[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a trick to understanding screaming in music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 229x220
Is there a trick to understanding screaming in music?
>>
just keep listening to screamo

william bonney, snowing, etc
>>
>>64744883
this

just climb up the ladder, from shit like that and stuff that's not really screaming but more like yelling like Hotelier and Cap'n Jazz, and then when stuff like that sounds comfortable move up to artists like Orchid and Loma Prieta.
>>
you have to be 12 to understand it

13 to grow out of it
>>
>>64745216
and 11 to belittle other people's taste
>>
>>64744883
Yeah I was just reading along with the lyrics, since I could only barely lick out certain words from the screaming
>>
>>64745641
you'll get a lot better at interpreting lyrics the more comfortable you get listening to it. When I first started listening to metal with screamed vocals I had no idea what they were saying but loved the backing instrumentals a lot of the time, but the more and closer I listened the more it grew on me.
>>
listen to brand new aka baby's first band with screams
>>
>>64744849
Empathizing with the emotions behind the performance. I've never listened to your pic, and there's certainly a lot of screamy shit that is just heavy handed, but when it's peppered in it can be really great.

Ever listened to For Reverend Green? That's an example of screaming used well imo.
>>
>>64745903
No I haven't what's a good album to start with?
>>
>>64746155
It's just a song by AnCo. I just like that he uses it but with enough restraint that it doesn't become redundant or monotonous. Screaming is a find technique, but if you over indulge in it, as with anything that distinct, it turns into ineffective mush.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.