[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: bands you love but the meme status/fanbase almost ruins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: radiohead.jpg (73 KB, 945x591) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
73 KB, 945x591
ITT: bands you love but the meme status/fanbase almost ruins them for you
>>
>anco
>panda bear
>DG
>swans
>kanye
>kendrick

did I miss anything?
>>
>>64760454
>DG
Just step out off /mu/ for a while.
Then you can talk to old heads about music. And when you bring up Death Grips they will say, "Oh that band with the angry hobo?"
>>
>>64760315
grimes
grimes
grimes
>>
Not a single one. I don't feel guilty about enjoying things just because other people who do are obnoxious. Even when the fanbase is Tool's, I'm not bothered by it.
>>
>>64760315
None really

I pretty much loathe ALL of the meme artists you faggots obsess over.

Death Grips
Grimes
Radiohead

Ok, Swans are pretty good
>>
>>64760946
What I listed were what I was guessing the answers would be. Maybe I should have started the reply with "Let me guess".
>>
>>64761005
the only reasonable response
>>
>>64761045
eh
>>
only Radiohead i guess but the only Radiohead fans i've met have been really cool and nice so i don't really mind
>>
>>64761045

how the fuck are radiohead a meme artist
>>
Swans
Coil
This Heat
Les Rallizes Denudes
John Fahey
>>
>>64761362
They're not, I was mainly just referring to bands that anons never shut the fuck up about.
>>
File: ddd.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
Went to one of his concerts. a bunch of annoying ass kids
>>
File: tumblr_msmhk9cnaW1r7159oo1_1280.jpg (324 KB, 1280x849) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msmhk9cnaW1r7159oo1_1280.jpg
324 KB, 1280x849
>>64761610
>buying overalls and a shitty hat solely to wear at a mac concert

fucking posers man
but yeah real annoying
>>
>>64760315
why would i let other people ruin music for me? i'm not an image-obsessed pleb
>>
>>64760454
MBV
>>
>letting a fanbase ruin your enjoyment of music

The only band that has been ruined to me due to a fanbase is

-midori
-most k-POp and j-pop
-This Heat
-Coil
-Thinking Fellers
>>
>>64762168
OH, I also forgot NMH
>>
>>64761610
yeah exactly. I'm going to the show in hollywood coming up to see johnathan richman but i don't know if i'll be able to deal with the kids there.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.