[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
What does /mu/ think of this album?
>>
not even their best album but it's still quite good
>>
Their debut is better
>>
>>64756726
I gotta agree with you there
>>64756723
I also agree
>>
Anyone here listen to OK yet? Have it loaded up but didn't get around to it yet.
>>
One of my all time favorites, other than their self-titled of course
>>
>>64756788
It's OK. Tom's vocals are annoying, his screaming is shot, and the female vocals ruin it for me. Tim sounds great though. Musically, I think it's the best thing they've done since doppellganger
>>
WAY better than their new album, which SUCKS ASS.
>>
Thomas Erak lives nearby to me now in Ferndale, Michigan. I ran into him at a local gig dubbed "Speak No Evil." There were two stages setup; one was for instrumental bands, including Tides of Man, Covet, and I Speak in Calculus. The other stage was a bunch of shitty emo and screamo bands, headlined by Slaves.
Thomas Erak sat at the bar talking to some ratchet bitch the entire time.
I checked his instagram after the show, and the only band he mentioned was this shitty wannabe TFOT band called Adventurer.
>>
Was it always this boring?
>>
>>64756788
ANY of their older releases are better than OK.
>>
I liked it when I was 16.
>>
>>64756726
>>64756747
I really liked the guitar work. Really influential stuff
S/T's version of Mouths like Sidewinder Missiles is far superior.
>>
>>64756692
One of my all time favorites. Perfect mix of technicality without sacrificing melody or accessibility.
>>
>>64756692
It's great. I loved it as a teenager, but I find the awful lyrics a lot more difficult to ignore now. But there's no ignoring Thom's knack for writing visceral math-y riffs and actually putting them together in songs that are interesting but still appealing to "scene" kids. They were one of the few good bands from that mid-00s post-hardcore style.

Haven't listened to the new album, but I caught them on the last tour and they were great. You can tell they really appreciate their fans.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.