[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wayne Coyne vs. MC Ride
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 612x612
Who is the better musician?
>>
>>64766908
Methinks they are both complete and utter HACKS who have never made anything worth listening
>>
>>64766926
Damn...
>>
>>64766926
No one likes you jar jar your opinions are shit
>>
I think they both have annoying voices and awful lyrics. wayne is black though so I choose ride
>>
Coyne is the better musician, but the worst asshole on the planet. "Clouds Taste Metallic" and "Soft Bulletin" are masterpieces.
>>
I'm gonna go with Wayne seeing as how he seems slightly less autistic. I saw Death Grips live and Ride literally screams and throws himself around the stage just to cover up that he doesn't contribute anything worthwhile to their sound.
>>
>>64767406
This!

I kind of ended up there on accident. I could see the stage from outside and was wondering if it some some kind of strange performance art exhibition.
>>
>>64767451
Damn...
>>
I get that the token black guy and vocal component would naturally become the icon under which a band identified, but I really feel like he's is just dead weight in Death Grips current configuration.

Those two other guys could kick him out and hone their sound into something much more worthwhile without him screaming nonsense over all over their production work.
>>
>>64766908
Wait til Ride puts out more music.
>>
>>64767406
>>64767604
lol are you guys fucking serious?

do you not realize how drastically different death grips would sound if they had a different vocalist?
>>
>>64767863
I'm saying they should have no vocalist at all.
>>
>>64767879
yea that's worked out before really well
as shown in fashion week and interview 2016
aka mediocre instrumental albums 1 and 2
>>
Which Wayne Coyne are we talking about, the original one that died in 2009, or the doppelganger that's currently fronting the Flaming Lips?
>>
>>64767902
Ok well Fashion Week is hardly demonstrative of equal parts drums and electronic production. Similar story for Interview, but I'm saying more work in that soundscape could produce something more interesting than what they're doing now.
>>
>>64766908
>MC Ride
>musician
>>
>>64767933
>he wants le fast drummer and le shit producer to drop the most interesting dynamic of their band
>>
>>64767933
Just listen to face tat. It's pretty much that.
>>
>>64767980
Lemme ask you anon, do you play drums or have any music production experience? 100% of the talent of this group lies between those two. What they do is not easy by any means.
>>
>>64768011
I prefer Astrological Straits, fäm.
>>
>>64767406
He's autistic; He has no talent! Lol, I'm so much better than autistic people :)
>>
>>64768050
is this a joke

Being autistic hardly seems preferable to not having autism. This band is 2/3 music, 1/3 screaming homeless man. I'm saying it's high time to trim the fat.
>>
>>64768015
ofc i do
zach hill zone doesn't play any drums on the albums, it's all boring production on andy's part. which isn't even exciting
mc ride literally carries the group; why do you think they stopped putting out stems?
>>
>>64768084
Autism doesn't exist, it was fabricated in order to ruin people's lives.
>>
>>64768084
>>64768125
You're right though, not having the diagnosis is a lot better than having the diagnosis.
>>
>>64768096
>why do you think they stopped putting out stems?
Because their fans don't care for them.

If I'm not mistaken, the idea was for creative commons licensing to open them up for manipulation and tweaks in other music projects, but all they were used for was shitty meme/joke albums.

I disagree that it's boring production work. Just reading about the creative process behind The Money Store, he strikes me as a pretty bright guy.
>>64768125
>>
>>64768155
>Just reading about the creative process behind The Money Store
>he thyinks that having a bloated and pretentisou creative process makes the end resulty good lmao
>>
>>64768184
>bloated
Hardly

Programming compressed field recordings into a coherent rhythm is no easy task, and the results were pretty good.

>pretentious
This is not a valid criticism and just makes you sound like a dumbass.
>>
>>64768214
just stop posting lmfao ur literally trying to justifiy a shitty producer and a dude who drums fast for the sake of drumming fast
>>
>>64766908
why did you make this thread? Just to hate on Wayne?
>>
>>64768096
>why do you think they stopped putting out stems?
they literally just put out bottomless pit stems
>>
>>64768243
>trying to justify
???

It's called discourse. We don't have the same opinion, I think that's kind of expected on a music forum for music discussion. I'm not "justifying" anything because there's no pending incrimination against them. What does that even mean?

>[anything] for the sake of [anything]
Confirmed for based dumbass.

Why are you here if you don't even like music?
>>
>>64768291
lmaooooo stay mad kid
>>
File: 1450401284055.gif (3 MB, 399x265) Image search: [Google]
1450401284055.gif
3 MB, 399x265
>>64768243
>>
File: 1446688138848.png (266 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
1446688138848.png
266 KB, 368x657
>>64768320
Literally nobody ITT is mad. What are you talking about?
>>
>>64768343
>>64768291
this guy is obviously mad lmfao are ui dENSE
>>
>>64768407
Are you not used to dissent or something? Honestly, do you just assume that everyone that disagrees with you is angry?
>>
>>64768429
ofc not u idiot but ur'e obviously mad as hell son loooooool
>>
>>64766908
I like Coyne even though he can be a pretentious twat. I loved Yoshimi when I was a teen and have grown to enjoy Clouds, Bulletin and even their Fwends albums are pretty cool.

I've never been able to get that much into Death Grips. They have some decent albums and some tracks I enjoy, but I'm not a fan.

The band as a collective seems as pretentious as Coyne. I also get the feeling Ride is unfit for society and would be homeless if he wasn't in a band.
>>
>>64768443
I think you're just avoiding the point raised because you don't have any grounds for your criticism. That's how that works around here, right? If a conversation is over it just debates into "DUDE YOU'RE SO MAD LOL"?

Well ok, see ya.
>>
>>64768451
>I also get the feeling Ride is unfit for society and would be homeless if he wasn't in a band.

he probably would kill himself
>>
>>64767379
you're cool anon
>>
For this argument, I think it's important to note Steven Drozd's importance for the Flaming Lips. I think he's the real force behind the Lips' sound.

Not to downsize Coyne's role, but I think the Lips wouldn't be the same without Drozd. But, on the other hand, they wouldn't be a group period without Coyne.
>>
>>64768049
me 2 tbqh
>>
File: christmas-on-mars-2.jpg (34 KB, 460x250) Image search: [Google]
christmas-on-mars-2.jpg
34 KB, 460x250
>>64769252
This. Drozd GOAT.
>>
>>64767910
I want to believe
>>
>>64769252
Well sure, but in that case you should probably acknowledge that Hill is the mind behind Death Grips, or at least the mind behind its inception. So maybe we should be comparing Drozd and Hill?
>>
>>64769252
Wayne's a really good frontman, and I think keeps them involved in psychedelic experiments, however agreed, Drozd is the "musical" guy in the Lips
>>
MC Ride.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.