[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right? Is the new Radiohead just Coldplay for edgy 13 year olds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (73 KB, 606x385) Image search: [Google]
file.png
73 KB, 606x385
Is he right? Is the new Radiohead just Coldplay for edgy 13 year olds?
>>
No.
>>
>>64758124
Don't see what's so edgy about AMSP. However, that review reeks of edgy 13 year old.
>>
>>64758124
yeah and pierre boulez is for edgy 16 year olds
>>
>>64758124
It had me until half way through it.

I hardly ever use the word pretentious, but this review is the most pretentious thing I have ever read.
>>
>>64758361
That guy's sentiment towards Radiohead fans is on point. You reek of smug 17 y/o. Coming from a grounded 22 y/o.
>>
>>64758395
lolwut Le Marteau is so far beyond your understanding
>>
Welp, he used the "w" word. This is about to turn into a /pol/ thread.
>>
>>64758580
wumbo?
>>
>>64758124
Coldplay was great until they replaced their producers with trendhopping talentless twats.
>>
File: 1462276596735.jpg (25 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1462276596735.jpg
25 KB, 540x540
>>64758502
>grounded
>>
kek
Radiohead isn't influenced by shit meme bands like Can or Sonic Youth what the fuck is wrong with this faggot

Post a radiohead song that sounds like those. Pro tip, you can't
>>
>>64758124
Whats the fucking thing with using despective way the white word? like this dude its probably white too...
>>
>>64758712
>Sonic Youth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFHMoT8sCXg
What do I win?
>>
>>64758124
This is a review of the band and its fanbase, not of the album. Guy has a grudge against Radiohead and is using the new album to garner attention for his rant.
>>
>>64758789
Damn, Sonic Youth sounds so much better than this.
>>
>>64758789
anon btfo

let's not forget the obvious sonic youth imitation, Paranoid Android
>>
>>64758712
Optimistic
Morning Bell
>>
>>64758789
Sounds like blonde redhead/blonderedhead sounds like this
>>
>>64758502
Go to bed boulez
>>
>>64759066
morning bell is so similar to One More Night off ege bamyasi
>>
>>64758502
>a grounded 22 y/o.
>>
>>64758502
Someone isn't getting their tendies tonight.
>>
I think the issue here is that music critics and music "connoisseurs" tend to forget that bands, such as Radiohead, make music to make fucking music. They're not pandering to any one person or group, they just produce some music and then put it out there. They don't give a fuck what you, or critics, or anyone else thinks. And that's why they continue to release whatever they want.

Just like most other bands. Stop trying to project all of these false realities onto bands. They make and release music that sounds good to them.
>>
File: 1.png (83 KB, 444x431) Image search: [Google]
1.png
83 KB, 444x431
Is this all the UK has to offer anymore? Melancholy,mid-tempo ballads? Radiohead come very close to going full on Adele on "Glass Eyes."

I love that this time around it's Jonny Greenwood presents Radiohead. All of his Soundtrack work really outshone Thom's side-projects. Ans the strings never feel taked on either. It's not Jon writes a soundtrack for the new album. The arrangements are integral.

Doesn't change the fact that this particular batch of songs aren't anything to run around in the streets screaming your head off about. Like every true Radiohead fan I spent my entire first listen anticipating the final song.

I also love are perfectly equalized everything is. Thom's vocals are set right in the middle so you can hear the kickdrum and piana fills perfectly whereas a band like Grizzly Bear would've had every little thing turned up to 10 on their 'Shields' album, which I am most inclined to compare this to sonically. They really set a new standard for all Folk Rock on that one.

While it's not their most adventurous musically, I love that it's still complicated enough to be considered art rock but not for the masses the way HTTT was. PJ Harvey released an equally complex album that wasn't immediately well-received this year too. Definitely applaud Radiohead for leaving the Rock to Muse, who continue to prove that it's about all they can do, and explore more intricate territory.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.