[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lower than art angels lol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
lower than art angels lol
>>
Well it was worse than Art Angels so, yeah.
>>
>>64768531
>>64768545
>metacritic that has beyonce currently leading top of the year ratings
>>
it hasn't updated yet mate
>>
>>64768545
delusional waifu creep OUT
>>
>>64768574
Well, Lemonade was better than A Moon Shaped Pool.
>>
worst thread on /mu/
>>
>>64768584
I don't like Grimes.
Art Angels was better than A Moon Shaped Pool.
It's not that complicated.
>>
>>64768601

Agreed
>>
>>64768545
pretty autistic opinion ya got there bruh
>>
>>64768584
>implying Radiohead fans are LESS delusional than Grimes fans
top kek, friendo.
>>
>>64768601
Agreed
>>
>>64768626
most of the grimes fans on /mu/ thought er coachella performance "wasn't that bad" so yeah....
>>
>>64768590
Yeah, definitely.

By the way could you recommend any more albums like Lemonade? Y'know, generic, faux-artistic trash-pop albums where none of the tracks sound different from each other, well, apart from an extremely corny "country roots" track and maybe a ridiculously tame rock track with a washed out guest feature.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>64768622
The pro-Radiohead opinion will always be the more autistic opinion, no matter the context.
>>
>>64768645
Most of Radiohead's fans on /mu/ think Radiohead is "good" so yeah...
>>
>>64768646
You misunderstand, I agree that Lemonade was complete trash.

Lemonade was better than A Moon Shaped Pool.
>>
>>64768662
lol :ok_hand:
>>
>>64768647
>>64768662
>>64768675

can see the comments all a min apart & poster counter lmfao, you've made 10 replies to this post Claire
>>
>people on /mu/ still like Radiohead
>people on /mu/ still like Grimes

These artists are equally bad. Only difference is how pretentious of a fanbase they have.
>>
File: 1442392524003.jpg (78 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1442392524003.jpg
78 KB, 612x612
>>64768531
this is the face of the new age
>>
>>64768675
explain why
>>
>>64768804
Both were products of musicians trying to create something to remain relevant that feels heartless, calculated, and dull. Neither has any display of impressive musical talent and both adhere to boring, overused tropes in their respective genres that make them frequently feel like derivative, dry products created by uninspired parasites past their prime.
Lemonade's had a more interesting variety of sounds. The sounds weren't ever great, or even good, but the production choices made gave the album an air of variety even though the writing didn't reflect this and that variety wasn't a variety of good things. A Moon Shaped Pool felt like a handful of songs that sounded similar to one another and similar to many that came before them and provided no moments of interesting, enjoyable difference to make it worth bearing a second time around.
Also, I'm not a fan of Kendrick Lamar but his contribution to "Freedom" was more inspired than anything else on either of these two albums. It wasn't great but you at least got the sense that he cared about what he was making.
>>
>>64768920
>Both were products of musicians trying to create something to remain relevant that feels heartless, calculated, and dull.
(Your opinion)
>both adhere to boring, overused tropes in their respective genres that make them frequently feel like derivative, dry products created by uninspired parasites past their prime.
(Your opinion)
>Lemonade's had a more interesting variety of sounds
It objectively didn't
>A Moon Shaped Pool felt like a handful of songs that sounded similar to one another and similar to many that came before them and provided no moments of interesting, enjoyable difference to make it worth bearing a second time around.
Apart from the cathartic strings, detailed production and subtly unraveling song structures, oh and the meticulously crafted juxtaposition of organic and electronic elements
>Also, I'm not a fan of Kendrick Lamar but his contribution to "Freedom" was more inspired than anything else on either of these two albums. It wasn't great but you at least got the sense that he cared about what he was making.
Yeah you are a fan of Kendrick, and it's blindingly obvious, because the opinion that his contribution to Lemonade is the best thing about either of these albums is objectively wrong too

all in all decent bait but I can't believe I actually replied
>>
>>64768999
oh and trips confirm
>>
It was mediocre. All the new Radiohead fans want to pretend they're witnessing some great event album. But it's just another neo radiohead album where Thom does everything and Johnny adds a few strings.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x574
>>64768531
get out of the way losers
>>
>>64769080
Nah Rolling Stone was right
>>
>>64768999
>being this autistic

Gotta love Radiohead fans
>MUH TECHNICL SKILLS
Worse than Queen fans.
>>
>>64769164
The post he was responding to said there was no impressive musical talent though.
>>
>>64769177
The statement he was responding to was that the album was uninteresting and unenjoyable. His response was to go full on aspergers and explain how technically skilled the musicians are.

Fun fact: being technically skilled does not make you a good songwriter.
These songs are dull as shit.
I'm not that first guy, I haven't listened to Beyonce and as I'm a grown heterosexual man I'm not about to start, but this album is absolute trash.
>>
>>64769213
>The statement he was responding to was that the album was uninteresting and unenjoyable
He also said

>Neither has any display of impressive musical talent
Not sure if this means the same thing as what the other guy responded with but it does sound like something about technical skill or something similar.
>>
>>64769012
autism
>>
>>64769164
>>64769213
>>64769231
>I'm so shallow that when someone makes a long post responding to something and trying to disprove it they automatically have le autism/aspergers

End your lives
>>
>>64769012
wew
>>
>>64769268
Buddy, I think the new Radiohead is a 10/10 but "trips confirmed" is a statement that requires autism
>>
>>64769080
reissues don't caught
>>
>>64769268
Spergo got his feelings hurt
>>
>>64769283
I don't why I made myself seem so serious - I meant it jokingly
>>
Listen, gang. It doesn't matter if you like Grimes, or if you like Radiohead, or even if you like Beyonce. Whether you think A Moon Shaped Pool was terrible or AOTY, it's not important. It doesn't matter if you liked Art Angels, or if you thought Lemonade deserved its praise.
At the end of the day, we can all agree on one objective fact:
All music is fucking bullshit. It all sucks. Music is terrible.
>>
>>64769329
This. Music divides us, why do we keep listening to it
>>
>>64769329
nope, grimes is avg, radiohead is great
>>
>>64769352
Grimes is okay, Radiohead is mediocre, Beyonce is a businesswoman and her music is a capitalist product that doesn't deserve to be ranked with artists.
>>
>>64769329
Amen.
>>
>>64768999
>explain why you feel this way
>that's just, like, your opinion man.

Come on. I liked A Moon Shaped Pool, but you asked a guy to explain why he didn't and he did just that, very detailed and very thoroughly. Don't get butthurt when other people don't like it, that's bad form.
>>
>>64768574
a fucking 93
>>
>>64768647
>>64768662
>>64768675
This is what samefaggotry looks like
>>
>>64769716
>caring well after everyone left
thanks champ
>>
>>64768645
But it wasn't that bad. Consider that her ear monitors didn't work.
>>
does anyone even listen to Art Angels anymore?
>>
>>64768749
The difference is that you're wrong and both artists are good. Not equally: Grimes > Radiohead.
>>
>>64769080
All reissues get inflated scores. The critics hated Pinkerton when it was first released. Why? They were dumber then?

Disclaimer: I don't even like Pinkerton.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.