[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amnesiac is the best Radiohead album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 9.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
I think this is the best album Radiohead has put out. It fully commits to what they want they do. It has a great flow, and some of RH's most "experimental" work such as Like Spinning Plates and Pulk/Pull can be found here. I also found myself that out of any other Radiohead album that I relisten tracks off from, this probably fits the criteria the most. What do you think /mu/?
>>
Kid A is Perfect. Amnesiac is flawed, but reaches higher
>>
>>64757020
If Kid A is anxiety, Amnesiac is pure fucking dread. It's so successful at establishing a mood, more so than any other Radiohead album.
>>
I think it's the album where they finally zeroed in on their own voice, and subsequent albums have just refined what they did here. That said, I do think I like Amnesiac a hair more than In Rainbows and certainly more than TKOL. But it's ultimately a mid tier album for me - I simply like OKC, Kid A, HTTT, and even AMSP more.
>>
why does /mu/ hate rock music?
>>
>>64757276
its a "cool" meme
>>
>>64757232

To expand upon this, I found HTTT to be like the calm after Amnesiac's storm. If Amnesiac is dread, HTTT is sheer despondency, a sense of defeatism so great that there's no will to even feel dread anymore.
>>
>>64757020
>It fully commits to what they want they do
How do you know what they want to do?
>>
I agree. Amnesiac is my favorite Radiohead album by a pretty significant margin.
>>
File: 1993RadioheadPabloHoney600.jpg (386 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1993RadioheadPabloHoney600.jpg
386 KB, 600x600
that's a funny way to spell Pablo Honey, OP
>>
>>64757276

what does this have to do with the thread?
>>
>>64757570
>Amnesiac is the best because of scary guitar twing twangs!
>>
>>64757020
I agree, it's much more focused than Kid A.

I honestly consider Amnesiac to be in my top 2 fav Radiohead albums.
>>
It's definitely their most underrated album. And yes, it is far more cohesive than Kid A. Like Kid A, electronic instruments feature more prominently, but it also shows a significant jazz influence as well. If it's the best, it's the best because there's nothing else quite like it.

>>64757527

Pablo Honey is "Creep" and 11 other songs.
>>
>>64757310

What is In Rainbows then?
>>
>>64759417
The band realizing that they could no longer get away with writing shit tunes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.