[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The entire genre of rap is a meme, all rap is memerap, as it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 56456456.jpg (22 KB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
56456456.jpg
22 KB, 320x179
The entire genre of rap is a meme, all rap is memerap, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian constituents that has tried to make us believe rap is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "redditor" who is "born in le wrong generation" and there's probably some racial element to it too. Rap music has no staying power. All of rap is just a neo-rockist sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "urban" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why rappers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. Rap is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of rap beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone "raps" over it. The "technical aspects" of rapping are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "rapper", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like cLOUDDEAD and Atmosphere to the "golden days" of Public Enemy and Eric B. and Rakim to instrumental stuff like J Dilla and DJ Shadow to the 90s with Nas and Mobb Deep to the CLT approved A Tribe Called Quest and Digital Planets to today like Kendrick and Kanye. All rap is meme rap. All of it.
>>
>>64748920
I FUCKING HATE RAP MUSIC
No I'm not trying to sound cool or hipsterish, it's because everywhere I go, everywhere I look there is some dumb black dude listening to RAP in his beats
IT ALL SOUNDS THE FUCKING SAME
THE FUXKING SAME
SAME FUCKING MARRACA BEAT
SAME CYMBOLS IN THE BACKGROUND
SAME LYRICS, YOU COULD SWAP THE FUCKING LYRICS AND NOT ONE WOULD FUCKING CARE THE DIFFERENCE
ITS ALL THE FUXKING SAME
AND THEY HAVE THOUSANDS OF THESE SAMEASS SONGS ON THEIR PHONES (either that or they listen to the same song hours on end)
LIKE, ARE BLACK PEOPLE AND WIGGERS PROGRAMMED IN THEIR MIND TO LIKE THE SAME CARBON COPY MUSIC?
THESE SAMEASS FUCKASSES ONLY LISTEN TO THESE SONGS BECAUSE THEIR IDIOT HIVEMIND FRIENDS LISTEN TO IT
IT SUCKS. I HATE IT. I WANT TO MURDER THE PRODUCERS

I FUCKING HATE ROCK MUSIC
No I'm not trying to sound cool or hipsterish, it's because everywhere I go, everywhere I look there is some dumb black dude listening to ROCK in his headphones
IT ALL SOUNDS THE FUCKING SAME
THE FUXKING SAME
SAME FUCKING GUITARS
SAME DRUMS IN THE BACKGROUND
SAME LYRICS, YOU COULD SWAP THE FUCKING LYRICS AND NOT ONE WOULD FUCKING CARE THE DIFFERENCE
ITS ALL THE FUXKING SAME
AND THEY HAVE THOUSANDS OF THESE SAMEASS SONGS ON THEIR PHONES (either that or they listen to the same song hours on end)
LIKE, ARE ROCK FANS AND HIPSTERS PROGRAMMED IN THEIR MIND TO LIKE THE SAME CARBON COPY MUSIC?
THESE SAMEASS FUCKASSES ONLY LISTEN TO THESE SONGS BECAUSE THEIR IDIOT HIVEMIND FRIENDS LISTEN TO IT
IT SUCKS. I HATE IT. I WANT TO MURDER THE BANDS
>>
>>64748976
Good post.
>>
File: average rap fan.gif (210 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
average rap fan.gif
210 KB, 220x200
>>64748920
>>
>>64749864
Accurate image desu
>>
File: 1451165281430.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1451165281430.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
>>64748976
>>
All nonclassical, non-jazz, and non-avant garde music is objectively inferior meme music for plebs. Even patrician rock is the simplest shit in the world by comparison.
>>
>>64750936
True, rock is still nowhere near as plebby as hip hop though.
>>
>>64752573

I think the lyricism of "good" hip-hop keeps it even w/ rock despite the lack of instrumental skills. "Rap is poetry" sounds like a defensive meme, but it's literally true. And it's often dazzling poetry. Rock lyrics are uniformly terrible with very few exceptions even in "good" rock.
>>
I don't care what an anonymous faggot thinks of the music I like. I don't even know why I lurk here. It's not like there is much OC on this board, and threads like this are all recycled.
>>
>>64748920
who is this qt
I want to feel the disdain from her eyes burn holes into my soul
>>
>>64748920
like really I want to talk to her about my favorite hip hop albums as she stares silently at me like that and maybe if I'm lucky she'll become so disgusted she'll spit in my face or maybe even down my mouth and I'll be able to feel her delicious vitriol pierce me deeper and deeper
>>
>>64752790
>THIS DICK AINT FREE
10/10 lyricism, pure poetry.

>>64752881
Haruka Shimazaki
>>
>>64753265
>cherrypicking

well done anon
>>
>>64753299
Show me some poetic rap lyrics then m8.
>>
Hip Hop is by definition the meme music of all meme music.
>>
>>64753265
>Haruka Shimazaki
Thanks for giving this thread some worth
>>
>>64753417
wait what the fuck I'm exactly a year older than a jpop idol
how did I become so old oh my god
>>
>>64753341
I don't care what shitty music you like. You can dislike hip hop all you want. But you're argument is weak.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.