[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there ANY artist who had higher highs and lower lows than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: brian wilson.jpg (22 KB, 285x300) Image search: [Google]
brian wilson.jpg
22 KB, 285x300
Is there ANY artist who had higher highs and lower lows than the Beach Boys?
>>
Probably not but Kanye is getting there.
>>
me
>>
>>
File: lou-reed-4_zpsb678d617.jpg (10 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
lou-reed-4_zpsb678d617.jpg
10 KB, 300x316
Might as well count Metallica since Lulu is just that bad
>>
>>64756144
other than the car wreck which led to his initial success name one notable personal low Kanye had.
>>
Yes, the prog band.
>>
Dismemberment Plan
Grateful Dead
The Doors
>>
>>64756208
OP didn't say personal low...

As an artist, Yeezus was considered shit by most fans of his previous work. All of it has been critically acclaimed. Sounds a lot like The Beach Boys huh?
>>
File: kanye feel.gif (66 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
kanye feel.gif
66 KB, 633x758
>>64756208
his mothers death has devastated him and shifted his entire life every since

in b4 >it just makes him work harder!

even celebrities have feelings, anon
>>
>>64756208
the passing of his mother
>>
>>64756183
Alban Berg will punish you!
>>
Wu Tang Clan
>>
>>64756080

I agree Smile was an all time low.
>>
>>64756630
t. bitter bald man
>>
Yes
The Stooges
Tim Buckley
My Bloody Valentine (I dare you to check out their early EPs)
Boris
Bob Dylan
M83
Frank Zappa
Pixies
The Rolling Stones
TVU
>>
>>64756656
im tired of people praising it so much, its such a shallow listen because its incomplete, i dont want to have to imagine what it could have been. pet sounds is the source man
>>
>>64756317
>Yeezus was considered shit by most fans of his previous work

haaa
>>
black flag
ozzy
burzum
>>
>>64756080
>tfw you realise Weezer's entire output since Green has been a deliberate attempt to imitate the Beach Boys' post-1966 career trajectory.

Think about it:
>Achieve success as a superior surf-rock band with catchy songs and occasional moments of greater depth
>Release an album that's a significant departure from the sound that made you famous. Double down on the emotion.
>The album is met with confusion. Existing fanbase don't get it. Sales are poor.
>Start making mediocre, more accessible albums, giving people what they want and sticking to the formula
>Carve out a new niche as a catchy but uninteresting pop band
>Later on, emotional album is held as the band's clear high point. Critics re-evaluate it and fans lament what "could have been" if the initial response had been better

Also
>Fans obsess over an incomplete concept album written and recorded around the band's creative peak, kept alive by a steady trickle of demos, bootlegs and fan-made mixes
>>
>>64757484
Who is the Mike Love of Weezer?
>>
>>64757484
>Start making mediocre, more accessible albums, giving people what they want and sticking to the formula

>implying Smiley Smile, Friends, Surf's Up and Sunflower are mediocre, accessible albums that stick with the formula
if anything, Smiley Smile is their most experimental record ever.
>>
>>64757571
Rivers is both Brian and Mike
>>
>>64757571
Rivers Cuomo
>>
>>64756737
Why Boris
>>
File: Weezer_Maladroit.jpg (468 KB, 1021x1024) Image search: [Google]
Weezer_Maladroit.jpg
468 KB, 1021x1024
>>64757596
>Band's creative dead zone is punctuated with a few "experimental" releases that fans tend to overhype
>>
>>64756317
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who enjoyed most of Yeezus.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.