383 KB, 600x594
>>64770542
Go to bed alice
>>
>>64771135
too bad without alice there would be no crystal castles, ethan would be one of thousands basement producers. AliceĀ“s image sold those albums
>>
>>64771410
As you said, it's too bad, because it's unfair to credit Alice for Crystal Castles being good.
>>
>>64769578
kinda of qt but with all this talk of ethan liking his women young i thought she would be a qt loli
>>
File: 2008c1d2.jpg (214 KB, 1700x1133) Image search: [Google]
2008c1d2.jpg
214 KB, 1700x1133
>>64771430
>good
*famous
>>
im still waiting for that new album. pretty hype to see what alice's absence will do with the sound and hopefully ethan stops it with these poppy shitty sounds he had on deicide. i hope it's darker way darker.
>>
the new singles both sucked
>>
>>64770444
i dunno my man. the video i saw of edith live she had a different energy but she drew more attention. more ethereal stage presence. maybe they'll go like a dreampop sound on the new album to suit that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.