[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I never gave Radiohead a real listen because it was hard to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Radiohead_-_The_Best_Of.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead_-_The_Best_Of.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
So I never gave Radiohead a real listen because it was hard to take them seriously after hearing Creep, which made me associate them with groups like Puddle of Mudd and Creed.

However I just bough pic related and am about to dig into it. After this I'll go through their albums. Which one should I start with?
>>
ok computer then go chronologically
>>
>>64748611
The Bends is probably their most accessible (although imo not their best).
>>
>>64748611
I like creep unironically
>>
>>64748611
Just listen to the whole of Kid A
>>
>>64748611
OK Computer is their breakthrough album. Kid A, it's follow up, is also phenomenal
>>
Listen to the Bends then the rest of the albums in order. Then go back and listen to Pablo Honey to kek at how generic it is.
>>
>>64748725
Literally the best way
>>
File: 1357596692958.jpg (78 KB, 1487x961) Image search: [Google]
1357596692958.jpg
78 KB, 1487x961
>>
>>64748725
this
>>
>>64748725
do this op. every album from the bends onwards is at least good and you'll get to see how their sound evolved
>>
>>64748611
>bought Radiohead the best of
Stop this meming
>>
>>64748725
do this
>>
>>64748611
>embarrassed about Post-Grunge
>buys a best of album

Sounds like you're already a pleb anyway, may aswell go all the way m8. Also Creep doesn't sound like either of those bands.
>>
>>64748611
Do a lot of Radiohead fans ACTUALLY think Creep is a bad song? I mean I know we can pretty much all agree it's low on the list. But it's still a fucking nice song to listen to now and then.

It's pretty well performed and constructed for how simple it is and Thom's vocals are fucking amazing. That fucking RUUUUUN! part has no business being as good as it is.

I think you cynical fucks are just trying too hard.
>>
>>64748683
Cool.
>>
>>64748725
/thread
>>
>>64748763
Where does AMSP fall into this?
>>
>>64750106
>Do a lot of Radiohead fans ACTUALLY think Creep is a bad song?
Well i wouldn't say. At every Radiohead gig there's a bunch of ppl begging Thom to sing it. It only aplies to those snobbish pretentious lot. I find it pretty enjoyable at times.
>>
creep is the worst song ever made
>>
>>64750106
I don't think it's a bad song, but Radiohead fans are some of the most obsessive out there and will have a lot more tracks they'd rather hear live and it gets annoying when someone pretends to like radiohead purely because they like creep
>>
>>64750106
It's just that Thom Yorke also hates it I think, and /mu/ is known for being a bunch of drones. It's the same with High and Dry.
>>
What's wrong with Creep?

It's just overplayed. It's not a bad song.
>>
>>64750255
>I need something that sounds more boring
>>
>>64750717
you said it yourself
>>
>>64748725
if you dont do this ur a faget

tbhfam u should do this more or less for most bands
>>
>>64750256
nice bait friendo
>>
Is there a meaning to "A moon shaped Pool"? did anyone get the interpretation already?
>>
>>64748656
I actually started with the Bends, back then I used to like heavier rock stuff, so songs like My Iron Lung was my favourite, I still actually return to a few songs, like Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit, so on and so forth.
>>
>>64750902
Well all i know that it's the line from the Identikit chorus, perhaps the answer lies there.
>>
kid a is essential
if you like that then check out amnesiac
if you want a rock album then go for ok computer
everything else can be skipped if you don't like kid a IMO
you'll only like the other albums if you're a huge fan
also don't fall for the bends meme, it's reddit-tier most pleb album radiohead ever did
also no one likes pablo honey, not plebs, not diehard fans, not anyone so just pretend it doesnt exist
>>
>>64750902
My interpretation:
A Moon Shaped Pool refers to a pool shaped BY the moon, not LIKE a moon.
With this in mind, you can consider Thom the pool, and the things that affect him in life (most notably his now-ex-lover, as the record seems to be commonly about his breakup) to be the moon, whose gravity (or emotional connections) shapes and defines who he is.

He is a moon-shaped pool.
>>
>>64752117
What the fuck, In Rainbows is great.
>>
>>64750255

A line coming off HTTT that says "MORE STRINGS"
>>
>>64748611
>it was hard to take them seriously after hearing Creep, which made me associate them with groups like Puddle of Mudd and Creed.

wew lad
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.